Money:
$49,521
Reading List:
Link
Birthday:
December 31

otaku31

Well-Known Member, Male, from India

What this commodity culture has given birth to is the abomination called consumer identity, with people being no more than what they consume Sep 14, 2023

1. Deleted member 283793
      Deleted member 283793
      Hi. I stopped by to praise your beautiful writing style. Reading it makes one wonder if this was really an online forum for a bunch of geeks and dorks, or if by chance this was actually a graceful tea party consisting of individuals discussing the act of admiring literature.
      1. otaku31 likes this.
      2. otaku31
        otaku31
        Thank you. It's a relief to know I don't sound as awkward and stilted as I had imagined. I'm still working towards acquiring the artless grace men of letters seem to possess.
        Jun 14, 2021
        Deleted member 283793 likes this.
      3. Deleted member 283793
        Deleted member 283793
        You needn't worry, for you sound as elegant as they come. I wish you well on your goal.
        Jun 14, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      4. Zissel
        Zissel
        Jun 16, 2021
    2. Despapa69
      Despapa69
      Ah wait, you're from India? You like to eat biryani with chutney or no, and if you do do you like it to be green or read?
      1. otaku31 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Despapa69
        Despapa69
        I don't usually take raita. I like mine with green chutney or whatever it's called. I wasn't born in India but my grandparents are from Pakistan so I really do like the food.
        Jun 13, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      4. otaku31
        otaku31
        I consider raita essential to biryani as it helps cuts down the richness of the biryani, but if I had to choose between chutneys, then green chutney (coriander-mint) is the way to go.
        Jun 13, 2021
        Despapa69 likes this.
      5. Despapa69
        Despapa69
        Hail the coriander.
        Jun 13, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    3. otaku31
      otaku31
      Hate online classes. Wanna skip bad.
      1. Ddraig and Blitz like this.
      3. Ddraig
        Ddraig
        I am on the student side of this, and I dont know about others but I am paying attention - in most classes. I dont wanna turn on my camera or answer though >.> (although I will if it gets bit too long with no answers). Also I may or may not have a simple game open on the side. I do enjoy not having to travel though >.<
        Jun 10, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      4. otaku31
        otaku31
        @Ddraig Nah, I don't expect or demand students' cameras to be on. And just simple binary responses like yes/no (when I ask if they have understood) would suffice. I just need some affirmation that the students are listening in.
        Jun 10, 2021
      5. Negiomi
        Negiomi
        Honestly for me its sometimes easier to get a response with less students, if you somehow get one or two to open up. There's like a bigger feeling of peer pressure or something with more students and the silence is a lot more overwhelming.
        Jun 10, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    4. otaku31
      otaku31
      When Mangadex decided they had to have a new & improved version, they shouldn't have looked to Windows for inspiration. ಠ益ಠ
      1. Ddraig likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        Good for mobile, but feels like it's on reduced functionality mode for PC users.
        Jun 7, 2021
      4. Haerether
        Haerether
        At this rate, it seems like MD won't be completed for another 2 months...
        Jun 7, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      5. Ddraig
        Ddraig
        MD will be done when one piece ends
        Jun 7, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    5. otaku31
      otaku31
      When you cannot really make shitpost threads because your very being rebels at thought of your thread not being value for money. (◞‸◟;)
      1. Snowbun and Ahodesuga like this.
      2. GonZ555
        GonZ555
        @Tony when will you make nuffies as crypto currency?
        Jun 6, 2021
        Ddraig and otaku31 like this.
    6. HazyPrecise
      HazyPrecise
      yo ota ota, got any new recs?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. HazyPrecise
        HazyPrecise
        Ah, I haven't read it yet, letting the chapters stack up.
        Jun 6, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        @HazyPrecise The Scandalous Proposal & Acquainted: Encounter Spin-Off are also great. But not much second hand embarrassment to be had from them.
        Jun 6, 2021
        HazyPrecise likes this.
      4. HazyPrecise
        HazyPrecise
        I'll read it, thanks!
        Jun 6, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    7. otaku31
      otaku31
      Feel like I've reported a dozen threads today. I pity the mods. (´_`;)
      1. Snowbun likes this.
      2. Deleted member 304540
        Deleted member 304540
        There have been lots of new threads lately.
        Jun 4, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        Yeah, but mostly from inactive or new users, hence the mistakes. Veteran users are familiar with the rules and workings and seldom break them.
        Jun 4, 2021
        Deleted member 304540 likes this.
      4. Deleted member 304540
        Deleted member 304540
        I wondered why all the sudden. It's nice that the forum is active but too bad for mods...
        Jun 4, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    8. FIEND
      FIEND
      I don't get why people hate on chinese novels and protags when japanese novels are just as bad with far worse mcs

