Comments on Profile Post by Loni4ever

1. View previous comments
  2. Coffea to Ell
    Coffea to Ell
    Uncle..... Read it again carefully, will you?
    (T_T)
    May 3, 2020
  3. LAOG
    LAOG
    It is perfectly normal to like girls, so I understand. '_>'
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever and Moonpearl like this.
  4. Coffea to Ell
    Coffea to Ell
    Meanie uncle~
    *run away while crying*
    May 3, 2020
  5. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    @Isti Ell I'm also "normal", even if I'm not straight. :/
    May 3, 2020
  6. Tilgarial
    Tilgarial
    *pats ell*
    it just depends on your viewpoint
    you are the normal for being you no matter what, since there is no other you!
    so you can be however you want~
    That's what makes people interesting, anyways
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever and Coffea to Ell like this.
  7. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    @Tilgarial Calling other people abnormal isn't a ~cute and trendy~ different viewpoint. Please, this is a papercut across my heart every time straight people do this to me.
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki and Anra7777 like this.
  8. Tilgarial
    Tilgarial
    Owo?
    I didnt call you abnormal. just as ell is the normal for being ell, you are the normal for being you. people are people, and everybody is different, but that doesnt mean anybody is wrong or fake or whatever, they're just... different? a world where everybody is the same would be boring
    May 3, 2020
  9. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    @Tilgarial Straight people who say "I'm not gay, I'm normal" are saying that gay people are abnormal whether they put thought into it or not. Your comment makes it sound like you're saying it's okay to say things like that.
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki, Loni4ever and Anra7777 like this.
  10. Tilgarial
    Tilgarial
    *thinks*
    well, I'm sorry if that's how it sounded like, then
    but i didnt exactly mean her orientation?
    I meant more like... everything
    orientation is really just one point where people differ from each other.
    and the initial comment is something i would have said to basically anybody, with the rare exclusions being unrelated to the current topics
    May 3, 2020
  11. Tilgarial
    Tilgarial
    *sighs*
    well, I'm also probably making things more complicated than they are simply by the way I'm saying things, but yeah
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  12. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    @Isti Ell ooh I see, I figured since you said it's difficult for you to be attracted to guys, you'd be attracted to girls more but apparently not haha xD it seems like you're quite unfamiliar with sexualities other than straight?
    May 3, 2020
    Coffea to Ell likes this.
  13. Coffea to Ell
    Coffea to Ell
    *nod nod*
    Yess..
    (>///<)
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  14. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    Haha was that a yes to the first or second thing I said? xD
    May 3, 2020
  15. Coffea to Ell
    Coffea to Ell
    For the second thing
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  16. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    I see :D I guess that'll probably change if you're on the internet long enough hahaha xD
    May 3, 2020
  17. Coffea to Ell
    Coffea to Ell
    Ughh...
    Yess.... Maybe...
    (>///<)
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  18. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    *pats* it may feel strange at first to think about things you're unfamiliar with but isn't it also interesting? You'll be able to know and understand more things and people if you explore different topics~
    May 3, 2020
    Tilgarial, Anra7777 and Coffea to Ell like this.
  19. Coffea to Ell
    Coffea to Ell
    *smile~* if its just a little, i do understand it. But, when the joke become too deep i dont quite understand it.
    *nod nod* i think i will be able to know and understand more things in the future~
    (^_^)
    May 3, 2020
    Tilgarial and Loni4ever like this.
  20. Zaart
    Zaart
    i'm not gay since i always said "no homo" afterward
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  21. Zaart
    Zaart
    and who wouldn't "give a hand" to a friend in need =P
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  22. Melodious Nocturne
    Melodious Nocturne
    I don’t find that funny.
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  23. Zaart
    Zaart
    Q-Q
    May 3, 2020
  24. Zaart
    Zaart
    you hurt my poor clowny heart
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  25. Anra7777
    Anra7777
    It does come across as homophobic in a semi-serious, semi-casual conversation about sexuality. Perhaps you’re gay, and most of the people here know you’re gay, and you’re making a joke, but otherwise it comes across as insensitive.
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki, Loni4ever and Tilgarial like this.
  26. Tilgarial
    Tilgarial
    A good joker knows where to bring which joke~
    As example, this would probably be a good place to bring a joke about straight people?
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki, Loni4ever and Anra7777 like this.
  27. Zaart
    Zaart
    i'm bi o/ and it was semi-serious
    i must say i didn't notice it being insensitive Q-Q
    May 3, 2020
  28. Anra7777
    Anra7777
    Perhaps I’m just oversensitive as “no homo” seems to be used to express soft homophobia where I’m from and it annoys me.
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  29. Zaart
    Zaart
    May 3, 2020
    Anra7777 and Loni4ever like this.
  30. Zaart
    Zaart
    but i am quite hard to offend and because of that i sometime say insensitive things \o/ so don't hesitate to point it out
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki, Anra7777 and Loni4ever like this.
  31. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    So you're bi huh... pity it's not "this guy is gay AAAAND european" hahaha xDD uuuh that song :'D

