NohrNeir
Reading List:
Link

NohrNeir

rereading frenzy

favorite novel 이 결혼은 어차피 망하게 되어 있다 Apr 19, 2021

1. Williamsmithalphaomega
      Williamsmithalphaomega
      The Broken Ring : This Marriage Will Fail Anyway what happen in 3rd time line when she is in the mountains after spoilers and where i can read it further
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Check 1st page of any spoiler thread for the ToC. I already spoiled the whole novel.
        Mar 29, 2024
    2. Williamsmithalphaomega
      Williamsmithalphaomega
      The Broken Ring : This Marriage Will Fail Anyway [I want to know what happen after Chapter 91 Novel Spoilers i want to know please Help and where i can read it further chapters
    3. math_is_not_my_friend
      math_is_not_my_friend
      Hi, NohrNeir. I often see your comments in the threads I follow. I guess we have somewhat similar tastes regarding novels. Can I follow your translation works? If so, please let me know where I can. Again, thank you so much for all of your hard work.
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        The only novel I've translated is TBR and I hated translating so much that I don't really plan on doing it again anytime soon. The only reason I picked up TBR is because I know the hate certain characters will get and knew there would be injustice done from bias translation.
        Mar 23, 2024
      2. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        All I do is read a lot and spoil a lot. I don't translate what I read. I just read for my own enjoyment because I love to read and spoil because I love to spoil. Translating isn't something I like or love at all so if you see many comments from threads you follow, it's purely because I read a lot.
        Mar 23, 2024
      3. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        I'm not spoiling what I translated. Even for TBR, I read that novel 10+ times before I even decide to translate it. I didn't pick it up cause I was translating whilst reading as most fan translators are doing.
        Mar 23, 2024
    4. random234
      random234
      Hi NohrNeir! I saw your comments on the forum for “kidnapped by the crazy duke” and do you know where I can read English translations?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        I think there's fan translation for it somewhere. I just don't know if it's still up.
        Mar 23, 2024
        random234 likes this.
      3. random234
        random234
        Mar 23, 2024
      4. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Maybe check Rain of Snow discord server. I believe they were translating it before.
        Mar 23, 2024
        random234 likes this.
    5. Jiminicricket
      Jiminicricket
      Hello NohrNeir! Do you have a GoodReads account? I'm looking for friends to follow for book recommendations, and I feel like I could trust your judgment since you love The Broken Ring.
      1. NohrNeir likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Jiminicricket
        Jiminicricket
        Honestly, I love it all! I love the angst, but I think I love the writing style the most, how it explores their character in depth and how it specifically evokes emotion as you read it.

Do let me know if you have any recommendations. Do you have anything you like from Booktok?
        Dec 9, 2023
        GonZ555 and NohrNeir like this.
      4. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Nope, I don't read from Booktok and since my current reads are mostly knovels, I can only recommend them. I usually just look around the Korean sites and read the synopsis and reviews to find my next read. If it's angst... I can't really help there since I don't read much angst. In fact I never consider BR angst either.
        Dec 9, 2023
        Jiminicricket likes this.
      5. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        But some other knovels that I've recommended someone else recently, 'Your Eternal Lies', 'The Psycho Duke and I', '우주를 불러줘', 'Dear My Rude Darling With Multiple Personality', etc. None of them are similar to BR. And if you're into the Black Mirror/Twilight Zone feel to stories, there's 미아 by 우유양.
        Dec 9, 2023
        Jiminicricket likes this.
    6. oneirophrenic
      oneirophrenic
      Hello NohrNeir!

Greetings from Canada!

