otaku31 likes this.
  2. Blitz
    Blitz
    Must be even harder for you since your the teach
    Jun 10, 2021
    otaku31 likes this.
  3. otaku31
    otaku31
    @Blitz True, esp. if you value interaction. Even when you hv 50-60 students joining in, you'd be lucky if even 2-3 responded to questions. Most of the time, there's just dead silence on the other end; you can never tell whether they are paying attention since you can't judge from body cues (video off). There can be no substitute for classroom teaching, at least, for now.
    Jun 10, 2021
    Ddraig likes this.
  4. Ddraig
    Ddraig
    I am on the student side of this, and I dont know about others but I am paying attention - in most classes. I dont wanna turn on my camera or answer though >.> (although I will if it gets bit too long with no answers). Also I may or may not have a simple game open on the side. I do enjoy not having to travel though >.<
    Jun 10, 2021
    otaku31 likes this.
  5. otaku31
    otaku31
    @Ddraig Nah, I don't expect or demand students' cameras to be on. And just simple binary responses like yes/no (when I ask if they have understood) would suffice. I just need some affirmation that the students are listening in.
    Jun 10, 2021
  6. Negiomi
    Negiomi
    Honestly for me its sometimes easier to get a response with less students, if you somehow get one or two to open up. There's like a bigger feeling of peer pressure or something with more students and the silence is a lot more overwhelming.
    Jun 10, 2021
    otaku31 likes this.