*hugs tightly*
    It's okay ~ ^^)

Ah'li~
    What have you been doing recently ~?
    Dec 9, 2022
  3. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Been trying to work regularly, but still struggling! >.<

Also playing a lot of Super Robot Wars and editing its wiki too... It's been pretty fun~
    Dec 9, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  4. Bielt
    Bielt
    Fighto ah'li!
    *Glomp*

Oh~?
    What is that game like?
    Sincerely i have never heard of it~
    (Not that it's hard, since I haven't been looking at game releases for quite a while)
    Dec 10, 2022
    AliceShiki likes this.
  5. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Oh, it's a SRPG series, kinda like Final Fantasy Tactics, Fire Emblem, Disgaea and whatnot.

Most of the games in the franchise are big crossover games involving Gundam, Getter Robo, Great Mazinger and whatever else.

The game I am playing uses only original characters though, with no crossover elements whatsoever~
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  6. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    It's a pretty fun game, but it's honestly a bit too much on the easier side of SRPGs... The gameplay is still very fun, but like... Almost no stages make me struggle.

Though I'm playing the Original Generations 1 game, and the Original Generations 2 did increase the difficulty to some extent, so I'm looking forward to that one~
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  7. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    In case you're interested, I can easily recommend it. It's a PS2 game, so it should be easy to emulate~

Though you also need to download the fantranslation patch, otherwise the game will be in Japanese because... Well, almost no Super Robot Wars games get translated to English.
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  8. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  9. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    (Original Generations is a remake of the OG1 and OG2 GBA games, that's why the names are so similar... But OGs also made considerable improvements to gameplay, retconned a small handful of things in the story, and added a few extra stages too, so... The PS2 version is a lot more fun~)
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  10. Bielt
    Bielt
    Ohh~
    It looks good~
    The last robots themed game I played was on PS1 i think! XD

Does it have a class changing system like FF tactics and disgaea?
    Dec 10, 2022
  11. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Ah, no, there are no classes at all, actually.

You do have plenty of customization on how to build your pilots though, and you can change the mechs that the pilots are piloting willy-nilly, so... Well, if you consider mech changing as class change, then that can work! xD

Oh, and you can also customize the loadout of the mechs, like... Choosing what weapons they're bringing and stuff.
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  12. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    So, it has plenty of customization, but no class-based customization~
    Dec 10, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  13. Bielt
    Bielt
    That do sounds interesting ~
    I kinda want to play a game where I can build any character in any way i want~
    Of possibly even having some generic characters just to mess around with lol
    Dec 11, 2022
    AliceShiki likes this.
  14. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Oh, you can customize the characters in almost any way you want~

They have a few skills they start with, but the other skills you put on them can be any that you want, so you have plenty of freedom there! ^^)/
    Dec 11, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  15. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    So you can choose to specialize characters in gunfight, melee, supportive stuff or other things, or put a mix of those~

You have plenty of freedom! \(^^)/
    Dec 11, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  16. Bielt
    Bielt
    ^^)/
    Sold!
    I am gonna download it~
    Tho i probably won't get to play it till Christmas ~
    Cus December working schedule sucks~
    QwQ)
    Dec 11, 2022
    AliceShiki likes this.
  17. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    *hugs* Good luck with work, mama! >.<

And I hope you have fun with it! ^^)/
    Dec 11, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  18. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    Oh, and when playing OGs1, you'll be asked to choose a route at the start of the game. Between Ryusei's or Kyosuke's route.

Both routes start separately and are both canon.

Around the middle point, they join up.

Near the end, they split up again, and Ryusei's end route is the canon one.
    Dec 11, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  19. AliceShiki
    AliceShiki
    That said, I think the early stages of Kyosuke's route are more fun than the early stages of Ryusei's route.

So... Which one you play is up to you, but I'd recommend Kyosuke's route due to more fun stages, even if the last 10 or so stages are non-canon.

Or you can try playing both routes in parallel if you want to too, that can also work.
    Dec 11, 2022
    Bielt likes this.
  20. Bielt
    Bielt
    Thanks!
    Noted~
    I will go with fun route! XD
    Dec 15, 2022
    AliceShiki likes this.