I recently read the manhwa for The Broken Ring, and really enjoyed it. Very rarely do stories in this genre manage to integrate serious themes into a well-thought out narrative, I'm really impressed so far. I particularly enjoyed how the perspective shifts between Ines and Carcel, allowing us to understand their own subjective experiences as the events unfold. (pt. 1)...
      2. oneirophrenic
        oneirophrenic
        Additionally, I read your post about the issues with the official Tappytoon translation, and how it very much detracts from the authors original work. I read the first few chapters and do agree that the prose is pretty juvenile, and does not reflect the emotions of particular scenes. I look forward to talking with you in the future enough to gain your trust! Once again thank you for all your hard work! (pt5)
        Dec 1, 2023
      3. Shadow Bunny
        Shadow Bunny
        I am a sucker for the artwork in manhwas, and my god, Broken Ring is so yumm
        Dec 1, 2023
      4. oneirophrenic
        oneirophrenic
        Right? Ines especially looks soooo beautiful.
        Dec 1, 2023
    7. Little Evil
      Little Evil
      I wish we were the same as before
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Was there ever a before for us? Or are you saying you wish you never change? Generally, I don't think I've changed much. My views have been the same for over a decade.
        Nov 30, 2023
        Little Evil likes this.
    8. Riev
      Riev
      Halo @NohrNeir senior...

Excuse me sister i may don't have patient to read all of inez and carcel at the Toc spoiler, so i just come here to ask you cause i saw the Ots, here my question, does this novel/manhwa got animated now?
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        They're just MVs (music videos). It's not for any animation. There's no animation.
        Nov 24, 2023
        Riev likes this.
      2. Riev
        Riev
        Too bad. I thought they will be animated like many manga mukouda or naruto.

Then, Thank you for answering my curious senior ...
        Nov 24, 2023
        NohrNeir likes this.
    9. agoggeek
      agoggeek
      Hi Nohr, I've been reading your broken ring posts and they have been really helpful to understand the story. I have purchased the novel in ridibooks but it's still hard to understand thru google translate. I'm willing to show you proof that I have purchased the novel if you can share me your translations.
      1. NohrNeir likes this.
    10. Menuuu
      Menuuu
      Hi i just started the conversation part I didn’t know that i have to request here but can you plz help me for the broken marriage…. I didn’t known about the past but iam new so plz can u help
      1. Menuuu
        Menuuu
        Also i just read some comments if u need some evidence i am willing to give
        Oct 25, 2023
      2. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        You're asking for free so it seems you didn't read my blog post at all. "After I accept I can trust you to some degree, I will still need receipts and screenshots/videos to show you’ve purchased the raws."
        Oct 25, 2023
    11. Quinxote
      Quinxote
      Hey Nohr!
      I just recently joined the community for some good manhwas and novels, found and loved broken ring (thank you for the spoilers in the forum here) and bought all the volumes in ridibook.

I noticed your latest blogpost about you reopening your translations. May I ask what kind of proofs do you usually look for that I should provide? In the meantime I'll send proofs as best I can think of in WIX.

Thanks!
      1. NohrNeir likes this.
    12. Yukiechan
      Yukiechan
      Hi NohrNeir!
      Sorry for all the hassle,I received a new email from you about you finishing the translations,thank you for all the work you had been doing for us…
      I was one of your readers before and I hope to gain your trust again,I already send all the proofs I have on WIX.

Thank you.
      1. NohrNeir likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Yukiechan
        Yukiechan
        Thank you,now that I have all the chapters I am going to reread it :)
        Oct 16, 2023
        NohrNeir likes this.
      4. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        You might want to get the side story as well whenever you have the chance.
        Oct 16, 2023
        Yukiechan likes this.
      5. Yukiechan
        Yukiechan
        I send you the pictures of the books on WIX,if you have time please check out.

