herkawaiinovels
Reading List:
Link
Home Page:
Gym Leader

herkawaiinovels

Well-Known Member, Female, from Cerulean City

I Don’t Want to be a Magpie Bridge is so cute. The friends to lovers trope is well executed. Feb 16, 2023

1. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      I Don’t Want to be a Magpie Bridge is so cute. The friends to lovers trope is well executed.
    2. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      My favorite keyword is unrequited love (FL) but there isn’t too many of these novels around
      1. melomarl
        melomarl
        wow, masochistic?
        Feb 14, 2023
    3. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      If I Can’t Save You, I’ll Die is sooo good guys. One of my top authors truly neve4 disappoints
    4. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      favorite rofan novel I read in 2022 was “If You Remove the Kind Protagonist’s Mask”. Definitely recommend reading the manhwa ^^
      1. Ahodesuga likes this.
    5. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      I am a basic b and am usually drawn to Mary Sue romance novels. Sue me!
    6. girlwrites27
      girlwrites27
      Hey! I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thank you for all of your recommendations and reviews!! I’ve followed you on Tumblr for a bit and recently realized you had an account over here as well. I read The Secret Wardrobe of the Duchess because of your comment on The Duchess with an Empty Soul’s spoiler thread and thoroughly enjoyed it! Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions
    7. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      Recently read Tilda Kim’s latest work and it is just chef’s kiss
    8. itsgraxiabibi
      itsgraxiabibi
      Hi! I'm a big fan of your translation and I just want to ask if you're still posting them? ❤
      1. herkawaiinovels
        herkawaiinovels
        @itsgraxiabibi thank you I never know how good my translations were because no one really mentions it in the NU page reviews but I’m glad at least one person liked it! unfortunately too busy to continue my translations
        Sep 26, 2021
        itsgraxiabibi likes this.
    9. JuniperBluePen
      JuniperBluePen
      Hello! I am JuniperBluePen! I'd been following your translations of Side Story and was saddened that you are unable to continue. Would it be okay if I take over the translations? I have never done official translations work before so is there anything I need to do in order to adopt it (eg. get author permission?) Thank you for all the hard work you did in translating this until now!! I thoroughly enjoyed it!
      1. herkawaiinovels
        herkawaiinovels
        @JuniperBluePen Hi! Yes, feel free to continue my translations. In terms of author’s approval, I didn’t really get anything like that. However, I did make it a point to leave the links on how readers can purchase the original work so that they can support the original author if they want to. Cheers!
        Sep 22, 2020
        itsgraxiabibi and JuniperBluePen like this.
    10. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      I wish I could multiply myself. I want to pick up Seduce the Villain's Father and I Raised an Obsessive Servant for translation T_T
      1. Shem
        Shem
        Same same. Or I wish I have more time Q.Q
        May 4, 2020
    11. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      What a ride Arc 1 of Under the Oak Tree was. I love angst so I’ll keep reading. The writing in this one is so solid! Up there with Lucia.
    12. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      Just finished MTLing Materialistic Princess. The series was so much fun and reminded me of Miss-Not-So-Sidekick!
    13. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      I feel like I've become a regex expert in notepad++... The things I do to MTL a novel...
      1. akki likes this.
    14. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      Please let me get good concert tickets tomorrow...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. herkawaiinovels
        herkawaiinovels
        @akki Nooo unfortunately u_u. I was one of like the first few in the queue but Ticketmaster kept giving me errors ugh.. It was for NCT 127
        Mar 3, 2020
      3. akki
        akki
        Unlucky. I’ve no idea who that is. But I’m guessing a kpop group?
        Mar 3, 2020
      4. herkawaiinovels
        Mar 4, 2020
    15. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      I’m not sure if the author is being unironic about the values she portrays in Under the Oak Tree or whether its a commentary on female roles
    16. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      Splurged on a few chapters of Under the Oak Tree... at this point it’s just guilty pleasure because the otp is problematic af
      1. Aquaa
        Aquaa
        Rip
        Feb 23, 2020
      2. herkawaiinovels
        herkawaiinovels
        @Aquaa it’s FRUS.TRA.TING. They both need a lesson on feminism...
        Feb 24, 2020
        Aquaa likes this.
      3. Aquaa
        Aquaa
        Pat pat
        Feb 24, 2020
        herkawaiinovels likes this.
    17. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      Will have raws for Under the Oak Tree pretty soon... can only get 1 free chapter per day though...
    18. Anju2021
      Anju2021
      Hi~, I saw in a comment that you wrote in "Duchess with an empty soul" that you have the raws, can we exchange ?, I have the raw of other novels, "Beware of those brothers", "Miss not-so sidekick", "A fairytale for the villains ", and 2 more, but don't remember their english tittle.
    19. OnceandFutureLurker
    20. herkawaiinovels
      herkawaiinovels
      I am a newbie to the translated novels world. Please recommend your must reads! I enjoy any female-led Isekai novel with a steamy romance.
      1. orematcha likes this.
      2. OnceandFutureLurker
        OnceandFutureLurker
        Jul 17, 2019
      3. OnceandFutureLurker
  • About

Home Page:
    https://herkawaiinovels.tumblr.com/
    Gym Leader
    I’ve always been an avid reader since I was young. I love YA Fantasy, my favorites being the Six of Crows and Winner’s Curse series, as well as any book by Marie Lu. I also dabbled into fanfiction, reading fanfics containing up to a million words.

At the moment, I am obsessed with the contract marriage trope. I currently love romance stories with lots of angst but also lots of skinship from the main couple.

I discovered NU last year. Check out my reviews.

Meanwhile, some favorite novels I’ve MTLed are:
    • The Former Wife of Invisible Wealthy Man - I love the plot and the MCs are quite likeable.
    • Duchess with an Empty Shell - I personally prefer the novel, especially since the manhwa doesn’t entirely capture Claude’s POV. I’ve translated a portion here (password: summoner).
    • Side Story (currently translating) - really fluffy story with likable leads

Signature

I am currently translating one of my favorite kr novels, "Side Story". Please check it out :)

--