Comments on Profile Post by lazyasianscientist

1. View previous comments
  2. lazyasianscientist
    lazyasianscientist
    You know actually , now that i think about it @Gandire Alea has a point (ノ*0*)ノ this can be good writing material
    Jan 30, 2021
    Silver Snake likes this.
  3. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Is it? How so?
    Jan 30, 2021
    lazyasianscientist likes this.
  4. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    You take the character as the mc, the things done and people encountered are event, areas where the mc failed can also be used for laughes, major quests can be done as arcs, etc. What really helps is that it’s open world.
    Jan 30, 2021
  5. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Also, if multiplayer is utilized, there you have the support characters and authentic dialogue
    Jan 30, 2021
  6. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Wait, are you proposing fan fiction? Or the concept of an open world breath of the wild-esque game, with climbing, gliding, cooking, gear, and defeating a BBEG being at the forefront?
    Jan 30, 2021
  7. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Kinda, although, if you are creative enough, you could just use what happens as an outline and change everything else. If that were to be done, then it would become an original story due to the nonlinear game style of GI.
    Another option would be to record the game play and then voice over lines.
    Jan 30, 2021
  8. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    That's an absolutely lovely idea, Alea. So it would be like a machinima.

So many people are so negative. But you're so positive. You got hutzpah.

I tried fanfiction once, and it did not go well.
    Jan 30, 2021
  9. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    My idea of cool is very basic, basically knights, chivalry, and magic, like, I just want to write a story with that in it. I wish I could be big enough of a fan of something to write fiction for it.
    Jan 30, 2021
  10. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    I think the most important and perhaps difficult part of writing is figuring out what kind of story you want to tell/the kind of story you wish to see the most in the world.
    Jan 30, 2021
  11. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    It's kind of like figuring out who you are - figuring out what you're interested in. And most people's lives are too busy or frantic or muddled to be focusing on the self like that.
    Jan 30, 2021
  12. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    And even if you did want to, how would you go about it. Idk, I believe everyone's got a voice, they just don't know how to use it.
    Jan 30, 2021
  13. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    When it comes to ideas, that can maybe get you about 10 pages. Note that those 10 pages are not in a row, but paragraphs scattered through out the novel.
    For me, when it comes to writing, I want it to be authentic. I want it to feel like actual people are the ones going through everything.
    Jan 30, 2021
  14. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    You said something about figuring out who you are, but I don’t think it needs to be that deep. The things you find interesting, or dislike with a great passion are already steps towards that along with things that get you excited or simply bore you. Then, as you continue to explore those, you’ll learn more about the topic and about your interest and potentially yourself as well.
    Jan 30, 2021
  15. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Honestly, the hardest part I have when it comes to writing is the conflict. I can come up with a character that I am interested in exploring, but I have no idea what said character is trying to do or who is even opposing him or her.
    Jan 30, 2021
  16. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    That's weird to me, the whole 10 pages scattered throughout the novel thing. For me, literally all I've got is the beginning, but then after that, I just have the end of the arc. And once I finish that arc, I start thinking about the next arc. I think about it much more small term, brick by brick, rather than as a whole.
    Jan 30, 2021
  17. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    A lot of learning who you are is about not lying to yourself, like telling yourself how badly you want to be interested in this thing rather than what you're actually interested in.

