Novel ✪ Memory Corruption (R-18) (Book 1 and 2 Finished) (Book 3 on release now)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GiBro, Jul 2, 2021.

1. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dear readers,
    Hope you're all doing fine =) we'll have a new chapter tomorrow :love:
    Thank you for your patience and support

2. Riiii

Riiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy that you're back. How is your mother's health?

3. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice to see you back. I hope that both you and your mother are doing well:love:

4. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 20

-Ok, Kevin, I think I got what you mean… -Belle sighed. She was terrified about Daniel finding out she wasn't in her room yet and of what he could do to the men who had helped her act behind his back. She just wanted to go, but Kevin, aka Rat, didn't seem to care about her hurry. -You have my word, I'll do my part. But for that, I need you to do yours.

-It will be done, my dear new friend, you just need to say when. Like I said, the best day is on Christmas… His bodyguards will all be there, most of the knights will be there... -Kevin reclined in his chair. -I'm telling you, it's either today, or on your party's day, or on Christmas night. You won't have this corridor as empty as today often, trust me.

Belle sighed again. She didn't know if she could trust this boy, and certainly didn't want to have to wait till Christmas to send Ryan the message.

-I was planning to do it a few days after my party. -She pressed her lips. Her plan was to send the times and dates of the investor's departure as soon as it happened, so the FBI could quickly triangulate their location and catch Daniel off guard. They had several names already, with landing and departure times, but her party would provide something new: famous people's names. She guessed those would be easier to track. -Can't we just create a distraction and…

-I won't risk getting caught. -Kevin frowned. -That corridor must be empty and I need to be away from here. Those are the only opportunities we'll have with those variables. Your money is worth nothing to me if he realizes I've helped you.

Belle nodded slightly, although she still didn't agree with him. She had a plan, and she would follow her own instincts. If there was an opportunity to get to this room before Christmas, she would do that.

-He's gonna kill you if he catches you, you know that, don't you? It's part of his vow to his followers: he won't ever be arrested. He says he'll either be victorious or killed. -The boy made a face. -What is in that message anyway? Are you sure you don't want my help writing it? Why don't you just give me the coordinates so I can transmit it directly to the FBI right now? You said you have his password… It would be a great opportunity to test it. If his moles find out about the message, it won't be easy for me to intercept their warning… You're risking a lot by encrypting it. What if the FBI can't get your cypher? What if they take too long and Daniel acts before they get our location?

-I'm sure they will get the cypher. And I'm sure Daniel won't. No machine will either. -Belle headed for the door. -Don't get me wrong, Kevin, but I prefer that you don't know every detail, for your own safety and mine. Could you, please, let me go now?

-No. I gave you a lot, you gave me nothing yet. I showed you how to send the message. I showed you how to get into that agent's account and post it directly in their system. I taught you every single thing you asked. -Kevin got up and leaned toward her, forcing her to lean back against the door. He was taller than her, although not much. When he put his hand beside her head to lean on the wall, she noticed the scars in his thin pale wrist. -Now, princess, tell me why I should believe that your plan will work. Why are you so sure that the FBI will be able to translate your code? And why wouldn't I be able to?

Belle hesitated. Kevin reached out and took a lock of her hair, then pulled it gently. When he brought it to his nose to sniff it and exhaled through his mouth she felt his damp stinky breath, like sewage, which indicated he either had a bad case of infection or a stomach problem. One of her aunt's boyfriend had that same bad breath due to terrible ulcers caused by stress and anxiety. Needless to say that being in a relationship with her aunt hadn't helped a bit with his condition, and neither did the countless sleeping pills.

-Are you gonna tell me or will I have to hold you here all night? -He pointed to a monitor to her right and shook his head. -He must really need that guy's help… Never saw him stay inside for so long after the hookers got in. But, I wonder how long he'll take it. He must be thinking about you, right now…

-I have a friend there, and we have a cipher only he knows about… -Belle pressed her lips. -That's all I'm gonna say, let me go.

-Please tell me that that friend of yours isn't Ryan Alexander Desmond. -Kevin rolled his eyes, then scoffed when she flinched. -’Cmon, are you really putting our lives in the hands of that crazy bastard? What if he gets himself killed in one of his random attempts of finding out where Daniel is? He's been poking some wasp nests lately…

-W-what do you mean? -Belle was out of words. -Does Daniel know? Does Daniel know about him?

