Comments on Profile Post by Parth37955

1. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    I guess they're just too lazy to use the mobile browser?
    Mar 6, 2020
  2. Deleted member 155674
    Mar 6, 2020
  3. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    I mean, the one I use basically just sends me a mobile notification whenever there's a new chapter of something on my reading list. It doesn't require my login and it's really rather convenient to use.
    Mar 6, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  4. kenar
    kenar
    Maybe they have a nice UI though I don't know since I don't use any NU "app"
    Mar 6, 2020
  5. MadraRua
    MadraRua
    Daft question but did they ask for permission before making said unofficial app? Bit cheeky, no?
    Mar 7, 2020
  6. Parth37955
    Parth37955
    @MadraRua most likely not. Not that we expressively forbid it, but it does lead to people reporting to us about apps not working or having paid for features.
    Mar 7, 2020
    AMissingLinguist and MadraRua like this.
  7. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    It's not like the apps are all a bad thing, people just need to know who made them, and who to talk to it they don't work.
    Mar 7, 2020
  8. Parth37955
    Parth37955
    @UnGrave yeh, like I said it's not like we forbid them. I just wish people used best practices. Also I was just curious as to why people keep asking for them. I don't really see a use for them...then again I have a regular pc as well.
    Mar 7, 2020
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  9. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    I think the reason for the sudden influx is that there was a change with the way Cloudflare does some stuff, so I think a lot of the apps have broken temporarily.
    Mar 7, 2020
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  10. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    If you just want the notifs, there is the RSS feed thingy
    Mar 7, 2020
  11. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    where? I've been looking for years
    Mar 7, 2020
  12. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    Goto Reading list and press the green wifi symbol for that list or orange one for all the lists.
    Mar 7, 2020
    AMissingLinguist and UnGrave like this.