Novel ✪ Memory Corruption (R-18) (Book 1 and 2 Finished) (Book 3 on release now)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GiBro, Jul 2, 2021.

1. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is all good, now that I know that we are jumping timelines, it is easier to follow;)
    Vincenzo managed to get to the palace and I’m relieved that there will be the reunion soon, although the wait is like torture:confused::confused::confused:
    So if I understand correctly it will take about one more month from Belle’s meeting with Vincenzo until the reunion, but what made Belle give up? Did she simply not believe Vincenzo or did Daniel do something to crash any hope for her rescue? Anyways I am looking forward to the conversation between Ryan and Vincenzo when they talk about Vincenzo’s meeting with Belle.

arinzone likes this.
  2. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG!!! I can definitely picture Vincenzo as a Lucky Blue Smith kicked up a notch or two:D:D:D

arinzone likes this.
  3. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear readers, I'm sorry to disappoint you again :cry: I thought I would manage to finish the chapter today, but I couldn't :(
    I'll try to do it till tomorrow, even if I have to stay up till late tonight.
    sorry :(

arinzone and TZia like this.
  4. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Please don’t stress yourself :love: We’ll wait until you are ready to post and thank you for sharing this amazing story with us:)

arinzone and GiBro like this.
  5. arinzone

arinzone Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can wait.dont worry because im reading other story to comfort myself;)(y)

6. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 19

It was like dealing with morphine craving all over again. She was there, alive, well, apparently living in luxury and looking healthy, but out of his reach. She was right there, somewhere not farther than six or seven hours from Manhattan.

Still, six hours meant a lot of possibilities, especially because, by what Vincenzo was reporting, they had left the hotel, after leaving all their belongings in the hotel, like cellphone and guns, by helicopter. From a large building, they had gotten into a private jet, then landed in an airport somewhere considerably warmer than New York.

There, he was politely instructed to undress and went through an inspection, with X-ray and other methods. Daniel had four changes of clothes made especially for him, all of them of high-quality fabric and cut, fatto a mano, as he had called it, and Vincenzo had to pick one. His two bodyguards came along, although both were unarmed before getting in the first airplane, leaving even the knives and the razors they carried in their gums behind. They both received suits too, although those were not that fancy.

On the way to the palace, all windows were kept shut, and alcohol and drugs were available aplenty. "The quality of the products was outstanding". Desmond rolled his eyes as he read that. Only Vincenzo would have the lack of sense necessary to get drunk and high by his own design during a theoretical kidnap.

At least his cousin had spared him of the details about the two young girls inside the airplane and whatever Desmond hoped he and his men hadn't done to any of them. All he had pointed out about it was that they were both naked, and that he had seen marks that suggested they both had been subjected to sexual aggression, like dark spots around their necks and wrists.

The description of the palace was unnerving too. It sounded like a huge mansion or imposing enterprise building. The private airport was a problem. By Vincenzo's description, it would be impossible to spot it via satellite, unless they at least had approximate coordinates.

His eagerness and impatience grew as he read about the four days Vincenzo spent there without any sign of Belle. The description of the meetings and parties were disgusting, and the fact that Vincenzo took his time to describe how he had sat naked inside a jacuzzi alone with Daniel was the last straw.

Desmond huffed, then turned the sheet and ran his eyes through the messy writing. There were spots here and there where the pen had left dark blurred spots of ink or no mark at all over the fabric, making it almost impossible to read the words.

In the third paragraph, Ryan's heart skipped a beat. The words “stunning” and “chocolate eyes” seemed to pop out of the white fabric.

Ryan sat on the floor and took the sheet in both hands, keeping it close to his face, as if he were afraid Lucas would come up and read it before him.

Vincenzo wasn't always eloquent. Most of the time he would orbit the main subject, taking his time, providing useless details, using his fucking annoying hands to illustrate every single thing, adding up a random term in Italian here and there, even though he had been born and raised in United States, so it didn't make any sense... Vincenzo was a poor storyteller. One that made you spend a lot of your time but didn't give you much information in return.