That was all she needed to know. If Daniel had found out that Ryan was alive, that meant he was looking for him. And by what Kevin was telling her, Ryan wasn't hiding. On the contrary, he was exposing himself.

-Hell, no. If he finds out that pig is alive, he's gonna make me hunt him again. -The boy grimaced and looked away. -I've avoided getting directly involved with cops’ deaths till now, I'm not gonna risk getting perpetual for that asshole’s pride.

Belle couldn't hide the relief on her face. Kevin gave her a curious look, and she realized he didn't have a clue about their relationship.

-How did you know that I know Ryan?

She had to be sure. She wanted so much to ask him about how he was doing, to ask him to make sure Ryan would be safe, but she couldn't risk accidentally giving the hacker a new way of blackmailing her, especially if it would bring harm to the man she loved.

-Well, I know Trevor struggled a lot to maintain the websites up, the ones offering the rewards for anyone who could capture or kill him. I know Daniel only did that because he kidnapped you. Except he didn't, right? -Kevin backed away from her and eyed her up and down. -Did you two…? I saw his pictures, he's somewhat between Taylor Lautner and Henry Cavill, right? You like big men, uh?

Belle blushed and shook her head. Before she could find the words to deny it, the boy dismissed her with a wave of his hand.

-Whatever, I don't really give a shit for it. -He shrugged. -The point is that I don't want any cop's help, but I definitely don't want that guy's help. I think nothing could be more dangerous than a corrupt murderer with a badge.

-He's not corrupt! Or a murderer, for the record. He's…

-Oh, cut it. I know things about him that would make your blood freeze. -He rolled his eyes, then looked at her as if she was an innocent child. -Now, if you don't want to know the details, give me what I want: what exactly is your plan?

-You said you don't want to be in danger. The less you know, the better. I'm gonna send them information that will provide our location. I will encrypt it myself. Won't use your code. -When he frowned, she explained. -You said it yourself, that computer was here long before you, you can't be sure Daniel doesn't have a way of getting the original message if I type it directly. And he won't know the key song, so even if he tries to get it, it will be too late, they'll be here before he knows.

Kevin thought about it, then walked back to the keyboard.

-Alright. And you're sure you can guess his password, right? -He checked the cameras again. -Oh shit, he's coming up, get the fuck out of here. Now!

Belle turned and ran out as soon as the door opened. When she got out of the outer doorway, she didn't have to say a word. As soon as Corey spotted her red cheeks and the way she was trying to hold the hem of her dress up to walk faster, he immediately took her hand and started to run. The gate opened with a click and Jack straightened his back while pressing the button repeatedly, as if it could make the elevator come up faster.

-What happened? -Jack huffed, then turned to get in the elevator even before the door was completely open. -Did he set us up?

-No, Daniel is coming. -Belle tried to catch her breath while the elevator was coming down. They walked out and walked fast, since Belle was unable to run. -I think I'm gonna take my shoes off…

-No need to. Excuse me. -Corey muttered before bending down and taking her in his arms before she could pull away. -I'm sorry, but running up the stairs, either with those shoes or bare feet, would be like begging for an accident.

Belle tried to ignore the fact that she couldn't breathe while he practically jumped upstairs in a dead run, with her face getting hit by his shoulder repeatedly while he smothered her by squeezing her torso against his chest.

-What the hell? -Bob blurted as soon as he spotted them. He was standing by her apartment's door, his face wet with sweat. -He's almost here, and why the hell are you carrying her like this, do you have a death wish?

-She couldn't run! Are the girls inside? -Corey was panting. Bob nodded and opened up the door for Belle as soon as she had both feet on the floor. -Good, go and get into your nightwear. For all that matters, you've been sleeping soundly.

-Thank you, but we still need to talk. -Belle nodded and got in.

That night Daniel got into Belle's room, apparently with the intention to cuddle with her. When his arms wrapped around a larger body, though, he got outraged and would have beaten Mia, hadn't Belle shielded her friend's body with her own. A couple of minutes later, Corey got in, followed by Hanna, who was trembling from head to toes and crying silently.

