Comments on Profile Post by SquadCammander354

1. View previous comments
  2. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    You have to pay attention to staying hydrated all the time. Avoid high sugar drinks in favour of water or milk. Milk is a good alternative because of the protein and fat! Smoothies using whole fruit are better than fruit juice because you get the fibers from the pulp!
    May 7, 2021
  3. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    If squats are hard for you, planks are also good for core muscles, arms and legs and you can do a lot of variations!
    May 7, 2021
  4. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    At first, you shouldn't drastically try to reduce your food intake because your body will try to figure out how to balance that change. Just keep increasing your activity rate to strengthen yourself.
    May 7, 2021
  5. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    If your goal is to get really buff, after you get used to move around more, you can focus on rebalancing your food intake by focusing on eating more protein, trying to make it around 30%. You'll need to research a bit and keep track of what you're eating daily for awhile so it's accurate and suited for your tastes!
    May 7, 2021
  6. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    One easy way to increase protein and fiber intake is changing most stuff to whole grain (like flour, bread, tortillas, etc) or adding nuts/seeds to stuff. I currently top my salads with a tsp of sunflower seeds, pepitas and hemp hearts each. I like it because they also add a bit of crunchiness.
    May 7, 2021
  7. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Of course, take all this advice with a grain of salt as I'm not a personal trainer or registered dietician/nutritionist~ It's mostly based on what I've experimented/learned over the years. I also only recently actually written down some notes about it so I don't forget it xD
    May 7, 2021
  8. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    ALSO very important: SLEEP WELL! Staying up all night is bad for you~ You need to rest so your muscles can recover!
    May 7, 2021
  9. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Thank you, thankfully because my family is hispanic we have way more Tortillas than normal! XD

By the way, so I just have to make sure my burgers are relatively simple? Alright, a bit sad but doable.

I plan to eat eggs often now as well, as well as lettuce.

For me I decided to exercise only in the mornings or afternoons.
    May 7, 2021
    iampsyx and Anra7777 like this.
  10. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    For now though I'm gonna just do it in the mornings until my body gets used to it.
    May 7, 2021
  11. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Damn, I sleep for 6 hours! I should really teach my body to go back to sleeping for 8 hours while I still can during summer break.
    May 7, 2021
  12. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Hmm for burgers, actually, as long as you're eating it along with a salad or adding some veggies on the side I think they're pretty good! It has fat, carbs and protein. It's just lacking in fiber!
    May 7, 2021
  13. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    A lot of aspects of overeating or having a large calorie surplus aren't related to the food itself. It's more about what characteristics of certain foods are appealing to your satisfaction. So it's kinda counterintuitive to begin to eat things you don't like for the sake of weight reduction as you'll be prone to go back to your usual diet later.
    May 7, 2021
  14. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Really? My sister's been telling me we should eat the celery, which I'm like, "It's...okay, I guess."

My sister then told me to eat it with Peanut Butter and although it was really good I wasn't sure how healthy it was! :d
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  15. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Instead, figuring out how you can complement the things you like to eat with the nutrients you might be lacking should be more effective for your goals.
    May 7, 2021
  16. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Yeah, it also sucks being American. I swear when I realized people in other countries were visibly feeling distressed after being in America for a while - just because they got tired of eating - blew my mind.
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  17. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    What should I do with hotdogs?
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  18. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Peanut butter is good for filling up because it has fat+protein combo. When you add celery or fruit like apple/banana, it's fiber+carbs so you have a very fulfilling snack there!
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 and SquadCammander354 like this.
  19. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    What should I try with eggs?

Inhear that these days you shouldn't really avoid the egg yolk because you'd be missing out on nutrients.
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  20. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Hmm for hotdogs, I would go for a sauerkrat side or coleslaw. Again, adding some fiber and vitamins. I usually have my eggs soft-boiled with soy sauce on top of brown rice, but omelets and egg sandwiches are good too. Yeah, I think eating the whole egg is better too! The white is basically only protein. If you want to only have that, you can buy protein powder o3o)
    May 7, 2021
  21. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    My mom is worried because she has heart problems, but I'm like, "Listen, I'ma eat this yellow part, and you can't do anything about it!"

What do I even use protein powder on? Drinks, if so what kind?
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  22. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Hmm, research has mostly asserted that cholesterol is formed inside the body so having a balanced diet is more important than avoiding fat. Especially because they are important nutrients that are liposoluble so you need the right fat in your body for it to work properly!
    May 7, 2021
  23. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    On another note, I gotta work on my arms, thighs, and gluts.

It's like, I have a grandma ass somehow and it doesn't really fill me with confidence. ( ._.)o What should I do?
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  24. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    I use it mostly in pancakes and waffles >w>);; hehehe! You can also add it in smoothies. One scoop doesn't affect much in the texture of baked goods and actually adds a good amount of extra protein but it depends on what kind you like. Some peeps can't handle the texture/taste but I use unsweetened vanilla flavor whey isolate or soy protein.
    May 7, 2021
  25. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Speaking of unsweetened, because of health issues my mom can't eat or drink sugary stuff as often.

And her co-workers know this, so when they send her donuts are sweet/savery bread and donuts, they're bitter as hell.