This time, though, Ryan had to admit, the man had done a very good job describing his first sight of Belle and her behavior. It gave him a sensation of deja vú, taking him back to that day he had walked the school fields beside her. In his case, he had seen her before, in photos and videos. He hadn't been exactly caught by surprise by her shy smile, eyelashes batting and the sporadic lip biting. He had seen it hundreds of times before, but the actual thing, seeing her face to face, breathing her scent and hearing her voice without the technology filter distorting it slightly, had been overwhelming.

Until now, Ryan had assumed his body's reaction had been caused by the unwelcome slight crush he had developed toward the girl during the investigations. For months he had watched her, either through footage or by following Daniel and his friends, and the more he stared at her, the more he wanted to.

Of course, he had denied it, even repulsed it… For God's sake, she was just a girl, a bit younger than his own little sister. For him it was more than obvious: he would never think about her as an attractive woman, she was just cute, pleasing to look at, in an innocent manner, no sexual desire involved, naturally.

Ryan covered his mouth with the palm of his hand and let out a muffled groan as he remembered how hard and how often he had tried to deny his feelings toward the girl, who now he saw as a woman, his woman. “Shame” was not enough to express his disappointment with himself.

Still, Vincenzo described exactly the way he had felt a year before, impressed by her beauty, cleverness and delicacy, the same way Ryan would've done after they had first met.

A few parts of the text were hard to understand, because Vincenzo would stumble in his own words, changing subject abruptly, then getting back to Belle.

Ryan had to read it over and over to try to fill the gaps. Apparently Belle had some sort of manipulative behavior toward Daniel, putting him in uncomfortable positions every time he tried to subjugate or use her as a political maneuver, making it seem like she really believed she was doing exactly what he wanted her to, when, in fact, she was just refusing to comply.

At the same time, she looked afraid. Not only of him, but of a redhead that kept glaring at her and shaking his head very slightly behind Daniel every time she provoked him. Vincenzo described the man as having a nice body, not so nice face and perfect eyes. Ryan didn't need to think much to conclude he was talking about Corey Myers.

When he was running his eyes down to skip Vincenzo's more detailed description of his body and clothes, something caught his attention and he felt like he could bite off someone's head.

At some point Daniel ordered Belle to go back to her room. It was made in a very cautious manner, by telling Vincenzo she had had a very busy day and that they should talk about men's subjects, like business.

When Belle got up from the table, silently begging Vincenzo to help her get free, Myers had pulled her by her biceps and guided her away. Vincenzo's first impression was that he was being rough with her, forcing her to walk away. When they got out of Daniel's sight, though, although Vincenzo could still spot them by leaning back on his chair and stretching his neck, he could swear he had seen the man lean down and whisper something in her ear, and then Belle opening her eyes wide and hugging his arm like a child would to a teddy bear.

Myers was manipulating her too. He had done it with almost everyone: Riviera would always insist Desmond was being paranoid, that Myers was a good cop and a good friend; Peter would just shrug and say that no one should be trusted, ever, but that Myers was smart and resourceful, not a bad man; Captain Williams loved him, not without cause, since Myers was his official bootlicker and would go along with practically all bullshit he came up with. Everyone at the precinct and even in other departments trusted the guy and believed he was a competent cop.

But Desmond knew better. Something was very odd about Corey Myers. The way he was always there, except for when there was a big trouble, like the night of the explosion at Belle's school or the night of the shooting that had killed Roy. Thinking about that, he felt stupid for being surprised when he had found out Myers and Andrews were close. They both were like snakes, acting all friendly and helpful, almost unassuming, until the day you found out they had your neck under their feet.

Still, this time the carrot guy had gone way too far. Desmond could overlook the fact that the asshole had gone around making questions about him, revising his closed cases, tried to find out about Domenico, which would have led him to his certain death, hadn't Desmond himself stopped the Don’s hand, harassed his maid and her older daughter and even broke into his apartment while he was too far away to put a bullet in his ass for that.

