$2,575
Reading List:
Link
Birthday:
November 29
Home Page:

hy-d-ra

Well-Known Member, Female

New review 路人甲和豪门大佬联姻后(BL): https://hy-d-ra.blogspot.com/2024/03/chinese-bl-novel-by-after-passer-by.html (was interesting in a way)) Mar 7, 2024

hy-d-ra was last seen:
Mar 28, 2024 at 9:41 PM
    1. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      New one from read: 成了武帝的我又穿了回来. Really interesting, MC wears back from cultivation world and finds his world also has cultivation.
      1. hy-d-ra
    2. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      Currently ongoing: quick digest :'D New 欢迎进入梦魇直播间 by Sangwo is best, very entertaining, very well-written (the rest in comments)
      1. View previous comments...
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        了渣攻后我跟他小叔HE了 by 织墨. It's a short one. MC has a condition after being kidnapped when he was a kid and can't touch others and has insomnia. The one around him basically insincerely used the grace of saving him. But on engagement MC changes him to another person. ML helps MC with his condition. Naively written, but can be put in "okay" category.
        Dec 11, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        男配不想被安排 by 八爷党. It's on-going and I only started. I was attracted by the plot where MC is basically forced to follow novel nodes, if he does something out of bounds the plot is rewinded to the previous point like a save point.
        Dec 11, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        穿成大佬的炮灰联姻小娇妻 by 公子寻欢. Although it's naively written, especially the business part is just too much I think :'D but the overall feeling of it is with good humor. MC become a cannon fodder, but wants to save himself, but is bound by the system who wants him to earn capital and also save marriage. It gets funny when ML can see MC's thoughts above his head.
        Dec 11, 2021
    3. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      Saw that new Lin Oz's novel reached ch150 and thought they might have written the full main part like before, right? How wrong I was.. (tbc)
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        And the thing is, the story itself at least seevral times had reminded you that the accident that happened to ML is not so simple etc. But things don't really progress beyond that.
        At that I can count that there were at least more than 40 mentioning of taking shower I mind you.
        Dec 3, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        When you read it all together you end up with only one impression - oh, their family is very clean.
        But generally it can be described as - MC crossed, agreed to marry ML, instead of original host abuse loved his nephew, loved ML's nephew, filmed in a series, played theater with ML against both families (both have family drama)
        Dec 3, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        And mostly apart of that is a lot of daily life. I admit most of it is cute and not bad and chapters are not long, but when you look back at 150 chapters and think - huh, the content so far was this much... interesting. I bet you anything, they will write to at least 200+ chapters and later will also add 100+ extra chapters about the children. Last time was like this
        Dec 3, 2021
    4. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      My baby Sangwo opened a new article, hurray~!! Woo so happy :') *happy gibberish*
      1. MMWO
        MMWO
        The ankle-breaking guy or someone else?
        Nov 10, 2021
    5. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      Like in the meme - ah fuck, here we go again :'D With love for world hopping opened 修仙大佬万人迷日常[快穿] and again MC has to collect regret points
      1. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        I feel so pointless when I see settings like these. Maybe authors find it challenging to do, but why they think that acting the opposite isn't interesting?
        Like honestly, is it inspiring to read how a person who could do so much more is beaten back to simple collect of regret points (not just in abovementioned)
        Nov 9, 2021
    6. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      I've been on a particularly bad streak with novels, is it too much to ask for a queenly MC who can kick everyone's asses ;_;
      1. Kelebek likes this.
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        I just don't like oblivious or super naive MCs and also stories where even if MC is ok, but he has to follow the plot and not OOC the character.
        Why am I so lucky lately to see so many stories where MC is a cannon fodder, but he still has to act like one, is it so fun for people to watch the drama, where's the joy of ripping everything apart.
        Oct 30, 2021
        Osas and Deleted member 369806 like this.
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Ok, this novel [狗血文圣父受觉醒了] just started, it's from one of the authors I'm following, but basically conveys the feeling of smart and I'll do my thing, I'll fuck you up type of MC.