Imagine to my horror when I realized you could make jelly unsweet! ("OAO)
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  26. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Ooooh for glutes, I think having some elastic bands really helped me!!! It made a lot of difference when doing leg raises and lateral walks. Doing weighted squats also helps!
    May 7, 2021
  27. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Actually, traditional weightlifting is pretty good, a deadlift will work out all those parts you're concern with but you need to be sure careful with your form so you won't hurt your back! Do you have a full-length mirror at your house or someone who can help you?
    May 7, 2021
  28. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Hmm is it unsweetened as no sugar but with sugar substitute? Because I dislike the taste of stevia, so I try to stay away from it as much as I can. But there are some other sugar substitutes that seem ok, I just don't really mind it that much so I kept on using regular cane sugar, honey and maple syrup. I only control the amount of what I usually have.
    May 7, 2021
  29. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Yes, but its in my sister's room and she lets her dogs sleep in there with her; don't like it.
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  30. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    I don't know, she just brought bread and I always like the red ones with coconut shavings and jelly; this time it was bitter all around.

I actually have an issue since childhood, and its that the area around my left nipple is fleshier than the other. Now, as a guy, I think you can see where having boobs on one side could be a problem.

I'll likely have to go through surgery for that sort of thing. q.q)
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  31. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Hmmm I heard it depends on the person but some sugar substitutes activate the bitter receptors too so depending on the kind, it's just not suited for you. I did see a lot of recommendations for monk fruit sweetener but I've never tried it...
    May 7, 2021
  32. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Eeeh surgery scares me a bit... Is it affecting your overall posture? If it makes you uncomfortable then maybe it's better to adjust it but everyone is a bit asymmetrical so there's that too.
    May 7, 2021
  33. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Yeah, but the other one side is totally normal and flat, this one on the hand sticks on when wearing normal shirts. Because its just one side I think the costs will be less, although I'm not sure if I can actually get it done and cover the expenses.

Which is why I'm gonna see if working out my pecks can fix it! o.o)!
    May 7, 2021
    Anra7777 likes this.
  34. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    Hmm I guess it depends on what kind of tissue it is. If it's a muscle, then you'll probably have to put more weight on one side than the other to balance it while exercising. If it's more fat, then just losing weight might show some results.
    May 7, 2021
    SquadCammander354 and Anra7777 like this.
  35. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    It appeared when I was already really skinny as a kid, so it probably is just fat, but I should work out that part one of these days.
    May 7, 2021
    Snowbun and Anra7777 like this.
  36. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Go jog.... like a lot....
    Actually, you might want to start with swimming...
    At your current size, you might break a leg tying to run
    May 8, 2021
    SquadCammander354 likes this.
  37. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    |wo) I heard swimming is great but this bun can barely float...

...One of these days I should sign up for lessons...
    May 8, 2021
  38. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    I don't think squad will have trouble floating...

that said, I am also bad at floating~
    May 8, 2021
  39. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Hey it all went to my thighs and hips, not my calves!

Also, I think I can float at least!
    May 8, 2021
  40. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    That’s the problem, your tiny calves and ankles are supporting a lot of weight. Put something really heavy on a tooth pick and watch it snap from the pressure.

If you are +250lbs, then you will absolutely float. It isn’t an issue of can or can’t, you’re body’s present buoyancy will ensure you remain floating.
    May 8, 2021
  41. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    1 extra pound on your frame can roughly equal about 5 extra pounds of force on your knees, ankles, and feet. Losing 20 pounds can mean sparing your feet from an extra 100 pounds of force with every stride.
    May 8, 2021
  42. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    Thank you, I figured it was lile that because the first time I ran after the pandemic started (whoch was last week), my lower legs felt like heavy logs.

It doesn't help that I also have flat feet, which makes even walking and running a pain.

Still, thank you.
    May 8, 2021
  43. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    For now I'll only eat when I'm hungry.
    May 8, 2021
  44. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Your legs feel like logs cause you’re out of shape. That you are over weight only makes it worse.
    Seriously, swimming and lifting will probably be you best options right now. Once you’re lighter, take to running.
    May 8, 2021
  45. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Also, it isn’t just an issue of eating when you are hungry, but also an issue of what you eat. I’m not going to say eat fruits nd vegetables as snacks, but if you are hungry, eat a proper meal instead of a snack. (This is speculation, I have no idea if you already do that or not)
    May 8, 2021
  46. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    I don't like chips, but I do like eating oranges, bananas, and making burgers or anything with eggs.

Sometimes I make a Quesadilla, imagine Grilled Cheese with tortillas.

I guess though I should stop eatinf as much cheese. I donct think I have many options to lift weight, and I'm not sure if the pools are open.
    May 8, 2021
  47. Snowbun
    Snowbun
    I saved up some milk bottles from the recycling bin and we do weighted exercises with those instead of going to the school gym (I don't quite trust the sanitation situation there yet). For planks and push-ups, my husband loads a backpack with the bottles.
    May 9, 2021
  48. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    If you have a chair with four legs, you can grab two of the legs and lift it.
    May 9, 2021
  49. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    What the fu- actually yeah I also don't wanna bother with buying weights. By the way, our chairs are like 4 or 5ft tall, so I don't think I'll have enough ceiling room. :D

That milk think seems like a great idea, but man I hope no one in our house looks in the backyard when I do it!
    May 9, 2021
  50. Gandire Alea
    Gandire Alea
    Lift it while sitting down or go to the yard
    May 9, 2021
  51. SquadCammander354
    SquadCammander354
    I'll try it in the yard, or sitting down.

I also wanna try improving my grip strength with one of those "things" that I forgot. XD
    May 9, 2021