All that could be solved with rationality and a bit of patience. Desmond was curious to know where Myers was trying to get by snooping around his life. But messing with Belle…

He could only imagine a single worst mistake Myers could make: messing with Agatha. Which was impossible. He had given explicit orders to her bodyguards, that they should take him and chop down the cop's limbs, in case he came after his little sister. He should be kept alive though, because Desmond would need to interrogate him before putting an end to his misery.

-Something interesting? -Lucas came in, carrying the bags with Chinese food and pushing Archie back with his foot. -Shit, by that look, I guess it's no good news.

-He provided useful information. He took a man that is responsible for tactical planning, weapon inventory and acquisition, and of recruiting new members in his crew. He also took his best behavior analyst, the one responsible for supervising the interrogations and meetings with new partners. By their calculations Daniel might have a minimum of seventy men and a maximum of two hundred men. The uncertainty is due to the fact that the place is huge, a real palace of sorts. -Ryan sighed and started to report in a monotonous tone. Lucas listened carefully, but his eyebrows were furrowed and his mouth pressed in a thin line. -They've only been to a portion of the first floor and two rooms from the second floor of two of four towers. His men shared a bedroom with eight of Daniel's men, and slept in bunk beds. Since they accompanied him in all meals, they couldn't have a look at the dining hall, but the analyst identified an ally and asked him about it… It seems like they have enough space for one hundred men to eat. The women eat somewhere else, but in the dining hall they gather all ranks of men, from what they call Knights to the cleaning staff. Vincenzo believes it would be the perfect place to start a riot.

Lucas raised his head, like a dog that had heard a noise during a hunt. Desmond raised one eyebrow, expecting a question.

-So… Who's Vincenzo? -He asked after a while. There was a long silence as the two men looked into each other's eyes. Lucas cleared his throat and pretended not to notice the silent reprimand. -How is Belle? I mean, it's nice to know there are allies there, and I hope some of our missing men are alive and well there, but… What about Belle?

Desmond took a deep breath and looked away. Lucas sat down, sliding a box and a pair of chopsticks in his direction.

-Forget that name, please. I shouldn't… I'm tired, ok? Don't mention that name to anyone. -Desmond scratched his beard and ruffled his hair, then stared at the closed box for a while. -She's… Healthy.

Lucas raised his eyebrows, then made a gesture with his hand, urging him to go on. It was something Agatha did frequently, a habit she had learned from their obnoxious father, who had copied it from his father-in-law and Domenico. Agatha's mother, thank God, at least tried not to do that too often, one of her rare qualities. Still, he had never seen Lucas doing it before, and right now it bothered him, profoundly.

-Don't do that shit. The thing with the hands, I mean. If I'm not deaf and you're not mute, you don't need to use your hands to communicate, use your mouth instead. -He explained when Lucas showed signs of confusion about his annoyance. -Yeah, I hate that shit, don't gesticulate when you're talking to me, it's annoying.

-Are you trying to avoid talking about Belle? What happened to her? -Lucas frowned. -Dude, you know I care about her too, I want to know too… Is she hurt?

-No, he said she looks fine. He said he saw a mark near her shoulder, but he can't be certain if it was a bruise. She was wearing a lot of makeup… -Ryan murmured, looking down. He kept his eyes in the box while he opened it, taking longer than needed to do so. -He said she refused to talk at all, he thinks Daniel threatened to hurt her if she tried to talk to him without his approval. The only thing she said was that she loves me and that she's sorry for what she did, that she didn't mean to break my trust in her.

Ryan sighed and started to eat. It seemed like there was more to say, but he was unwilling to go on.

-What did she do? -Lucas tilted his head. -What does that mean, about her breaking your trust in her?

Ryan just shook his head and looked down at his food. He was not willing to open that wound again. Lucas got the message and started to eat too.

-I don't get it. -Lucas grumbled after a while. -How did your… How did your friend get there?

