Comments on Profile Post by Arcturus

1. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    She's a transgender woman with a very open interest in Malori as a love interest? It's definitely yuri.
    Sep 29, 2020
    Arcturus likes this.
  2. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    Sep 29, 2020
    Arcturus likes this.
  3. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Ah, that was never actually stated in the story itself, so I wasn't sure if she was actually trans or just a crossdresser/trap, since those are 2 very different things.
    Sep 29, 2020
    Moonpearl likes this.
  4. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    The author did her best to announce it in a casual way when she arrived, so I guess it confused some people. Everyone in the story has always treated her firmly as a woman, though.
    Sep 29, 2020
  5. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    *shrugs* Just because you are treated as a female doesn't mean that your gender is female. I don't like to make assumptions without something concrete from the person themselves or, for fictional characters, WOG.
    Sep 29, 2020
  6. Moonpearl
    Moonpearl
    That would be one of the ways that an author would confirm a character's gender in this sort of situation, though. Ignoring it is just ignoring the message that an author is trying to send you...

Well, regardless, precious Leora is a woman and is firmly aboard our yuri train~!
    Sep 29, 2020
  7. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Some thoughts on that:
    There are just so many possibilities and authors/creators do have blind spots. Assuming that they are doing something intentionally and that it means one specific thing is rather problematic in my experience. There are so many ways of interpreting what we have seen so far.
    Sep 29, 2020
  8. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    We have, for example, seen Leora as a boy (presumably before she was able to determine her gender identity), so she could very well be gender fluid and in the very limited interactions we have seen are her presenting as female.
    Sep 29, 2020
  9. Arcturus
    Arcturus
    Or she could have just been a crossdresser in her female persona. Honestly, Leora just has not been present enough in the story and we have not seen enough of her that I would feel comfortable making an assumption about her gender.
    Sep 29, 2020