A lot of humour is sorta insensitive e.g. the "no homo" jokes. Frankly, I think a lot of them are funny xD but well, everyone has their boundaries and lines when it comes to humour :D
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki, Tilgarial and Anra7777 like this.
  32. Anra7777
    Anra7777
    I asked a friend who’s bi, and she said that it was mostly used as a joke among the queer community, poking fun at homophobia. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ So I guess I was just being oversensitive. Or maybe there is a regional difference.
    May 3, 2020
    AliceShiki, Moonpearl and Loni4ever like this.
  33. Zaart
    Zaart
    don't worry about it!
    let's just all love each other, forgive petty insults and live a wonderful life in our beautiful world <3
    May 3, 2020
  34. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    @Anra7777 It is, but you need to be in a context where everyone knows you're not straight to make those jokes - otherwise you get an understandably bad reception.
    May 3, 2020
  35. Zaart
    Zaart
    meh @Moonpearl we should all strive to leave our sensitivities behind and learn to laugh about what hurts us ^^
    it make me happier at least =D
    May 3, 2020
  36. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    @Zaart No - that just leads to people thinking it's okay to go on hurting you or to do worse. I don't mind joking with others who have suffered the same as me, but that's a different dynamic.
    May 3, 2020
  37. Zaart
    Zaart
    well i guess we will have to agree to disagree on that =P
    and i can stilll tell peoples when they go too far ^^
    and since i am known to be quite easy going social pressure then take care to improve their behavior
    and afterward i can even befriend that someone \o/
    then everyone is happy =D
    (well yeah sometime it fail but then i let others to be offended in my stead and take care of it =P)
    May 3, 2020
  38. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Wouldn't Alice count?
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  39. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    May 3, 2020
    SquadCammander354 likes this.
  40. Tilgarial
    Tilgarial
    Owo?
    May 3, 2020
    Loni4ever likes this.
  41. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    I'm bisexual and I know a decent number of other nuffians that aren't straight.

So... Yeah, there are definitely gay nuffians out there, you just need to know them well enough to find out~
    May 4, 2020
  42. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Also, I like thinking that nobody is normal and that anyone trying to pushing normality into others is someone trying to stifle you into an ideal of "productive member of society" that is not only unrealistic, but will also crush you if you seriously try achieving it.
    May 4, 2020
  43. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    As for the jokes... I think any joke can be made, but they need the right context.

Using an example of a drama that happened a long time ago in my country, there was a comedian that made a joke about how an ugly raped woman should be happy about it because they'd never have sexual intercourse if it wasn't for rape.
    May 4, 2020
    Loni4ever and SquadCammander354 like this.
  44. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    So... He got a letter from a woman that went through rape calling him out on it and asking he stopped making that joke.

He ignored it and continued making it, so he was processed, and he is now not allowed to make the joke again unless he wanna pay a huge fine for it.
    May 4, 2020
  45. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Because well... Telling a woman that went through rape that they should be happy about it is never a good idea.

... OTOH, if he just wants to make that joke among his personal circle of friends, I don't see why not. They'll just laugh at it and understand that it is not a serious statement and move on.
    May 4, 2020
  46. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    So... Context matters for jokes IMO~

It's okay to make them, but it's important to do them at the right time and place.
    May 4, 2020
  47. Loni4ever
    Loni4ever
    *is out of likes* interesting... that's not a very nice joke to make, though I wonder how they managed to make him actually pay for it? xD I'd understand social backlash but legal consequences for a joke.... makes me curious about the specific reason according to the law
    May 4, 2020
  48. Anra7777
    Anra7777
    Intentional infliction of emotional distress, perhaps?
    May 4, 2020
  49. pass1478
    pass1478
    I'm quite open to things in quite a morally and ethically questionable level. I'm not one to do them, but I'm one to be okay with them, to say for the least.

As for jokes, I personally think that anyone can say whatever they want. But what they say is, in of itself, different from its corresponding context and response/reaction.
    May 4, 2020
  50. pass1478
    pass1478
    Also, just rechecked this post 'cause of an alert from a like, and damn are there quite a bit of comments.
    May 4, 2020
  51. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    @Loni4ever I dunno the exact details, so... Maybe what Anra-chan said! ^^)/
    May 4, 2020