PeachFlowerHouse likes this.
  3. Lissi
    Lissi
    Hi, welcome~
    Apr 19, 2021
  4. Westeller
    Westeller
    I don't suppose to have a link to the original version of the chinese novel you've translated? I've had little luck identifying it.

We were able to source raws for the upcoming release - In the Dark (在黑暗中) by 金陵十四钗... It helps that the title and author's name were included in Chinese. But we weren't able to identify a source for Vulpecula’s Love Letter.
    Apr 19, 2021
    PeachFlowerHouse and UnGrave like this.
  5. Lissi
    Lissi
    And do you mean you're doing licensing for CN novels? ヾ(❀╹◡╹)ノ~
    Apr 19, 2021
    LiLi041 and PeachFlowerHouse like this.
  6. PeachFlowerHouse
    PeachFlowerHouse
    Been quite a long time since last using a forum. Vulpecula is an original title pitched to us by the author, currently working on adding the title to NU site.
    Apr 19, 2021
  7. PeachFlowerHouse
    PeachFlowerHouse
    Thank you for warm welcomes and your patience while we get the hang of using this platform!
    Apr 19, 2021
    amilhs likes this.
  8. Westeller
    Westeller
    Novel Updates was originally made to keep track of disparate fan translations. As official publishers became interested in these novels and some fan translators established themselves more officially, many of the translations tracked by the site became legitimate. Translation became a business for many people, rather than a hobby.
    Apr 19, 2021
  9. Westeller
    Westeller
    But Novel Updates retains some of its roots - it only links to translations that are *free*. We can't link to, say, an Amazon page selling an ebook. For publishers selling translations, like J-Novel, Webnovel, WuxiaWorld, etc, we typically link to free chapters they post as teasers to encourage readers to buy their work.
    Apr 19, 2021
  10. Westeller
    Westeller
    I noticed Vulpecula has a chapter 1 posting on your site - we could link to that, but that'd be the only release listed. ... It'd still work as advertisement for you, I suppose.
    Apr 19, 2021
  11. Westeller
    Westeller
    That said, Novel Updates links to *translations*, not originals. We'd be happy to link to a similar teaser from your future release of In the Dark, if and when you post one, but we can't link to Vulpecula if it's not a translation. That means we need to see that it was published in an Asian language to begin with.
    Apr 19, 2021
  12. PeachFlowerHouse
    PeachFlowerHouse
    Oh definitely! The novel is originally in Chinese. Only intended to have our name be seen mostly and in a convenient place for readers since this site is used most often.
    Apr 19, 2021
  13. Westeller
    Westeller
    Right, well, as I said earlier, I don't suppose you have a link? Or something?
    Apr 19, 2021
  14. PeachFlowerHouse
    PeachFlowerHouse
    I think this account is too new to be able to link here yet, but the title is 他们在星河别离
    Apr 19, 2021
    Westeller likes this.
  15. Westeller
  16. PeachFlowerHouse
    PeachFlowerHouse
    Thank you so much for your help!
    Apr 19, 2021