Comments on Profile Post by Wujigege

1. ludagad
    ludagad
    Lol. I didn't watch because I got annoyed by the way they framed their main actress. From scenes here and there I got the impression she's the dominant one in the relationship. Hope it won't be wrong.
    Jul 15, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.
  2. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Care to explain what annoyed you?
    I might learn something
    Jul 15, 2021
  3. ludagad
    ludagad
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVFHwTp2qRg
    Watch it as an illustrative example haha. There's plenty on the topic. I guess it's something female audiences are more perceptive to since they're also used to being objects of viewing in their daily reality.
    Jul 15, 2021
  4. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Ahh yes. One of the thing I am most proud of is I don't watch sex comedies like American Pie anymore.
    The issue I have is that Asian dramas without male gaze are essentially grooming with infantile female leads.. I find that worse.
    I think you made a good case for why people prefer BL and Korean dramas with poor dressed as a beggar female leads
    Jul 16, 2021
  5. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    I prefer the female leads to be at least independent of the male lead which turns me off from dead broke female lead dramas
    Jul 16, 2021
  6. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    Sex appeal with no plot is why I don't watch Bond movies anymore..
    A female lead was called Pussy Galore for Pete's sake.
    It is pretty hard to excuse the sexism in Bond movies
    Jul 16, 2021
  7. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    The dead broke female leads also tend to dress like beggars
    Jul 16, 2021
  8. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    The word I was looking for is dirt poor. Female leads are usually dirt poor
    Jul 16, 2021
  9. ludagad
    ludagad
    The male gaze views the female actress as a collection of body parts to be ogled at in slow motion. Can't say anything good about it. You can still have an elegant and independent female lead without focusing on her butt lol. Those dirt-poor leads are the fault of the scenarists. They're living out some sort of fantasy through their characters hah. Thankfully, the trope is slowly being buried.
    Jul 16, 2021
    Wujigege likes this.
  10. Wujigege
    Wujigege
    One of benefit of switching from Western TV to Asian dramas is that I don't have to deal with cleavage thrown at my face.
    The lower production quality is an acceptable trade off.
    I am aware that Korean movies can be just as hypersexualized
    Jul 16, 2021