Sorry for the shit grammar im typing from my nokia 2000
      1. otaku31 likes this.
    9. otaku31
      otaku31
      There are poorly written Chinese novels, and then there are Chinese novels that imitate poorly written Japanese novels... take your pick!
      1. Lissi
        Lissi
        Is the imitation at least on point? XD
        Jun 2, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      2. otaku31
        otaku31
        The cringe is no less, so one can safely assert that even if they are not exact, they have at least preserved the spirit of the JPNs.
        Jun 2, 2021
      3. akki
        akki
        I wouldn’t mind a Chinese spin on a Japanese novel. If they can take the super polite Japanese guy and turn him into more of a violent guy, I’d wanna read that~
        Jun 2, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    10. otaku31
      otaku31
      Enjoying Orc Eroica RN. Don't let the fact that it is written by the Mushoku Tensei author keep you away from this masterpiece.
      1. otaku31
        otaku31
        It amazes me how the one who wrote that sick, creepy trash known as Mushoku Tensei could choose another seemingly depraved premise and yet come across as anything but vulgar.
        May 27, 2021
      2. Halcyon Observer
        Halcyon Observer
        The orc in the illustrations just looks like an orc version of Guts. Lol.
        May 27, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    11. otaku31
      otaku31
      Just realized how toxic many sub-reddits are. Tony deserves a Nobel for banning religion and politics.
      1. otaku31
        otaku31
        Common decency is forgotten in the craze for making a statement.
        May 23, 2021
    12. otaku31
      otaku31
      Back to regularly reading at Wuxiaworld after 3 years as they finally pick something l feel like reading. Hv high expectations of "Etranger"
      1. SylviaViolet likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        Had seen "Genius Detective" before, but hadn't felt like reading it then. Revisited its NU page now but, nope, still don't feel like giving it a try. ( ̄ω ̄;)
        May 21, 2021
        SylviaViolet likes this.
      4. SylviaViolet
        SylviaViolet
        It's fine, I like detective novels a lot so for me it's a really good one. doesn't mean you need to like it.
        May 21, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      5. otaku31
        otaku31
        Q.E.D. (manga) might be the only detective/mystery series I am reading RN. I also loved the Sherlock Holmes books, but yeah, overall, I cannot be considered a fan of the genre.
        May 21, 2021
        SylviaViolet likes this.
    13. otaku31
      otaku31
      Deadly vs Romance (manhwa): Where genres clash and readers get to enjoy the resultant fireworks. 10/10, will hv you splitting your sides.
    14. otaku31
      otaku31
      Kabedon: When a guy 'hits on' the wall while making eyes at you. That's why you can't trust guys who kabedon.
      2. SylviaViolet
        SylviaViolet
        If their offspring is a female will she also have the urge to kabedon people?
        May 6, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        Prolly no, but she might be very susceptible to kabedons, so...
        May 6, 2021
      4. SylviaViolet
        SylviaViolet
        Uhhh scary.... mother's genes huh? We must kill this terrible infliction before it spreads out of Japan....
        May 6, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    15. otaku31
    16. otaku31
      otaku31
      Is Mangadex ever going to come back? With each passing day, I lose hope...
      2. Bad Storm
        Bad Storm
        same. I don't even know where else to read other than webtoon
        May 5, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        You could read on the "you-know-which" sites for the time being but the poor UI and ads make the experience far from desirable.
        May 5, 2021
      4. jbturkle
        jbturkle
        I've been trying to use individual scanlator sites but boy is it a hassle trying to keep track of everything.
        May 5, 2021
    17. otaku31
      otaku31
      Why is it that all the moneymaking stories have a fantasy/revenge setting?
      1. otaku31
        otaku31
        Why can't there be a nice story with MC slowly accumulating wealth in a contemporary setting? With a dollop of monogamous romance?
        May 5, 2021
    18. otaku31
      otaku31
      Hate drama as much as Korean authors seem to love them. Would that mean I share a love-hate relationship with them?
      1. Kaneki Tale likes this.
      3. otaku31
        otaku31
        @SylviaViolet Oh, ok then. I just wanted to share a love-relationship with them... (´;ω;)
        May 4, 2021
        SylviaViolet likes this.
      4. SylviaViolet
        SylviaViolet
        Then you need to learn how to love drama! Let's see you do some...... Don't forget to keep hating it though. Ok time for some drama
        May 4, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
      5. otaku31
        otaku31
        @SylviaViolet Nooo... I'll report you for torture, see if I don't!
        May 4, 2021
    19. CadmarLegend
      CadmarLegend
      Will you marry me?
      1. otaku31
        otaku31
        Nope, I plan to remain forever alone.
        May 3, 2021
      2. CadmarLegend
        CadmarLegend
        Alrighty
        May 3, 2021
        otaku31 likes this.
    20. otaku31
      otaku31
      Me going to Medical Return spoilers pg & seeing peeps sympathize with a murdering psycho, even shipping him with MC: Damn, that's twisted.
      1. otaku31
        otaku31
        All that after the psycho killed at least two people and tried destroying the MC (sabotaged him on multiple occasions)... some fujoshi are scarier than that psycho.
        May 3, 2021
  • About

Birthday:
    December 31