Comments on Profile Post by Nobody

1. Nobody
    Nobody
    For a novel mostly dedicated for young females there's a lot of kidnapping, rape, white lotus and green tea bitches, etc. Damn
    Dec 23, 2020
    Isaac20 and Effugium like this.
  2. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    They're really malicious
    Dec 23, 2020
    Beren likes this.
  3. Beren
    Beren
    It's so the readers don't feel bad when young women who oppose the FL comes to a bad end. We're meant to think they deserve it.
    Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody likes this.
  4. Nobody
    Nobody
    @Beren ikr. But sometimes, i just think it's stupid. The author makes the villains overly bad(stupid *ehem*) just to make the heroine shine bright like a diamond. The author's inability to make dynamic characters just plummets the novel's potential.
    Dec 23, 2020
    Beren likes this.
  5. Nobody
    Nobody
    The author is assuming the readers are stupid, I can't...
    Dec 23, 2020
  6. Nobody
    Nobody
    If this was a conversation I would be having a 15 min rant only with this specific topic.
    Dec 23, 2020
  7. Beren
    Beren
    Well, it is infuriating. For me, when an author tries to write a "genius" protagonist but they don't have the intellect themselves to come up with an amazing plotline so they just settle for dumbing down all the other characters ... >_>
    Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody likes this.
  8. Archaic pickle
    Archaic pickle
    A whole lot of nothing isn't better than a little something

Which is kinda why I don't read 1000+ chapter stuff anymore on CN web novels
    Dec 23, 2020
  9. pass1478
    pass1478
    @Beren That's a common writing strategy found in most novels, good or bad. There may be differing extents as to how much they dumb their characters down, but it doesn't change the fact that they lower their intelligence for plot convenience. Can't be helped, real people are difficult to write afterall.
    Dec 23, 2020
    Beren and Archaic pickle like this.
  10. Nobody
    Nobody
    @Archaic pickle xianxia novels are just repetative but atleast they're bearable and exciting sometimes, but novels that doesn't have an action or fantasy genre with 1000+ chapters... I cannot comprehend what kind of story the author was writing that needed freakin' thousand chapters for the story to be resolved.
    Dec 23, 2020
    Archaic pickle likes this.
  11. Beren
    Beren
    Face slapping minor bad guys for 1000 chapters?
    Dec 23, 2020
    Nobody likes this.
  12. Nobody
    Nobody
    @pass1478 but if the story was really good and the author can make justification for their actions, albeit not perfect, I think it's a good enough shortcoming in order to push the plot, but nonsense dumbing down is just incompetence.
    Dec 23, 2020
  13. Nobody
    Nobody
    @Beren yes, mate. 30% bad mouthing the mc, 30% face slapping, 30% plot and 10% other stuff.
    Dec 23, 2020
    Beren likes this.
  14. pass1478
    pass1478
    Personally, I don't really care how much they dumb down their characters, as long as it's entertaining. Take KonoSuba for example, every character there has the collective IQ of a shrimp, but I still love them and the story to bits. Even non-stop face slapping can sometimes be entertaining to me, I used to love Emperor's Domination when it first came out, now? not so much, but I used to.
    Dec 23, 2020
  15. pass1478
    pass1478
    In the end, what matters most to me is how entertaining or interesting it'll be.
    Dec 23, 2020
  16. Nobody
    Nobody
    I love the entertainment too, that's why was sleep deprived when I was reading a whole ton of xianxia novels, but sometimes, the dumbing down is just too much it's infuriating and takes entertainment out of it for me.
    Dec 23, 2020
  17. FIEND
    FIEND
    Thats why i love em
    Better than japaneses pussy shit
    And korean rince repeat gamer boi irl dungeon shit
    Dec 23, 2020