-What I don't get is why you didn't bother me with questions about his identity yet. -Ryan narrowed his eyes. -What do you know about Vincenzo?

-Me? Nothing! You told me not to mention his name anymore, so I didn't. -His ears and cheeks burned red and he took his glasses off, using his shirt to wipe the lenses, presumably to have an excuse to avert his eyes. -But, if it's ok for you to tell me, I'd like to know more… If you'd like to share…

The black eyes narrowed, and Lucas heard it when the chopsticks were stabbed into the box.

-I know you, Banner, you won't fool me. Did someone ask you about him? Did Myers ask you about him? -Ryan frowned. -If you lie to me….

-No! If Corey asked something about you or your family, I'd tell you right away! -Lucas quickly explained, then blushed even more. -Not that I'm assuming he is from your family, that's not what I meant…

Desmond pushed the box aside with the back of his hand and shot him a murderous glare.

-Who? And don't you dare play dumb, who told you about him?

-I… No one, I…. That's not what… -Lucas started to stutter and Desmond got to his feet. His hand was near his lower back and Lucas involuntarily gulped as he backed away, then got up, knocking the chair over behind him. -Desmond, please, don't do something you'll regret, I swear to God, I would never betray you. Never.

-Give me a name, Banner. I want the name first, then I'll decide if I want to hear your explanation. -His voice was low as he moved to the side of the table. -You have ten seconds, then you'll get a bullet on your leg.

-I'd never do anything against you, I swear… -Lucas shook his head and took a step back. He was about to take the second one when he blinked and saw the gun pointing to his face. -Dude… Please, let's talk, please! You don't want to do this to me, we're friends!

-Who told you about Vincenzo and what did they tell you! -Desmond kept his voice low. -Whoever it was, believe me, if you make me force you to tell, the things they would do to you will sound like a paradise.

-Ok, I'll tell you, but please, put the gun down! -Lucas trembled from head to toes, but Desmond didn't even blink. -Desmond, please, dude, you're my best friend, I would rather die…

There was a knock on the door and Lucas flinched. Desmond turned his head very slightly then moved and grabbed Lucas by his collar, shoving him against the wall with so much force, he thought the drywall would collapse.

-You motherfucker! Are you wired? -The black eyed man hissed, searching Lucas' chest and pockets. -Did you frame me? Did you set for me, you asshole? I trusted you, I fucking trusted you! I should've let Vincenzo shoot your fucking ass…

There was another knock, a bit impatient and then the doorbell rang twice.

-No! I swear, I don't know who's there, I'm not waiting for anyone! -Lucas desperately groaned when he felt his feet leaving the floor. -Please, Desmond, I swear on my mother's life!

The doorbell rang again, this time followed by another angry knock.

-I should've known… You were with Myers and Daniel all this time, weren't you? You've set this up for me! They might get me, but not before I put a hole in your … -Ryan paused when he heard an annoyed grunt at the door, before he could finish his phrase. He turned his head and opened his eyes wide. -Agatha?

Lucas looked from his astonished face to the door, then back to his face again.

-Shit. -Ryan whispered, then put his hand over Lucas' mouth to muffle his voice, the other hand still holding the gun to his temple. -Shut the fuck up, she'll go away if I don't answer.

-Ryan? I heard your voice, open the door. -Agatha's voice was full of annoyance. -Open the door, or I will! Don't hurt Lucas! He's a nice person, he's clean!

Ryan creased his eyebrows and looked into Lucas' eyes, demanding an explanation. He took his hand from his mouth and backed away, keeping his aim.

-You two better have a very good explanation for that shit… And you'd better forget her face, her name and her existence entirely after that!

He strode to the door, putting his gun back into its holster while doing so, then yanked the door open.