Thank you anyway,already on the second book ☺️
        Oct 16, 2023
        NohrNeir likes this.
    13. yubiren
      yubiren
      Hello, I’ve been anticipating the official translation of TBR for a long time but after reading your threads I’m disappointed. I noticed you said that you’ve been emailing tappytoon and I was wondering if their was anyway we could assist you in your complaints? If you have an email template or something along those lines? Its a shame to see it be translated without respect for the source material.
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        You can email them at [email protected]. I usually email with 'episode #:', 'error' (official translation), 'edit' (explains why it's wrong and compare it to raws).
        Sep 5, 2023
    14. squid601
      squid601
      Hi I found your page when looking for somewhere to read Broken Ring. I would like to read the novel and I’m curious as to how I am able to. I would really appreciate if you could help out❤️
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        You can MTL it off Ridibooks after verifying. There are some guides in the ToC of the BR spoiler thread.
        Sep 5, 2023
    15. seikagojo
      seikagojo
      Hello! Found your profile when i was looking for Broken Ring. I was planning to buy the tappytoon translations because the story is sooooooooo my cup of tea but changed my mind after seeing our posts about their crappy trans >< i had my suspicions since official trans are always ALWAYS shitty... anyway thank you from saving my broke ass.
      2. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        But if you read that translation, you'll notice how different the writing is from BR's translation and that's just because of the translators. They're works by the same author and in terms of the raws, the author's writing for both aren't too different in terms of style though BR is definitely more wordy.
        Aug 10, 2023
      3. seikagojo
        seikagojo
        Ofcourse! there's no perfect translation since there's a language barrier and diff nuances that people have to consider.
        Aug 21, 2023
        NohrNeir likes this.
      4. seikagojo
        seikagojo
        I have been consuming a lot of foreign entertainment for a long time now which is why i mentioned that fan translations are far better than official ones ^^ noticed that fans care more about the small details and nuances when it comes to translating things
        Aug 21, 2023
        NohrNeir likes this.
    16. alexis0509
      alexis0509
      Hi Nohrneir, thank you so much for your translation of the broken ring. I was looking for it for a while.
      I hope to read your translation and had purchase the whole book on ridi.
      pls let me know how can i show it to u and get ur translation
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Are you the one who just contacted me on WIX?
        Jul 7, 2023
    17. Vel18
      Vel18
      Hi Nohrneir! I already have scoured the entire internet for a novel translations for The Broken Ring (I guess about a year ago?)and I've come across that you have done it a 2 years before. + (I got locked with 420 characters)
      2. Vel18
        Vel18
        omg!! you actually replied!! ah this not in a negative way I was just surprised you've answered so quickly. also could I ask, if I were to show you proof of purchase could I join in on the access?? or no?? cuz I truly understand if not cuz you clearly mentioned that you gotta trust the person first.
        May 26, 2023
      3. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Yupp, I have to trust the person first. Someone shared parts of my translation elsewhere when I've told people not to so I've only been accepting people I had some conversation with to believe they won't share it.
        May 26, 2023
      4. Vel18
        Vel18
        aww damn thats... ugh!! this is why we cant have nice things. anyway... thanks for answering me. tbh i still do want to join but I respect ur decision. So have a great day!! <3
        May 26, 2023
        NohrNeir likes this.
    18. madhatter.cupid
      madhatter.cupid
      hi nohrneir! I purchased your translations for Broken Ring back in Oct 2022 and never got around to finish reading it lol......can you let me know how to show proof that I never uploaded it to Ao3 (i don't even have an account there) .......the manwha is on hiatus and I was hoping to catch up on reading before it comes back.
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        May 16, 2023
        madhatter.cupid likes this.
    19. Oshean94
      Oshean94
      Hello I was wondering in your opinion if a MTL of ridibooks would be more accurate than the novel on Tappytoon?
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        MTL would be more accurate than the official translation on Tappytoon, but it may be difficult to read for some.
        Apr 29, 2023
    20. mimatin
      mimatin
      hi nohrneir! wanted to know if you’re still accepting new readers for your translations? i actually have already purchased all the volumes from Ridibooks and tappytoon translation is wayy too behind . Thank you and i really look forward to your reply!
      1. NohrNeir
        NohrNeir
        Not sharing to anyone except ones I think I can trust. Someone shared parts of my translation elsewhere when I've warned many times not to so I'm not sharing to just anyone.
        Apr 11, 2023