        MC plays his cards when he crosses beautifully and basically manipulates the scene, plays only when needed, but at other times - QUEEN
        Oct 30, 2021
        Jessalyn728 likes this.
    7. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      Been re-reading god of knowledge (author of FOD), and as much as I dislike FOD as much I adore God of Knowledge. It's so cool (≧◡≦)
      1. Jessalyn728, applebeans and Kelebek like this.
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Mostly I do it because recently I only had seen the type of QT where MC is always tasked to do something, which is totally uncalled for, or he's a dunse/oblivious etc. He must follow the script and other shit.
        God of Knowledge has one most perfect part, which ridicules it, when MC says to the system - when you see a pile of shit, you don't jump into it.
        Oct 18, 2021
        Jessalyn728 likes this.
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        I love it when his system was under the control of the Lord God at first, but recognized the power of MC who killed sons/daughters of Destiny picked by LG. And they mostly die mentally collapsed (and it's justified, not simple cruelty) and later system goes to light the candle for all of them when they simply arrive to the plane.
        Oct 18, 2021
        Jessalyn728 likes this.
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        You know how sometimes MC does things that are outside of boundaries and you feel wrong that revenge/face slap etc. are way more radical than the fault, but here you know why MC "loves" SoDs and drives them into corner.
        Not to mention that MC is a smart person and he keeps in the frame of science instead of being OP in everything.
        Oct 18, 2021
        Jessalyn728 likes this.
    8. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      Found several good QTs by 牧白, although may not be that bomb, but you can see they have their own ideas. The ones I finished in comment below
      1. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        快穿之主神归来 (2016) judging by year it's a decent one, interesting worlds, decent characters, decent backstory in general. These characters now have their second novel, but genre changed to Infinite Flow.
        I was surprised to read some unique worlds and stories in this one. I like confident and smart MC, so it clicked with me well.
        Sep 28, 2021
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Second I finished was 每次人设都是反派[快穿] (2021) has similar backstory of false gods robbing new main god of his power and MC looking for ML's soul shards in different worlds, some similarities were present (I read this 1st btw), but also had its' own unique stories as well. And a bit simpler in terms of backstory. Again liked MC, I love smart MCs, which have charm
        Sep 28, 2021
    9. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      Fashion of MLs chasing wives to crematorium should either stop or return to logic. Making characters suffer for the sake of hurting is..
      1. Deleted member 369806 likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        I'm not against the genre, but it follows logic and not convenience and it is balanced and not an obvious beating.
        Damn! Like last 4 novels were either boring or this, I really have a bad luck in search or smth lately :'D And there are authors I want to read, but they've just finished and are collectively on pause.
        Sep 9, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        @Mr Popo Hahahaha yeah I know, I've seen tenths of comments under such novels that applaude to misery, but honestly I wish it had more sense and logic and not plain artificial conflicts that reek bad writing, just for the sake of it. though those who want things like these won't care, I understand that.
        Sep 9, 2021
      5. markshadow
        markshadow
        Hi hydra, i love your list about bl recommend, but i'm curious about other danmei u read mtl, what apk you recommend to read mtl more easy bcz google translate not help at all
        Sep 14, 2021
    10. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      1. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        A lot of creating drama about one thing and mulling over it. That's the type of story. I read their 你是我宝贝[重生], which I also couldn't finish at the last stage, because it gets a bit tedious (though this one is more melancholic and dramatic).
        Tbh both are mulling over something and having this angsty feeling
        Aug 28, 2021
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        But conflicts in both are..a bit questionable to me. I'm not a fan when one setting or characteristic of a character becomes the premise for drama. Like here a lot of drama came from MC not knowing what to decide since he doesn't know if he travels back one day, so despite already being emotionally entangled with ML, he doesn't want to hurt him. Add 'uwu' at the end.
        Aug 28, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        No really, I'm like rewatching and for the first time I see so one-sided MC, other side characters got better opportunities and also have better adaptability, while he seeks only one and only way to enter the fashion circle, which tbh is a bad example how to live.