I really wanted to make gamelit work, but it just doesn't.
    Jan 30, 2021
  18. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    For me, the conflict is like comedy, it arises from the situation rather than something that is planned out. The conflict is always going to happen, it will naturally arise whenever anyone wants anything they do not already have. That's just the way the world works.
    Jan 30, 2021
  19. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    The conflict is like the ending to me, it's where the story's always going to go. For example, what would a hermit dragon's first problem be after transforming into the weaker form of a human? Survival.
    Jan 30, 2021
  20. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    For me, writing is like tracing a line. I honestly don't think I'm creating anything or doing anything special. My characters already have a set fate, I'm just materializing it. Like, I see things as they should be, the only way they can be.
    Jan 30, 2021
  21. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Another example of situational conflict - when a person has to lie about something and the lie is eventually found out. That one scenario can play out in an innumerable amount of ways, from heart wrenching to forgiving.
    Jan 30, 2021
  22. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I would view that as the resolution of the conflict. For me, the conflict is that which troubles the MC the entire story. It could go from trying to survive a death and revival loop in order to ask someone out, trying to find a way home after being stranded somewhere, or simply trying to protect a dear friend.
    Jan 30, 2021
  23. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    In some cases, one conflict can give rise to other conflicts. Regardless of what it is, for me, I need it to be interesting enough to explore so that it brings out my MC’s various qualities and sides. I’d end up with a pretty flat character other wise. A flat character can be a good thing, but in cases like those, the world around said character is what changes instead.
    Jan 30, 2021
  24. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Honey, sweetheart, oh my god.
    Jan 30, 2021
  25. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Well, what I just said kinda bleeds into what is the goal of the MC. But goal and conflict go hand in hand, somewhat
    Jan 30, 2021
  26. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    You're thinking too big.
    Jan 30, 2021
  27. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I put a lot of thought into this, over the past 7 minutes while I was typing the response
    Jan 30, 2021
  28. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    It doesn't have to be like that. You're thinking of an epic, basically. But you're going about it far too early. Like, you can't just make things up all willy nilly like that. It has to serve a purpose beyond itself. You don't have to try to make something interesting.
    Jan 30, 2021
  29. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    You say that, but if it isn’t interesting, I won’t have the motivation to write it~
    Jan 30, 2021
  30. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    That's very fair, gimme a second to think about what I mean.
    Jan 30, 2021
  31. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    To me, it sounds like you mean a momentary interaction/conflict. I’m thinking underlying force that keeps someone up at night in real life
    Jan 30, 2021
  32. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    The driving force of the narrative.
    Jan 30, 2021
  33. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    You want to write drama basically.
    Jan 30, 2021
  34. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    So you don't have that yet?
    Jan 30, 2021
  35. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I wouldn’t so much say I want to write drama, but I may be using the wrong definition of drama here. I just want my characters to be human~
    Jan 30, 2021
  36. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Well, it’s not like I ever finished anything... Well, nothing that is a long story story anyway.
    Jan 30, 2021
  37. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    What do they want? What's their motivation? Character is informed by plot and plot is informed by the world.
    Jan 30, 2021
  38. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    *gets up in your face* I believe in you, Alea
    Jan 30, 2021
  39. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I like a mix of character being informed by plot, but character also directing the plot. When the character is on scene, their personalities and emotions will dictate how it plays out. I just need the right person to be there to get the desired result, or the right action before hand to make the character act for that result.
    Said from behind @Shem Shield
    Jan 30, 2021
  40. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    What's the driving force behind Digital Waltz? Getting back home, right?
    Jan 30, 2021
  41. Hasty girl
    Hasty girl
    Jan 30, 2021
  42. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Hey Hasty
    Jan 30, 2021
  43. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    The driving force for the MC in DW is being free. It isn’t the well expressed, but Avery loves that he doesn’t have to worry about anything at the moment other than not getting killed by a wild digimon. That will later grows and change as the more things happen to the characters.
    I was thinking the same thing. LAS is going to wake up to a lot of alerts~
    Jan 30, 2021
  44. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Alea, can I please voice call you?
    Jan 30, 2021
  45. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Sorry, but I’m fine with discord chats~
    That said, it’s 2:30 am, so I should really get to sleep
    Good night~
    Jan 30, 2021
  46. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Uggggh, it takes way too long to talk in text
    Jan 30, 2021
  47. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Like it took me an hour to get what your point was
    Jan 30, 2021
  48. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    No, in this case, there is a delay in due to having to wait for a response. Direct chats are much fast due to being able to respond then and there
    Jan 30, 2021
  49. Silver Snake
    Silver Snake
    Woman, you're crazy, but if it'll make you happy
    Jan 30, 2021
  50. lazyasianscientist
    lazyasianscientist
    I just woke up and i saw like 35+ alerts , I was wondering what happened but it was this post. Im gonna click like to all of it for your alerts too lol, so yes @Hasty girl im seeing this (ノ*0*)ノ
    Jan 31, 2021
  51. lazyasianscientist
    lazyasianscientist
    Also hope you two settled this debate in one form or another.
    But i do see both point of views from @Gandire Alea and @Silver Snake . Silver's idea is in the route of being straight to the point while alea's has more focus on character development so it goes sideways and over but it give a more dramatic effect
    Jan 31, 2021
    Silver Snake and Gandire Alea like this.