Comments on Profile Post by AliceShiki

1. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    I was surprised by how much harder it was to translate manga when compared to novels... >.>
    Jul 26, 2021
  2. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Are you working alone on it? shouldn't there be others helping you?
    Jul 26, 2021
  3. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Solo work~

There aren't that many redraws to do though, so it's not that bad... Also the thing that takes the most time is translating tbh. It just takes a lot longer to throw stuff from the OCR into the dictionaries when compared to just copy pasting it from Syosetu... >.>

Though well, I think I took 1-2h in some redraws... That doesn't help for sure.
    Jul 26, 2021
    Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  4. Pachia320
    Pachia320
    That’s hard… thank you for your hard work! I did translate one drama episode before which took almost the whole day. I understand just how hard it is to translate. Don’t forget to take breaks!
    Jul 26, 2021
  5. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Oh, I take plenty of breaks alright~

Like, unless I happen to have a really free day, I only translate the doujinshi on the weekends. I'm too busy working on the weekdays for that... >.>

Still, I think I'm at like... 5 weeks on this doujinshi now? It's taking a lot longer than I expected... Especially because I can do 2 novel chapters in one day... >.>
    Jul 26, 2021
  6. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    A drama episode though... I can't even imagine how long that would take... I don't think I'd even risk that one without improving my Japanese first~
    Jul 26, 2021