Comments on Profile Post by AMissingLinguist

1. Cerene
    Cerene
    Now I'm really curious about this "Jagaaaaaaan". Your previous posts were all about it.
    Jul 7, 2021
  2. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    Jagaaaaaan is a story about a man who just wants to enjoy killing scum. There's also some sex and rape, which ruins the flow of the story and adds almost nothing. I'd recommend reading Chainsaw Man first before reading Jagaaaaaan, because Chainsaw Man does the strange powers better and I could actually empathize with the protagonist. Both stories have similar art styles as well.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  3. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    None of the characters, except maybe for Mikazuchi, are relatable to me. All the guys want to have sex, and all the girls want to find their own mate. In-between all the sex, there's some action and dialogue. I don't remember anything at all about the characters; their motivations, their goals, their worries are barely registered and most screen time is focused on the protagonist doing stuff.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  4. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    (I wrote a some more, but none of it saved, so here's a summary of what I wrote.) To put it simply, stuff happens, and that's all I remember.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  5. Cerene
    Cerene
    Not worth reading, I guess?
    Jul 7, 2021
  6. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    If you enjoy reading Chainsaw Man, then I recommend trying this series only if you want a different spin on a similar plot. Not worth reading if my explanation contained anything you found unenjoyable. 2.2/5. I hope to forget this story after it's done and I finish reading it.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  7. Cerene
    Cerene
    "sex and rape" total turn off
    Jul 7, 2021
    AMissingLinguist likes this.
  8. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    I don't mind these if they're used to help develop a character or as a tragic event, but I did not find the author's execution of these topics to be meaningful in his story.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  9. Cerene
    Cerene
    Point. But stories like that really exist? Recommend me some.
    Jul 7, 2021
  10. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    "Love Junkies" is a comedy story about a guy who has problems stemming from sex. My memory is fuzzy on this one, since it's been a long time, but I remember it for at least not being bad. "Berserk" is one of the better ones where rape is used expertly to convey a sense of despair and murderous anger. "Asper Kanojo" handles the sex topic well with a person who has a mental disorder.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  11. AMissingLinguist
    AMissingLinguist
    There's definitely better stories out there, but these were the ones I could think of at the moment.
    Jul 7, 2021
    Cerene likes this.
  12. Cerene
    Cerene
    Thanks. I'll check them out.
    Jul 7, 2021
    AMissingLinguist likes this.