Comments on Profile Post by PRSBlacklight

1. LivingCorpse
    LivingCorpse
    This kind of logic only applies if you are a believer of Abrahamic Religion.

Other religion and culture especially those with polytheistic deities usually has gods/goddesses with clear predetermined gender. Like Zeus and Hera from the Greek pantheon. And Izanagi and Izanami from Japanese creation myth.
    Oct 14, 2021
    Deleted member 369806 likes this.
  2. Deleted member 369806
  3. LivingCorpse
    LivingCorpse
    This is a weird place to put Jojo reference.
    Oct 14, 2021
  4. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Oct 14, 2021
  5. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    Why is it stupid?
    Oct 14, 2021
  6. Deleted member 369806
  7. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Tbh, I wouldn't call it kind of stupid but the concept of giving god a gender is illogical and seems like someone's attempt to push some kind of idea upon others, I mean fiction wise it makes sense, but realistically speaking that will raise lots of questions and will make lots of chaos that would end the world before it even began XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  8. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    For example, if there is more than one god, then some kind of hierarchy needs to be established otherwise, at least, assuming two gods wouldn't agree upon from where the sun should rise for example would probably kill all of creation easily, and speaking of which, they wouldn't even agree upon how we humans should look like, that is some simple stuff XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  9. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    If we go into more complex stuff, like when the universe was created, we need to ask which god created the universe, but before that another question should be asked, who created that god, then ask again who created that god which created supposedly the universe, then we can again ask who created whom infinitely
    Oct 14, 2021
  10. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    Pretty sure each religion answers those questions individually no? The ones I know of make it pretty simple to understand.
    Oct 14, 2021
  11. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    And by asking who created who and which infinitely we are stuck at the same question never reaching the beginning and if we can't reach the beginning then the last action which the universe's creation should be impossible, since the who created who question is infinite, by that the universe's creation shouldn't happen XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  12. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Depends on which religion you mean and which one makes the most sense, because religion is meant to answer existence itself by relating it to a god or gods, so, logically speaking, the true religion shouldn't make up stuff that goes against science or against human logic or biology for example,
    Oct 14, 2021
  13. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    and I dare say that most religions (at least those I know) despite seemingly make sense but in their core and beliefs don't, so, their answers are mere fantasies XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  14. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    After all, giving an answer doesn't mean it is the correct answer, right?
    Oct 14, 2021
  15. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    I mean, most religions make it a requirement that other religions are wrong, thereby making it so you'd be statistically correct even with the best case of 1 correct religion.
    Oct 14, 2021
  16. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    That is why, at least to me, the concept of many gods will never make sense realistically, that concept can only work if it is a story since the plot is controlled by the author who is pretty much in that sense is the true god XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  17. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    I don't want to enter into those unnecessary issues but let us, look at it like this, since we are in the modern world, let us pick from the scientific findings, for example something simple, the moon shines because its surface reflects light from the sun, right? so, if in some religions belief, we find something like moon shines on its own, that should be enough to eliminate that religion from being true or real
    Oct 14, 2021
  18. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Unless, you are more into exploring fantasies and not actually into finding the true religion (in this case, you might as well, wait for your letter from hogwarts to arrive, no offense) or you are too emotional and believe in the traditions of your ancestors, so, you don't really care how much sense it makes but since your ancestors did it you do it, but you might as well,
    Oct 14, 2021
  19. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    reject any and all these modern ideas, philosophies and stuff, just reject modernity all together XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  20. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    To me, logically the concept of god being one is the most that makes sense, next, the matter of gender isn't applicable to god, since god is one, then there is no need for gender because gender is a criteria for sex identification, what does one god need that for XD?
    So, we got one being with qualities proper and unique because our concepts don't apply nor work on them,
    Oct 14, 2021
  21. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    If I am to phrase is it differently, we are the characters in the story they wrote, so we are living in their novel and limited by their story setting or plot XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  22. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Of course, I am not speaking religiously here
    Oct 14, 2021
  23. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    Supposing a setting where god is a singular powerful being of some sort with no others as their equal, then it would make sense for that to be the case. However a huge number of settings have gods that are very similar to humans for whatever reason (like they're ascended humans) in which case it makes perfect sense to have them with gender.
    Oct 14, 2021
  24. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Not really, here many questions can asked, like, why humans? why that form? and if they are ascended humans, where did they come from? and if I am to think of some examples, why did those mighty beings create weak creatures similar to them in form but fear them or used them as some kind of cattle? in this case the gods you are talking about are more like some special race of aliens rather than our makers or creators
    Oct 14, 2021
  25. PRSBlacklight
    PRSBlacklight
    I'd like to continue the gendered gods are stupid. Yes, I was indeed talking about the Abrahamic religion. Even if we are talking about the actual religion, I find it dumb that people tell me that God, the capital G, is a man. There would literally be no reason for an entity of omniscience and omnipotence to care. I guess my view is a bit cynical but still, it's a thought I always argue with a friend of mine.
    Oct 14, 2021
  26. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    I don't know when that claim was made or who made it but it is in none of the Abrahamic religion that god is a man, and that capital G thing is complete utter BS, if we are in some olden era with not many that can read or write and where only churches have access to holy books, that kind of BS can work but not in this modern era XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  27. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    Pretty sure there are explanations for that depending on the denomination, but there are two many branches from Abrahamic religions to really get into the specifics. Some I know have good reasons that make sense, others not so much.
    Oct 14, 2021
  28. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    There is no such thing as good reasons to get into the specifics XD
    It is is called the Abrahamic religions because they all follow the same faith, if you look at the core books, you will see the same message, in the torah, bible and the quran, the similar parts are a sign that the origin is one but the differences lay in the issue of whether the books were well persevered or not,
    Oct 14, 2021
  29. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    tbh, it is like an update for some software as users keeps corrupting their current versions XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  30. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    I make this statement and I am 100% confident in what I say but the only well preserved, uncorrupted and as such the most that makes sense of the Abrahamic religions is the last one, which is islam, and I even dare say that quran doesn't have any issue that would make me doubt its authenticity, that was me being religious XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  31. UnGrave
    UnGrave
    A religion from like, the 600's is the newest? I don't know about that chief...
    Oct 14, 2021
  32. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    Yes, the newest in the sense that it is the last of the Abrahamic religions, of course there are criteria to determine which religion is true or not and I already slightly talked about it XD
    Oct 14, 2021
  33. Deleted member 369806
    Deleted member 369806
    So tell me @UnGrave , which of those new religions (not the Abrahamic religions) you believe in, and why? and let me say that weebism isn't a true religion just in case, or you don't believe in theism? seem like you want to say more, if you want PM me XD
    Oct 14, 2021