Comments on Profile Post by Ophious

1. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    *LOLS* I feel for you, the teachers and the technicians. Try again later?
    Mar 18, 2020
  2. Ophious
    Ophious
    Maybe
    But I thought they'd at least email us with any info but nope
    Nada zip zero
    No information on the online lectures at all
    Mar 18, 2020
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  3. Ophious
    Ophious
    Profs finally responded~
    So one was due to a server overload and so he couldn't do anything about it
    Decided to just post powerpoints for future classes
    The other class, I couldn't contact the prof since he didn't have his email listed anywhere
    so I contact the T.A. and he said that he also has no news about any future online lectures and should just read the text book in prep for the exam...
    Mar 18, 2020
    HNCKrstl and Femme Fatale like this.
  4. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    horrified.

Is this for Uni or high school?
    Mar 18, 2020
    HNCKrstl likes this.
  5. Ophious
    Ophious
    Uni
    Mar 19, 2020
  6. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    That is really bad form. I'd be kicking up a stink when this crisis is over...it's their responsibility to provide tuition, how can you do that by just reading a book? The lecturer is meant to clarify terms to supplement the reading, etc... shame on them...especially if you are paying for your classes.
    Mar 19, 2020
    Snowbun likes this.
  7. Ophious
    Ophious
    I am, and honestly I still feel stressed out because he didn't even give out which chapters to read
    All he said was just to read about Buddhism but he didn't tell us which chapters are about it, which parts of it he book talks about and which parts of those info we need to concentrate on
    Like I have nothing to go by except on what the general topic is
    Mar 19, 2020
    HNCKrstl, Snowbun and Femme Fatale like this.
  8. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Wow...do you have a syllabus? In Universities I've been to, they provide that so you can read ahead if you want to be prepared.
    Mar 19, 2020
  9. Ophious
    Ophious
    I do
    sadly it only outlines what the topics would be about when we discuss it in class
    not the actual chapters needed to read
    E-mailed the T.A and hopefully, he can at least give me some sort of direction
    Mar 19, 2020
    Femme Fatale likes this.
  10. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    You might also want to find out if the University has made an official statement about what they will do if you miss too many classes...i.e. will they refund your tuition? Will they roll over your schedule for next term...that kind of thing. Don't fully stress cause it might turn into a nothing burger too. Your student council will probably be making noises about that.
    Mar 19, 2020
    HNCKrstl and Ophious like this.
  11. Ophious
    Ophious
    Ok~
    Thanks for all these advices and listening to me complain~
    Started to feel much better now~
    Mar 19, 2020
  12. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    I hope it works out for you. I really do. It sounds like you aren't the only one in this predicament, so take solace in that your uni will not be able to just sweep this under the rug, they have obligations and a reputation to keep...a standing in the Academic Community...I mean If it's found out that they are giving you shoddy education, who is going to want to study with them in the future?
    Mar 19, 2020
  13. Femme Fatale
    Femme Fatale
    Virus or not, you expect to get bang for buck. You are the consumer, they are meant to provide you with the education you requested for your career goals.
    Mar 19, 2020