Comments on Profile Post by Silver Snake

1. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Also, I don't think it's about being interesting. It's about being interested, actively engaging with the other individual. Inherently, people are not interesting.
    Jan 26, 2020
  2. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Also also, all people don't have to be "vulnerable" to connect with one another. That's such a single minded way to think. Some people inherently just have no vulnerability. Some people can communicate with their eyes when meeting for the first time.
    Jan 26, 2020
  3. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    I just don't think you get it. And of course all of this is MY OPINION.
    Jan 26, 2020
  4. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    You sound like a person who has only seen one side of the world. You sound as if you've only seen through your eyes. Or that you don't believe another world exists.
    Jan 26, 2020
  5. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    And trying to broadcast your personality if you weren't already doing it is like telling a person to be fake. It's like telling a person to turn themselves on. Your premise is so flawed.
    Jan 26, 2020
  6. Effugium
    Effugium
    I think aura is actually your body language. So it can indeed be changed
    Jan 26, 2020
    lychee likes this.
  7. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    It's literally laughable how you speak as if on another's behalf, but are only speaking on yours. It's fucking hilarious.
    Jan 26, 2020
  8. Effugium
    Effugium
    I didn't speak on anyone's behalf. Just presenting my opinion of aura
    Jan 26, 2020
  9. Ai chan
    Ai chan
    Aura is actually metaphysical, as in spiritual. It's not your body language, something you can't see or rationalize, you just feel it there. That being said, I wouldn't liken it to a fingerprint but more like your body scent or your complexion. It's hard to change yet, it's not impossible to change. There are books written about how to change your aura, most of which include meditation and better lifestyle choices.
    Jan 26, 2020
    AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  10. Ai chan
    Ai chan
    What I think Lychee meant though, was probably a person's atmosphere. You know, like how you meet someone for the first time and you instantly thought, "Man, I don't want to be here much longer" or "This guy is a gonna be a pain in the ass." There are ways to change this perception of you, and while it is hard, with enough determination, you can change.
    Jan 26, 2020
    AMissingLinguist and lychee like this.
  11. Effugium
    Effugium
    Then maybe it's actually your look+ your body language. When you frown all the time you'd give off an unapproachable aura, when you walk with your back straight you'd give off a confident aura/vibe. When you smile a lot you'd give off a friendly aura. :/
    Jan 26, 2020
    lychee and blues86 like this.
  12. lychee
    lychee
    Thank you everyone for all the really thoughtful responses! I’m kind of surprised by the profile post text wall — it’s so cramped to type here! xD would you rather discuss it in a thread/blog elsewhere?
    Jan 26, 2020
    AMissingLinguist and Snowbun like this.
  13. Lurking
    Lurking
    interesting discussion

dunno whats aura ig
    Feb 8, 2020