Comments on Profile Post by Gandire Alea

1. pareido
    pareido
    Thanks for asking! :) I basically study the intersection of media and politics in Asia, primarily focusing on democracies. Basically, what are the attitudes of the population in using social media to voice discontent about government action and how does the government then respond. It's pretty interesting right now! Especially with all the discourse around the pandemic.
    Nov 16, 2020
  2. pareido
    pareido
    Which grades do you teach English?
    Nov 16, 2020
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  3. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I might be wrong, but I feel as though your research, even if the focus is democracies, must be influenced a lot by what china does to surrounding countries...
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.
  4. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I currently work at a middle school, grades 1 and 2. Although, I'm mostly here cause I couldn't figure out what to do with myself ~
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.
  5. pareido
    pareido
    Yeah, definitely! Looking at Chinese action in Hong Kong is one route that gets a lot of traction, but also the methods used to understand China's censorship apparatus can be replicated to study how other countries' government's react to their populations' use social media, for example.
    Nov 16, 2020
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  6. pareido
    pareido
    Oh my gosh, that's such a precious age - my niece is in the first grade this year - but how is teaching in the middle of the pandemic? There's been a lot of issues in the States, so I'm curious as to how other countries are coping.
    Nov 16, 2020
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  7. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I'm a bit in tje country side, so there hasn't been much change here other than that 2 month shut and everyone now having to wear a mask. As far as i am aware, no one has gotten sick
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.
  8. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    The kids themselves are all energetic and overall cheerful. That said, i have no idea what they say to me for the most part~
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.
  9. pareido
    pareido
    Everyone wearing masks? Imagine that. ROFL. Sorry, I'm just salty about the situation here. Awww, that's adorable. To be fair, I like honestly don't know my niece says to me half the time and we're speaking the same language (≧艸≦*)
    Nov 16, 2020
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  10. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Yeah, I once explained that in america, some schools have rules against wearing masks. A lot of people were confused.
    Well, just hate wearing the mask and go without until a teacher tells them to put it back on. I’d tell them to put one on, but they ignore me since I can’t really do anything about it.
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.
  11. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I will one day learn to understand what they are saying!! One day, you will understand your niece too!! (But mostly because her speaking ability will mature)
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.
  12. pareido
    pareido
    Meanwhile, my nephew (aged 10), sounds like a little banker. He actually greeted me with "It's nice to see you again, it's been a long time" when he last saw me. I was shook. Kids grow up so fast these days 。゚(*´□`)゚。
    Nov 16, 2020
    Gandire Alea likes this.
  13. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    It might be a phase though. Come a few years and he could start saying something else with no recollection of ever greeting people like that
    Nov 16, 2020
    pareido likes this.