Comments on Profile Post by hypersniper159

1. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    But I genuinely have no idea what else to say
    Mar 3, 2023
    LeniSnow likes this.
  2. Deleted member 504622
    Deleted member 504622
    You don't have to push yourself to respond to everything. It's better not to talk but you understand everything than those who talk and make no sense.

Besides, there are many ways to improve your social skills. You just have to keep exposing yourself.
    Mar 3, 2023
    leviella, hypersniper159 and LeniSnow like this.
  3. LeniSnow
    LeniSnow
    I found some videos on YouTube on how to develop social skills, maybe you'd find them useful? Enough to make your thoughts come across people.
    Mar 3, 2023
    hypersniper159 likes this.
  4. LeniSnow
    LeniSnow
    It could help to figure out first why you didn't develop it as you grew up. And then address it base on that, taking baby steps. Whether it's from fear, low self-esteem, lack of interest, hard to figure out emotions, etc.
    I used to be like that, then I went to college and I acquire the art of not giving fucks
    Mar 3, 2023
  5. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    @LeniSnow any links?

@Alejo its more that they would explain something to me like, “NaOH isn’t strong enough to deprotonate the crude product” and I went “oh” and she just stood there. She was clearly expecting something else and slowly back away. Like bruh, why why why.
    Mar 3, 2023
    LeniSnow likes this.
  6. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    Another time, the professor was expecting me to talk back, but I was trying to process the information and write down notes so he started talking to someone else. I really wanted to slam my head against the desk
    Mar 3, 2023
  7. LeniSnow
    LeniSnow
    Mar 3, 2023
  8. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    I saw this video already, it wasn’t that helpful tbh. But thanks
    Mar 3, 2023
  9. Deleted member 504622
    Deleted member 504622
    What those situations are telling is that you're unable to follow up on rapport and might be quite slow. Doesn't mean that you don't have social skills though and it doesn't mean you have to push yourself to be responsive either even when others seem to expect it. What can you do? Sometimes, there's really nothing to say.
    Mar 3, 2023
  10. Deleted member 504622
    Deleted member 504622
    For me, again, I'd rather have someone who doesn't talk much but understands the words I am saying rather than someone who talks a lot and makes no sense. Your social skills might just not be developed or perhaps not up to what is required by your environment 'cause you yourself feel that you are lacking so, I agree with Snow that it will help to understand why your social skills is at its current state.
    Mar 3, 2023
    By.Eve and hypersniper159 like this.
  11. Deleted member 504622
    Deleted member 504622
    Introspect and learn but, do not beat yourself up for it. You will improve so long as you are willing to learn by exposure. You'll get it, my friend. Besides, there's always a bigger dragon to slay.
    Mar 3, 2023
  12. Lovelybutter
    Lovelybutter
    Same..sniper…I also have a hard time..at talking…Good luck on your journey on learning how to be an extrovert…Loll, it kind of sounds like you’re converting from one religion to the other….
    Mar 3, 2023
  13. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    Don't be hard on yourself. Doge is from academia and is engaged to a professor. Most of them don't have social skills either. *Pat pat*
    Mar 4, 2023
  14. By.Eve
    By.Eve
    First bring the fav food of your prof then engage in conv, like asking how is her/his day... And ask anything that would make him interested or you can skip it Then ask about your problem...
    Mar 5, 2023
  15. By.Eve
    By.Eve
    That is my personal experience...
    Long ago whenever i cames to my prof i would bring her cake or handmade that she would share with her family.
    Mar 5, 2023
  16. By.Eve
    By.Eve
    But before i meet her i will ask her the day or days before we meet.
    Or i will wait her in front of her room one or 2 hours.
    Mar 5, 2023
  17. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    Its a great idea, its just that in america that is totally illegal to bring food, for many reasons. No but for real, it would be great.
    Mar 6, 2023
    By.Eve likes this.
  18. By.Eve
    By.Eve
    Why?! Because is it a bribe?!

Then i should be glad... In my country doesn't have that law but if you give prof money or items.. Then we could says is a bribe.
    Mar 6, 2023
  19. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    If you want, you can write yourself a little script and then practice it beforehand. Or you can make an appointment to see the Prof and attach some questions so that he or she will know what you will be discussing. The Prof will think you are very organized and you know what to talk about @hypersniper159 . Simply say, "hello how are you?" Ask questions. Say thanks and leave. Do NOT beg for points.
    Mar 6, 2023
  20. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    When Doge was in academia, I met people from several different departments. Almost half are introverted and/or neurodivergent. They have spent half their lives doing research and writing. They have no people skills.
    Mar 6, 2023
  21. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    Doge spent one summer sitting between 2 up and coming scholars. One constantly picked his nose and rubbed whatever he found on his shirt. You could see snot on it. The other had a large hole in his sandal. He spent his time picking skin from this hole and eating it. They are professors now.
    Mar 6, 2023
  22. Lovelybutter
    Lovelybutter
    Loll….
    Mar 6, 2023
  23. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    It was gross, I tell you! One had autism. Wouldn't be surprised if the other had it too.
    Mar 6, 2023
  24. Lovelybutter
    Lovelybutter
    How about you doge?…Did you become a professor too?.. The first dog professor of hogwarts?..
    Mar 6, 2023
  25. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    @By.Eve that and the fact they don’t know what you put in it. They could be allergic to anything and then you accidentally fed them food they were allergic too, which will be entirely your fault.

@MsEliteNEET i already do that, and I think I impressed one? Not too sure. But honestly this is such a awkward skill to develop. It’s easy to do on paper, but irl? It’s nearly impossible.
    Mar 6, 2023
    DojaDoge likes this.
  26. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    Yes, Doge had her own classes. She taught healing with crystals and interpretive dance. But then the dogcatcher came...
    Mar 6, 2023
  27. Lovelybutter
    Lovelybutter
    And they tried to euthanize you?…
    Mar 6, 2023
  28. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    Yeah. Profs aren't allowed to experiment on students-- at least wait until they pay tuition first.
    Mar 6, 2023
  29. Lovelybutter
    Lovelybutter
    Sniper….do you not feel an ounce…..of anxiety or fear when talking here though?…..
    Mar 6, 2023
  30. hypersniper159
    hypersniper159
    No not really? Why would I? I also don’t have anxiety when I talk to strangers. It’s just that I am always quiet and have nothing to say so now when I actually need to say something, I’m at a total loss.
    Mar 6, 2023
  31. By.Eve
    By.Eve
    Then you should try to find your proff's fav food. Or anything related to her/him.

I do that,,,

Sometimes i just ask my prof "Miss i made some Lapis Legit -cake name- would you like some?! " if she didn't answer i just hang that cake in her door room.
    And i will send a message again to her "Miss, i hung that cake to your room please enjoy it and share with who ever you want"
    Mar 6, 2023
  32. Deleted member 504622
    Deleted member 504622
    @hypersniper159, you're not an unnecessary talker and probably good at getting things done. If you were back home, I'd actually employ you.
    Mar 6, 2023
    DojaDoge and Lovelybutter like this.
  33. By.Eve
    By.Eve
    Other proff of mine, like to hunt a discount in the market then i also like to share them with him...
    "sir,,, in xx market there is a coupon and discont from twenty to fouth persen if you buy couple shirt"
    Mar 6, 2023
  34. DojaDoge
    DojaDoge
    @hypersniper159 yes, it takes practice. I rehearse in my head. Sometimes I see Prof. Fiance talking to himself. It's pretty much the same thing. He is practicing what he's going to say.
    Mar 6, 2023