@Beren yeah, yeah, we know you know some french
    Dec 27, 2020
  6. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    How romantic
    Dec 27, 2020
  7. Beren
    Beren
    "Clair de Lune" - a poem by Paul Verlaine in 1869 was the inspiration for the third movement (Clair de Lune) of Claude Debussy's 1890 Suite bergamasque.
    Dec 27, 2020
  8. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    Did you just search that?
    Dec 27, 2020
  9. Beren
    Beren
    Just had to look up the dates. I studied classical piano when I was in school.
    Dec 27, 2020
  10. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    Uhuh, hmmm, I finished music school of first degree
    Dec 27, 2020
    Beren likes this.
  11. Beren
    Beren
    @ViburnumDraco My piano teacher used to always give me very emotional pieces because I played like a robot.

But I honestly don't know a lot about music. I only know this about Clair de Lune because I read the poem before.
    Dec 27, 2020
  12. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    My main instrument was guitar, but it's been years since I played.

If I could I'd go on a concert or ballet, but with covid...
    Dec 27, 2020
  13. Beren
    Beren
    Ah, covid ruining all our plans.
    Dec 27, 2020
  14. ViburnumDraco
    Dec 27, 2020
  15. LAOG
    LAOG
    I used to play piano. Was mostly self-taught as well. The music instructor at the rec center used to get mad at me because I didn't practice nor tried to learn the sheet music but I could still play most stuff back then
    Dec 27, 2020
    Lokum likes this.
  16. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    @LAOG not you first, not last
    Dec 27, 2020
  17. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    I had the best teacher for guitar, never got mad, patient, he was like a second father to me
    Dec 27, 2020
  18. LAOG
    LAOG
    Ah, that lady got mad for all the right reasons. One of the very few adults in my childhood who was nice to me.
    Dec 27, 2020
  19. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    Why? Where you bad boy? Or just bad adults?
    Dec 27, 2020
  20. LAOG
    LAOG
    Bad neighborhood. I could have tried being a better kid but stuff happens. She even paid for all my lessons and I would only go twice a month
    Dec 27, 2020
  21. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    Well, you were only a kid.
    Dec 27, 2020
  22. Beren
    Beren
    I had a strict Russian piano teacher who used to hit my knuckles with a ruler whenever I messed up. Apparently, my technique was on point ... I just had no emotional connection with music.
    Dec 27, 2020
    Lokum likes this.
  23. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    You didn't tell your parents?
    Dec 27, 2020
  24. Beren
    Beren
    They didn't care as long as I kept coming first in everything.
    In fact, if you got below an A in my family, you'd get to kneel outside overnight at our annual family holiday.
    Dec 27, 2020
    FIEND and Lokum like this.
  25. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    My frist piano teacher was awful, my mother was picking me up after lesson and had see me crying, she got mad, and got principal to change the teacher
    Dec 27, 2020
  26. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    What the f???
    Dec 27, 2020
  27. Beren
    Beren
    It's kneel or take the belt. I preferred kneeling to being beaten.
    Dec 27, 2020
  28. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    I had good grades, but it happend that I had worse sometimes, I never had any punishment. I was raised mostly by my mother, she let me do what I wanted, which wasn't best strategy. But if my father got something in his had she couldn't say no to him.
    Dec 27, 2020
    FIEND likes this.
  29. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    But we were never beaten.
    Dec 27, 2020
  30. LAOG
    LAOG
    The only time my knuckles were swollen was because on the way to piano lessons I would have to fight the kids who hanged outside. Good times. Then I'd get whooped at home for fighting
    Dec 27, 2020
  31. Beren
    Beren
    @LAOG How'd they find out you were fighting?
    @ViburnumDraco Idk, you'd get beaten if you don't study hard. Unfortunately, my older brothers set the standard too high so the rest of us had to match up.
    Dec 27, 2020
  32. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    @Beren I have to say, your parents kind of suck.
    @LAOG when my father left my mother, was around the same time I started elementary school, I fought with boys all the time.
    Dec 27, 2020
    FIEND likes this.
  33. Beren
    Beren
    @ViburnumDraco There's no such as free lunch. Sure, they were subpar parents but I did have the very best of everything and that I'm financially comfortable in life.
    Dec 27, 2020
  34. LAOG
    LAOG
    @Beren swollen knuckles, roughed up clothes. The streets were unforgiving and my ability to piss people off with what I say would get me into more fights than one
    @ViburnumDraco I was lucky enough that my father chose to stay with my mother as he had two other families he could have chosen
    Dec 27, 2020
  35. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    Dec 27, 2020
  36. Beren
    Beren
    @LAOG I see. There was too much evidence to hide. Still, nothing wrong with defending yourself.
    Dec 27, 2020
  37. Beren
    Beren
    @ViburnumDraco I've come to terms with it. You have to make sacrifices for what you want.
    Dec 27, 2020
  38. LAOG
    LAOG
    See, they know that, but it doesn't make it right either. I could always be the bigger person in those situations but as a younging I was just wildin
    Dec 27, 2020
  39. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    @LAOG my mother would be happy if my father had stayed, but he wasn't good parent. He was a police officer, and treated us like subordinates. When there where tough situations he choose his own comfort over helping his kids.
    Dec 27, 2020
  40. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    @Beren I'm not good with sacrifices
    Dec 27, 2020
  41. Beren
    Beren
    @LAOG You did what you could to survive. I mean, sure avoiding fights would've made you the bigger person but who knows? Maybe they'd think you were a pushover and make things more difficult for you? Kids are assholes.
    Dec 27, 2020
  42. LAOG
    LAOG
    Maybe it's because I am older now that I reflect more on my actions, but I'd say at least 70% of the fights I was in were caused because I said something that pissed people off. lol
    Unfortunately if I did fight I had to win because if I lost then both my parents would beat me for losing
    Dec 27, 2020
  43. LAOG
    LAOG
    @ViburnumDraco I mean I am glad my father stayed with us but it did leave a conflicting feeling for years that my two older sisters didn't get over until they were older. I don't really know how I ever felt about it other than that he was here and that's all there was to it
    Dec 27, 2020
  44. Beren
    Beren
    @LAOG How would they know you lost? I mean, did they ever see the other guy?
    Dec 27, 2020
  45. LAOG
    LAOG
    The more you fight, the higher the chance that you've lost a fight. People who pretend they've never lost a fight have never been in many fights. Streets are ruthless. Some weren't 1v1, etc... Can't win them all
    Most of my cousins were also gang members so by association opposition gang members would jump me
    Dec 27, 2020
  46. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    @Beren that's bad logic, maybe you'll grow out of it.
    Dec 27, 2020
  47. Beren
    Beren
    @LAOG that's crazy :/ Your parents should've beaten up your cousins instead.
    Dec 27, 2020
  48. FIEND
    FIEND
    look at u losers playing instruments. ill have u all know i can play hot cross buns on the recorder with mad skillz. even bethoven would cry
    Dec 28, 2020
  49. FIEND
    FIEND
    @LAOG nothing is as bad as when ur coach puts u to fight against a sum1 2x ur weight class. i was k.o first punch for 5 min . bigsad
    Dec 28, 2020
  50. ViburnumDraco
    ViburnumDraco
    I cried when I read what you wrote
    Dec 28, 2020
  51. FIEND
    FIEND
    Dec 28, 2020
    ViburnumDraco likes this.