-Hey… I got your message, big boy! -Agatha smiled from ear to ear, pushing him back by his abdomen to get him out of her way while she got inside the apartment and looked around, scrutinizing Lucas' small living room. -Good Lord, is it that the apartments here are too expensive, cops don't get enough cash, or you're just a grand penny-pincher, Lucas? You really need an upgrade in… Oh, is that Chinese I'm smelling? Perfect! I'm a bit hungry!

And so, she just ran to where Lucas was standing, leaning on the wall, covered in sweat, still trying to catch his breath, took him by the hand, then sat by the table, pulling his arm down to force him to sit by her left.

-Won't you eat too, my dear brother? -She tilted her head and patted the chair to her right. -C'mon, Ryan, you can't just stand there and stare at me, it won't make me go away. Put on a better face and come have dinner with me. Now.

After her brief dance with Domenico, Belle felt as if she was already free. It hurt to realize that, although Domenico was someone close to Ryan, she couldn't reach him directly through him. She hadn't been able to say everything she wanted to, because Daniel was paying close attention to them.

But Domenico was a resourceful man. In one of the turns during the dance, he had leaned over her and had whispered in her ear.

-The time is now, bambina. A short message for the man you love. And something I should know about this place. -Domenico turned again, very fast, leaning her back on his forearm. -Be brief if you can, that rat won't let you out of his sight for long.

Only then Belle realized that his body was shielding her from Daniel's eyes, with a good excuse for that. She looked around and fortunately the two men watching them were their allies, Bob and Jack. She knew that former was Vincenzo's employee, so it would be natural that his boss’ father would know him. That made Belle wonder if Jack too had something to do with Domenico and Vincenzo.

-Tell him that I love him, so so much, and I miss him, and I know he'll find me. Tell him not to come, though, just send people here, he'll be in danger if he comes. -Domenico rolled his eyes and spun her around, then turned his body, but only for a brief moment, standing in front of her again. -Tell him I'm sorry for betraying his trust. I know it will be hard for him to forgive me, but I really didn't mean to hurt him, I thought I…

-Calma. Brief, I said. Any information?

-I'm trying to get the coordinates to get here, I have someone that can transmit it, please tell him to pay attention to Daniel's blog. -Belle sighed. -Also, we have forty-three women suffering abuse and at least another eleven living with our allies as their spouses. They are concentrated in the underground level of north, east and west towers. There are prisoners under the south tower, but I'm not sure if there are people on our side there. We also have several babies and toddlers on the third floor of the east tower.

Domenico creased his eyebrows, and she couldn't be sure if he was confused and hadn't been able to memorize what she had said or if he was just overwhelmed by the information itself.

After that, they didn't talk anymore, he led her back upstairs, they ate while Daniel engaged in a monologue about their business. Probably feeling encouraged by the renewed hope, she rebuked him a couple of times about some things he was proposing that wouldn't fit his “Christian's values”. At first Daniel tried to keep his composure, pretending to find her attitude jokingly, but when he had enough, she was sent away to her room. Corey took her arm to help her get down the stairs, making her involuntarily flinch away.

-What got into you? Why are you startled? -He frowned at her, and she just shrugged, then tried to go down on her own, but he clicked his tongue and pulled her close. -Stop being stubborn, your legs are shaking like jelly since that weirdo opened his mouth. Are you ok?

-I don't need help, I'm ok. -She glared at him. -If you really want to help, get me the number of digits on his password!

Corey gave her a severe look, to warn her to keep her voice low. He had done it several times that night, which had made Belle get into a really bad mood toward him.

-You might be excited to hear… -Corey leaned over her as he helped her down the first step. He waited until they were out of Daniel's range of vision, then whispered near her ear. -Not only did I get the number of digits, but I got a glimpse of the first number.

Belle's eyes flung open and her jaw dropped. Corey turned his head to check behind him, then gave her an honest smile. She had to hold herself not to giggle and jump with excitement.

