Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. pass1478
    pass1478
    Probably just the loud and obnoxious minority
    Feb 17, 2020
  2. Deleted member 155674
  3. Anra7777
    Anra7777
    That’s kinda what I assumed when I was reading about the controversy over the anime (haven’t read it or watched it), but I’ve also seen a lot of reasonable seeming people defend it and say that the criticism is overblown. Now I’m kinda curious to read those comments and see what they’re saying.
    Feb 17, 2020
  4. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    A Good author or actor that creates or plays a villain loves when they're hated
    Feb 17, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  5. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    The comment is from a different novel actually.

I actually made a typo.

Readers read such novels and say " ALL goddesses are evil or all girls are bitches except for the loyal slaves of course who will refuse freedom for great master
    ."
    Feb 17, 2020
    Anra7777 likes this.
  6. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    The main issue is that these are lazy antagonists. There is no explanation whatsoever why they hate the protagonist.
    And since they are usually females, it makes it easy for readers to just say " ALL women are this or that"
    Feb 17, 2020
    Anra7777 likes this.
  7. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    Uhhh for shield hero the hate towards the princess was explained
    Feb 17, 2020
  8. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    Think the author wrote the MC as a person who developed trust issues and explained away the slave thing that way
    Feb 17, 2020
  9. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Feb 17, 2020
  10. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    Because the shield hero was the hero for the beast nation? Been a few years since I read it
    Feb 17, 2020
  11. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    And the empire she was in was racist
    Feb 17, 2020
  12. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    I think they had 4 legendary heroes that one of the four countries could summon, that country went behind their backs and summoned all four
    Feb 17, 2020
  13. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I only watched the anime but her justifications for hating him was ridiculous.
    It just made me easy for readers to just assume her sex as the reason she is evil.
    Here is the jarring and disappointing part that you can see in even Chinese novels:

Any female that disagrees with the protagonist is evil.
    Any female that agrees with protagonist is good
    Feb 17, 2020
    Anra7777 and Archaic pickle like this.
  14. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    What can I say, if you want a real plot read the novel, otherwise it's like cliffnotes
    Feb 17, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  15. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    Alot of stories get butchered with anime and film adaptations
    Feb 17, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  16. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Haha, in Chinese it is only the females in love with the protagonist that are good.

Ah yes. Cliffnotes, I recall falling a paper because I used a paragraph from cliffnotes so it was marked as plagiarism
    Feb 17, 2020
    Archaic pickle likes this.
  17. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    For a poor international student in the US from a backward country. I didn't know what was plagiarism.
    It was also a failure of my college, since the lecturer was always sick.
    She didnt even recognize me and accused me of never taking the finals
    I would have gotten a B but ended up with a C because of the plagiarism
    Now that I am older, I know that grades are meaningless
    Feb 17, 2020
  18. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    The funniest thing is that I believe I gave her a gift, a card or something
    for Christmas because it was Fall semester.
    I didn't have any intentions at the time but that was what saved me from failing the class since I could prove I took the final with that haha
    Feb 17, 2020
  19. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    Heh... They rake in the money if they can't tell who is in the class due to the amount of people
    Feb 17, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  20. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Thats not the reason, the lecturer was ill and barely came to class the entire semester, so she barely taught.
    The school was really crap with lecturers getting replaced by substitutes in the middle of the semester
    When I transferred out, I learnt just how crap the school was
    Feb 17, 2020