        Aug 28, 2021
    11. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      1. Kelebek likes this.
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Basically this one is almost over and it's a good one, at least I like it. I love the MC that although he's all confident now, but he had his own past which was not all flowers. It also has the slapping of bad relatives and also inadvertantly blocking path to "protagonist", though it's just a rotten person who transmigrated and used the plot to his own gains
        Aug 22, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        The relationship line is the best, several good emotional outbreaks, but it's all reasonable. Trust me. I've been trying other novels these days and two out of three had problem with logic and reasoning and it's all bad cliche and boredome. Here author gets better with their writing. At least it's a 5th book I'm reading and can tell they have their own style
        Aug 22, 2021
    12. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #48: 我哭了,我装的 by 艳归康. It's still on-going, closer to ch70 unfortunately became unbalanced. More in comments below.
      1. Kelebek likes this.
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        But the funny thing is a professional line. MC quit the dance school when he arrived, since he didn't want to continue that line, he was too involved in tech and games. He basically created a groundbreaking softwear and sold it to create later his own company and empire, while ML still thought that MC is unmotivated and doesn't want to learn etc. :'D
        Aug 19, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        It's also funny how at first ML was simply for pleasure, but MC turns things in such a way and has such demands as if it's ML serves MC in bed and not otherwise :'D In the period when ML considered himself the gold master. MC always treats ML's serving as default and it's really funny to me :'D This novl is really easy to digest and fun to read.
        Aug 19, 2021
      5. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        [UPDATE] The novel became inbalanced in terms of feelings. MC was always on the higher ground, ML was the first to confess and made to wipe the dust. He put himself in a too inferior posiion with a not much background that would justify it. In general it's just a dance on ML's bones like he's not a human being and can be tossed howerer
        Sep 13, 2021
    13. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      What a deep influence it is when u read something non-mainstream and exciting and then u switch to other work and it might not be bad but..
      1. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        My recent-recent is 一觉醒来影帝揣崽了, which is quite basic rebirth novel (also jittery writing), but under the influence of me reading an ongoing 我哭了,我装的, which has some top non-routine MC I've seen lately, that it made the abovementioned rebirth novel seem so tasteless :'D
        Aug 19, 2021
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Even more, before I found this one - 夺位[重生] This one is crazy. At least protags are. It's written weirdly, though idea of the plot isn't bad with transmigrator stealing MC's life while that person is being captive, before MC is almost driven insane, but plot twist not everything he was shown was true
        Aug 19, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Another one, I believe it's - 你是我宝贝[重生] was truly melancholic. Because ML didn't know that who he searched for is MC and MC had no idea about his life exerience and basically when he did figure out it was too late. In rebirth he didn't want to spend time on ML, though now ML knew person he wanted was always by his side
        Aug 19, 2021
    14. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #47: 我在阴阳两界反复横跳的那些年 Found a good one. Crossing + ability of seeing ghosts. Road of solving wronged dead ppl in entertainment.
      1. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Review: https://hy-d-ra.blogspot.com/2021/08/chinese-bl-novel.html
        MC crosses into another world, bonus is ability of seeing ghosts. ML will act as a soul (since ML will bein a coma) through part of the story. Seeking justice for wronged ppl and setting on a path where everyone thinks MC has ability to overturn your car if you've done something bad.
        Aug 2, 2021
    15. hy-d-ra
    16. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #46: 他带着金手指第21次重生了[娱乐圈] Really liked it, especially emotions in the last third. MC is reborn every 31st Dec before turning 20 for 21 times.
      1. applebeans likes this.
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Something happens on 31st of Dec every time and he is reborn as a newborn. Although he tries to live fulfillingly, but still is reborn. When becoming numb he then tries to find the solution and remembers what triggered the rebirths, made him join the boy group, ex-mate of which he saved before his first rebirth.
        Jul 26, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Basically it touches on the entertainment and singing. MC, Jiang Bai, joins the idol boy group - Oxygen, to get closer to the ex-member he saved back then.