-I also talked to someone… I wasn't sure I could trust him, didn't know if he would be on our side… -Corey murmured as they walked down the corridor. The two guards upfront walked into the elevator and Bob and Jack waited with them. -He is sick of this too. Thinks that Daniel is gonna kill him if he succeeds with his plans… And he didn't believe it would happen till he found out about your prenup. I hope we can make that list get to the FBI before that lunatic forces you to marry him…

-It's only in March. We'll be at his trial by then. -Belle shrugged, feeling confident. -How did he know about the prenup?

-Daniel published it somewhere. He also announced he'll have it framed and it will be in exhibit at your party. -Corey got into the elevator, taking her and Jack, and leaving Bob behind. -Bob, you know what to do. Now, more than ever, I'm trusting our lives on you. Don't let your guard down, ok?

Bob leaned on his good leg to salute him, then gave his back to the elevator before the door closed between them.

But this time, instead of pressing the button six, which would take them to the corridor of the staircase, Corey nodded to Jack, then took a keychain from his pocket. It was held by a retractable cord, and after he used a small key in a keyhole at the bottom of the panel, which Belle had never really noticed its existence, the keychain pulled back on its own. Even then, Corey patted his pocket, just to be sure it was secured.

-So this is it… -Jack sighed. -Shit, I'm gonna shoot him right in his mouth if he…

-He's on our side, relax. -Corey huffed. -Chill.

-Sorry if I'm not as optimistic as you. I think this all is a huge mistake. Your first one, but a big last one. -Belle realized his hands were shaking as he held his AK to his chest, his index finger close to the trigger. -He only cares about himself, he doesn't give a shit…

-Exactly. -Corey cut him. -He knows that Daniel is getting impatient with him. He knows it's just a matter of time before Daniel cuts his throat like he did with the last one, in front of him, by the way. He wants out and we are his only way out.

Jack shook his head slightly, clicking his tongue, but didn't speak again. Belle was apprehensive, although she couldn't exactly guess who they were talking about. She frowned when the elevator indicated they had arrived on floor six in the panel, then the light just went off at the next floor and kept going up, with no indication in the panel.

-Jack, I'm afraid too, I'm not gonna lie to you. But we need him. -Corey moved to stand in front of the door, giving his back to them. -The only other option was to kill him and try to make it on our own, and I'm no murderer. If it blows in my face, make sure I'm the only one who pays. Do your best so Daniel believes you caught me red handed, ok?

-I've been a murderer since I was twelve, you could've asked my help instead. -Jack gave him a crooked smile, even though he couldn't see it. He flinched and gave Belle an apologetic smile. -Don't worry, I've never killed a woman, or a kid. It's business only, I'm not a crazy psychopath.

Belle looked down and nodded. Ryan had killed a child, and she didn't like to think about him like a psychopath. When she had told him it was something that gave her nightmares sometimes, Ryan had explained it was a matter of life or death, and that the kid would take many more lives than one, but hadn't given any other details. It still didn't make sense to her.

-And for what it's worth, Fox. -Jack cleared his throat before murmuring very low as the elevator stopped. -We'll go down together. If he gives us in, I'll go down, but I'll go down swinging… You better shoot them back too and help me take as many of them as we can. If they force us to try to seize this place tonight, we'll go all in. Deal?

Corey winced, then nodded. Jack held out his hand and the cop hesitated but took it and shook it firmly.

-Are you two gonna tell me what this all is about? -Belle bit her lower lip and took a deep breath as they stepped out of the elevator into an all gray room with only an iron door and a small cabin beside it. There were no guards in this room, but Belle spotted a camera in a corner.

-You're about to meet a guy we call the Rat. Your friend Hanna is cooking a riot. If the Rat turns us in to Daniel, that riot starts tonight. -Jack explained quickly, then followed Corey to the door. -And we'll probably all die in it.

Belle frowned. Was Hanna planning a riot behind her back? She had just arrived and was kept locked in their bedroom, how could that be possible?

Corey knocked on the iron door twice, then waited a few seconds and knocked again. A sound indicated that the door was open.

-Shall we? -Corey sighed. -Ladies first.

