Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    behind the shadows
    It doesn't have to be an Asian novel. I might be forced to buy or look up pirated copies
    Apr 4, 2020
    userunfriendly likes this.
  2. Anra7777
    Anra7777
    So... basically you want something where the MC is Wormtongue? That could be interesting.
    Apr 4, 2020
    userunfriendly likes this.
  3. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    I heard 'The Lions of Al Rassan' has a bit of what you're looking for, and 'The Black Company' series probably too. Mind you, both of these do not have a single main character so it's not clear-cut.
    Apr 4, 2020
  4. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    The writer of the first has a slower writing styles and his books generally have a strong human and/or tragic aspect to them. His books need attention though, if you know what I mean.
    Apr 4, 2020
  5. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    The second one, a series, can be a slug to get through at times but it's a unique series, focusing a lot on the moral grey. Well, at least that's what I heard because I dropped this one early on. I'll take part of the blame for that though.
    Apr 4, 2020
  6. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    Same for Tigana of the same writer.

But I don't think any of these will give you the vibes you're looking for, let me think some more.
    Apr 4, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  7. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    Oh, Robbin Hobb! Farseer might give a bit of what you're looking for.
    Apr 4, 2020
  8. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    Aha, some of Raymond E. Feist's books.

Oh darnit, I'm giving advisor recommendations not puppeteer ...
    Apr 4, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  9. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    Yea, again I cannot give a satisfactory answer. These books are worth the try though.
    Apr 4, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.
  10. WinByDying
    WinByDying
    From Feist, try Jimmy The Hand, The Empire Trilogy, and yea ... maybe Talon of the Silver Hawk.
    Apr 4, 2020
    Wujigege likes this.