        Some entertainment routines, some face slapping. It's actually an easy type of read with little drama. But honestly when it came to feelings between him and ML, I really liked it. So 5/5.
        Jul 26, 2021
    17. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #45: 周先生不想努力了 I'm sorry it was so damn boring, I finished it just to justifyingly say that, it's boring and here's why (tbc)
      1. applebeans and Cerene like this.
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        MC is my biggest pet peeve. He's like a silly mascot. The problem that was raised was that MC is really unlucky, so he wanted to quit, but later found out that many of those were artificial, so it should have changed his disposition a bit? You bet. Not. Till the end in many cases he stays very unconfident about everything.
        Jul 21, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        The problem of such writing is that yeah you might distress for MC for a minute or two, but when he gets recognized and gets awards, ppl say his acting is great, basically you have to believe because you're being told to. And that's a no to me.
        Jul 21, 2021
      5. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        Anyway, I feel shallow about it. It doesn't have faults of being really bad, it's just hella boring and nothing new. Protag isn't a threat, since many things are cut off for him. The romance is shallow. I dislike when they describe oblivious character and then boom - greasy love.
        2/5 for the effort, otherwise I'd smash 1/5 for the boredom.
        Jul 21, 2021
    18. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #44: 咸鱼不想继承千亿豪门 Why this is in the danmei category is beyond me, it's all MC's enterpreneur path is described and fell in love with a man
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        MC basically puts money into almost bankrupt company, tries to fill in all his money with no return. But it got different result, people are loyal, brain supplement is strong, they often try to guess MC's moves and do things for the benefit. So his empire grew in size.
        He wants to bankrupt because he is cannon fodder in the story with bad end if he struggles
        Jul 17, 2021
      3. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        ML happened to be an actor who comes from a wealthy family. He fell for MC at first sight and basically they came together after some times of knowing each other.
        Although it sounds normal, but these parts are really fleeting and their relationship doesn't occupy much. Basically you forget about ML while reading.
        Jul 17, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        The whole thing is 166 ch. The routine is the same - MC invests and waits for no return but returns are big, he tries to invest in other fields, but they also get a huge return. Each situation like that or going against a rival are absolutely the same in their pattern. Everyone gets a slap in return.
        So although easy, but turns repetitive and longer than I'd prefer.
        Jul 17, 2021
    19. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #43: 穿书后与偏执大佬HE了 Despite being quite not new in writing, but author is cute, has energetic style. Easy story for one time :D
      1. Cerene likes this.
      3. Lissi
        Lissi
        By wears do you mean transmigrates or wears?
        Jul 13, 2021
      4. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        @Lissi By wear I mean wear aka entering the book plot.
        Jul 14, 2021
      5. Lissi
        Lissi
        Oh... so transmigrate. Got it~
        Jul 14, 2021
    20. hy-d-ra
      hy-d-ra
      #42: 穿成替身后我跑路了[穿书] : painter MC wore a dog blood, decided to get a foothold and leave, story deteriorates in the last third of the story.
      1. hy-d-ra
      2. hy-d-ra
        hy-d-ra
        It didn't start that bad, but the last third of the story and abrupt story change just felt so weird to me. It didn't make emotional at all, just ended up all plain.
        Jul 10, 2021
  • About

Birthday:
    November 29
    Home Page:
    https://shui-xi.tumblr.com/
    Around early '19 (I think), I went for a deep dive into Chinese BL novels and can't surface since.
    Personal attraction is actually because of heavily edited novels the stories come across as.. actual stories, cleaner stories.
    Regarding preferences:
    • Fav genre: QT, rebirth, entertainment
    • Satisfactory factors: plot twists, author's personal style that makes them unique, positive messages, bad guys get what they deserve
    • MC candidates: strong personalities, but actually those with compassionate heart as well
    • ML candidates: non-obsessive, supportive and loving partner
    Though I read other genres as well, but these are my favorite that keep me involved.