Jack stood beside the door staring at the elevator. Belle creased her eyebrows, then walked slowly inside, but her legs froze before she could take another step.

-Whatever you decide to do, pal… I mean, if it ends here. I won't blame you if you decide to turn me in, ok? -Corey sighed, putting a hand over her shoulder. -But you're a good guy, and it's an honor to work with you, ok?

-No goodbyes, motherfucker, if he so much as blinks, you shoot his ass off and we take this place, alright? -Jack shook his head and didn't look at him. -And keep that girl alive. If you don't, my boss will play with your guts while you watch it.

Belle frowned, but Corey just pushed her inside the room and closed the door behind him. It was a room full of cabinets, with small lights blinking inside them. They passed by them, then there was another door. Corey knocked again, in the same pattern as before, with the same vigor. There was a sound and he took a deep breath before walking inside, holding Belle's hand to keep her near. They were in a narrow space, between two iron doors. When the one they had come from was closed behind them, a voice came from the speakers on each side.

-You came… And you did bring her. -It sounded like a kid. Like a boy no older than fifteen. Belle gave Corey a questioning stare. -She's hot. I like her. You come out, she comes in.

-That was not what we… -Corey started, but the door opened behind them. -I won't leave her alone with you, Rat. The deal is off. Let's go, Belle.

-Don't you trust me? -Rat scoffed. -I could trap you here. I could summon him, you know I can, I just have to press a button and this fucking place will be blasting with sirens. But I'm not stupid, I want to talk to her first.

-Let's talk then, the three of us. -Corey stared at a camera and pointed at himself, then her, then the camera. -We want the same thing, Rat. We want out.

-I want the money. -Rat snapped back. -You want the girl. I don't want her, I can get hundreds of pussies once I'm out of here, but once he marries her, I know he'll leech me and discard me. I know too much. That's the only reason you're still alive.

-So we agree with something. You need us to get out of here. -Corey frowned. -And we need you to have contact with the people who will come to rescue us. It's a win win, don't make things hard.

-I still don't trust you. You're a pig. Fuck the police, I won't to talk with the billionaire bitch. -Rat was clearly getting impatient. -Sorry for the bitch part, I know you're not, it was just… Sorry, miss.

-Let us in, Rat. -Belle sighed. -Fox is right, everyone will win. I know someone inside the FBI that can help you get a mild penalty, at least I believe he can. I can even get you a good lawyer, would that be fair?

-I'm not getting anywhere near being taken to jail. That's why I want to talk to you, not the cop.

Belle turned to Corey and he shook his head.

-What could he do to me? -Belle shrugged, then whispered. -He's a kid, isn't he?

-I'm not a kid, and I can still hear you. I'm seventeen and I'm screwing the FBI so bad, they are crying for their mammas everyday. -Rat sounded offended. -Look, if you don't want my help, that's fine. I'm closing you in and gonna call Daniel. He'll be thrilled to catch you here, gonna give me at least a year of peace.

Belle stared at Corey, then walked toward the other door and motioned him to get out.

-No. Belle, he'll try to trick you into some sort of shit. -Corey shook his head. -He could trap you in there and get us both killed, for example.

-I could do this now. -Rat pointed out. -I just want to talk with her. If she gets my trust, I'll help you.

-Why can't I come in too? -Corey frowned at the camera again. -If it's just talk, why can't I be there too?

-'Cause I don't trust you, you could decide to “shoot my ass off”.

Corey paused to let out a curse then put both hands up.

-Alright, I could leave my guns out. -He started to take his guns off their holsters. -Would that be enough?

-Get out, you ass! -Rat shouted and the room was filled with thin loud noises from feedback. -Are you gonna wait till that pervert gets needy and comes after her again? They are literally about to snort a line from a chick's butt right now. You have, what, one hour, before he feels guilty?

Corey pressed his lips then looked at Belle.

-It's alright. -She nodded.

-No, it's not. -Corey shook his head. -She's coming in with a gun, it's that ok for you? Just in case you don't keep your distance.

