Comments on Profile Post by Matteus

1. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    That's not a story, that's a self insert power fantasy. Usually complete with bland """""fears""""" and bland """""desires"""". You see how I am making these massive air quotes that are not actually air quotes, but actual quotes? That's because LitRPG characters, or at least the ones I have seen, are usually so one dimensional the paper that the character was written is more interesting than it.
    Jan 19, 2020
  2. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    I would also like to point out that most of the time, for some reason, authors absolutely NEED to tell the audience what stats are, and why their important. NONE OF THEM REALISE that if the audience didn't know what an RPG was, they wouldnt be read a LITRPG!
    Jan 19, 2020
    Maddy and Matteus like this.
  3. Matteus
    Matteus
    Yeah! The most frustrating part is the "jack of all trades" character, you CAN'T be a MAGE that heals more than priests, tank more than warriors and sneak better than assassins. They miss the whole point of what a RPG is, what's the point of classes if you can do everything, better than everyone.
    Jan 19, 2020
  4. Matteus
    Matteus
    They have that stupid argument "if you focus on INT and WIS your mage class will be unbalanced, that's why you should get STR and AGI" like wtf! The whole point of a mage is INT, WIS and maybe a little of VIT. They wanna make a LITRPG but they don't know how RPGs work
    Jan 19, 2020
    Maddy likes this.
  5. Twilight Fox
    Twilight Fox
    Maybe it's that they have played to many RPGs and want an ultimate character. Like I said, most of these fictions are self insert power fantasies.

I also horribly detest the "Absorb" characters. Or the "Eating" characters. You know the type. Some monster that can eat other monsters and gain their powers, some hero who can absorb this or that and make bla bla bla. As if it was justification for bad character writing
    Jan 19, 2020
    Maddy and Matteus like this.