Comments on Profile Post by FIEND

1. pass1478
    pass1478
    'Cause it's fun seeing the bastard fuckin' around while the world burns around him. The side characters are also pretty well-made, same with the world building.
    Jul 7, 2020
    tallrice likes this.
  2. pass1478
    pass1478
    Wait, are we talking about the Goblin tale in RRL?
    Jul 7, 2020
  3. FIEND
    FIEND
    yea we are
    and oh ok mybe ill stick w it
    Jul 7, 2020
    tallrice likes this.
  4. tallrice
    tallrice
    It's been a long time since I read the start, but I do remember it being a bit of a drag early. It gets a lot better once the hunter who is 'training' the MC gets killed off. The MC then goes on to become a leader, develop magic powers and a new civilization is introduced from the depths to challenge his growing goblin kingdom. Then there's a dragon.
    Jul 8, 2020
    FIEND likes this.
  5. tallrice
    tallrice
    But more fundamentally, I thought all the characters were well done, and the interactions and misunderstandings between humans and goblins were and continue to be brilliant.
    Jul 8, 2020
  6. FIEND
    FIEND
    OHHHH SHIIIIT a growing goblin kingdom, so kingdom building?????
    shame that u didnt like tree of aeons. the world building in that story is awesome
    Jul 8, 2020
  7. tallrice
    tallrice
    ... that is why I put Iron Teeth on the Kingdom Building list. It's fairly late in the series, but it becomes the major element.It's great, and there are a few other goblins that become major characters, each of them great unique personalities

... hmm... how far do I have to get in Tree of Aeons for the kingdom building? I read up to chapter 22 (A meet, a gift and a root)
    Jul 8, 2020
  8. FIEND
    FIEND
    i forgot what 22 was about, but u need to go past when new freeka is destroyed.
    Jul 8, 2020
    tallrice likes this.