-No. She comes clean, like me. -Rat scoffed. -I'm the boss here, not you. But I won't hurt her, don't worry. She's my piggy bank. I need her safe and sound.

-It's alright, go. -Belle nodded.

-I don't really think it is, but… -Corey stepped back at the door. -If he tries to push buttons, do your thing. And scream. I hope I can come and help you.

-I won't need help, I'll be fine. Just wait for me, ok? -Belle shook her head and motioned him to close the door. -Thank you for trusting me. It's alright, I'll give him money and whatever help I can to keep him out of jail. He'll help us, that's what matters.

-She's hot and smart. I like her even better. Close the door, pig. -Rat's voice echoed before Corey grunted in frustration and closed the door. -Now, princess… Let's talk. I heard you need me to transmit a message for you, but I can do so much more. We'll be friends.

The door in front of her gave a loud click, different from the others, then slowly opened on its own, into the wall.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2023
  7. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We have a chapter, yay :p next one will be a headblowing, I hope, but I'll take even longer to finish it, so, please, be patient.
    I'm really needing suggestions for this chapter's name and song... So, if you good souls, could, please, help me get one, I'll be veeeery thankful.

TZia, arinzone and imeren like this.
  8. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is so good, the anticipation is killing me:p
    Can’t wait for the next chapter:love::love:

9. arinzone

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to roll over and read with smile. Thx vincenzo. Im stuck to suggest a song for this chapter. Hope others can help..thx loveee:meowpuffymelt::blobdoggoheart:

GiBro likes this.
  10. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m not as talented or as creative as our dear author @GiBro when it comes to naming chapters with songs but I could suggest “Take what comes” (Walking the Wire) by Imagine Dragons.

11. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's perfect! :love: in a way it translates the situation not only of Ryan and Belle, but of Vincenzo to Ryan, Ryan to Agatha etc ;)
    Thank you!

arinzone, TZia and Riiii like this.
  12. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Glad I could be of help:)
    I am dying to read the next chapter:love:

13. arinzone

Reading List:
    Link
    And now im listening to song..again and again:ROFLMAO::D:whistle:

TZia likes this.
  14. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear readers,
    I have awful news to share. My other had a stroke this Friday night/today's morning(everything is "fine", it was a TIA and she's talking and moving normally already, but is in UCI now.
    This obviously is affecting my routine, and will at least throughout this week.

Please, don't worry, she's fine and the hospital crew is being very attentive, she's doing a lot of exams and all, for now everything is under control.
    I just thought I should tell you so you understand if I'm away for a few days, ok?

15. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My dear author @GiBro, please take time to be with your loved one. I wish her a quick a total recovery. My thoughts and prayers are with you both:love::love::love:

16. Riiii

Riiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I pray for her quick recovery
    Take your time to be with her. Our prayers are with you and your family

GiBro and arinzone like this.
  17. arinzone

Reading List:
    Link
    Pray good health for your mother. I also taking care of my mild stroke mother for 4 years.
    Hope you doing fine. Please do take care of yourself too.. Send mu warmest regard to mom.:blobkiss::blobkiss:

imeren, Riiii and GiBro like this.
  18. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear readers,
    My mother is ok, she's back home. She had a TIA (transient ischaemic attack), and didn't get lasting symptoms or sequelae.
    I didn't write or thought about the book during this week (I'm actually needing to compensate some sleep time :sleep:), but I'll do my best to catch on this weekend.
    Thank you for your patience and support, I miss you a lot, and I can't wait to post their reunion and their time together after it.

19. Riiii

Riiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm so glad that she's fine. Don't pressurize yourself now thinking about the book. I'm sure belle and Ryan are okay and are ready to wait for a few more days. Take care of your health now. Stay safe author

arinzone, GiBro, TZia and 1 other person like this.
  20. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am so glad and relieved that your mom is okay. I’m sure it was stressful for you. Please take your time, we can wait:love:

arinzone, GiBro and Riiii like this.