Comments on Profile Post by Sabruness

1. pass1478
    pass1478
    Welp. Seems like the new copyright laws are doing work.
    Aug 15, 2020
  2. pass1478
    pass1478
    Very surprising how it's managed to stay up for so long, knowing how big it had gotten.

Back to torrents it is for me then.
    Aug 15, 2020
  3. OnceandFutureLurker
    OnceandFutureLurker
    so probably a couple of days to a week until its replacement is up and running
    Aug 15, 2020
  4. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    plenty other fish in the sea still out there. i doubt they'll ever be able to completely stop it
    Aug 15, 2020
  5. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    Kinda a big deal but like there are other better sites that most people use anyways so eh. Worst case you can always goto nyaa
    Aug 15, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  6. pass1478
    pass1478
    I mean, depends on how strict it can get. Will it end up like western movies and shows where torrents are pretty much the only viable options, or will the rate of new pirates be above the rates of DMCA strikes. Though, I think they're too late in implementing the laws; the community grew too big to stop, so yeah, I doubt torrents will be the only way to watch them (for free) in the future.
    Aug 15, 2020
    Sabruness likes this.
  7. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    I mean unlike western movies, pretty much all over the word except US, Western Europe, China, Japan and Australia there is a total of zero ways to watch most shows. Piracy is a service problem - the companies dont really stand a chance if they are trying to squash this hydra by sheer force you know.
    Aug 15, 2020
  8. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    As an Australian, i can honestly say that piracy is sometimes still a big thing here, especially for things that arent easy to acquire affordably. Anime here is pretty expensive ($60-70 AUD per cour season for DVD, usually +$10-20 for bluray) (1/2)
    Aug 15, 2020
  9. Sabruness
    Sabruness
    so i wouldnt be surprised if lots of anime is pirated here quite a bit. prob the same for other things (like games) that can easily become expensive due to exchange rates and other economic stuff.
    Aug 15, 2020