After some heated rounds of offenses and threats, Daniel finally admitted he shouldn't be inside her room in the first place and went away, leaving Corey behind. Since he was already there, Belle decided to finally talk with him about the password.

-Ok, so, how many digits and what's the first number?

-Twenty-four digits. And it starts with six. It also ends with a bunch of zeros. -Corey sighted. -At least six. I think. I might be wrong about the zeros, I must admit.

-How did you see all that? -Belle was amazed. -Didn't you risk too much?

-He was drunk and high. I was impressed when the door opened. -Corey grinned and Mia chuckled at his boyish expression. -Whatever it means, it must be something important for him, cause he always gets it right on the first try, even when he's out of earth.

-Well, now I only have to think about all the possible religious numbers involving the number six and twenty four… -Belle sighed and looked up, trying to remember the classes. -I guess it would make sense: “The Lord bless you and keep you”. It sounds protective, right? Makes sense to have it as a password.

-It sure does! -Corey nodded vigorously, then let out a groan. -Sorry for not being of much help with that part… I'm glad I got it right, at least. I'll leave you to it. I could test it tomorrow when he takes me to send the message about that weirdo's departure.

-Vincenzo isn't a weirdo, I like him. -Belle glared at him before she could stop herself. Only when he frowned and tilted his head, though, she realized she had said more than too much. -Domenico. It's his name. I'm bad with names…

-And you guessed exactly his son’s name? -Corey scoffed. -You'd better not make that mistake in front of Daniel.

-He told me his son's name. -She took a deep breath and checked his face, to see if he was believing her. -While we danced, he said he had a son named Vincenzo…

-Cut the crap. Daniel might take the whole “money makes miracles” bullshit and believe that the guy is in his forties, but I knew he wasn't who he said he was right away. -He glared at her and shook his head. -In fact, I don't know if Daniel really believes that he is Domenico. For what I've heard it has something to do with that ring of his, he could be Justin Bieber and Daniel would still be willing to lick his boots for his support.

-What do you know about that ring? Do you know how he got it? -Belle was genuinely curious, in fact almost eager to know about it.

-He didn't explain, and by the way he looked at me when I asked about it, I guess I shouldn't do it again. But don't think I'll let it go, where do you know Vincenzo from? -He took her chin with his thumb and index finger, forcing her to look into his eyes, then immediately took his hand away. -His father and him, they both are dangerous and have a reputation. Counterterrorism and narcotics would want a piece of them, if they could get to them. We didn't have a face, but if you can confirm this is really him, I'm gonna have him hunt down, once I'm out of here. We'll take the whole family down if we can.

-Don't do that. -Belle murmured and looked away. -I don't know him, never met him before. But forget his face, he wants to help us get out of here safely.

-He probably wants your money. Or your status. -Corey insisted, pulling her chin again. -Ross, this isn't funny! He's the closest thing to a serial killer mixed with a godfather you're gonna find in this country. Don't go and trust in everyone that smiles at you.

They sat in silence, glaring at each other. Hanna was pretending to be asleep, lying with her back to them on the other side of the bed, but everyone knew she was still wide awake. Mia looked from Corey to Belle, sensing her tense state, and cleared her throat.

-I think Belle must be tired… -She got up and Corey absentmindedly did the same. -Goodnight.

-Right, there's someone I need to meet anyway… -Corey rubbed his eyes and Belle could tell he was tense, even more than he had been during the whole night. After a brief moment of hesitation, he huffed. -Isabelle… There's something I've been wanting to ask you…

She waited, but he wouldn't talk. He looked at Mia, then to Hanna's back, hinting that he didn't feel comfortable talking in front of them, so she got up too and followed him to the living room. Corey closed the door and lowered his voice to almost a whisper.

-Why didn't you ask about her yet? -He frowned. Belle tilted her head, uncertain of what he could be talking about. -Destiny. You're so empathetic when it's about other people, but you never cared to ask me about it. I just want to know, why? Is it just that you don't give a shit about me or you have something against her?

Belle was surprised by his words. He seemed to be hurt and angry at the same time.

-I… It's not that, Corey. I just thought it wasn't my place. -She creased her eyebrows. -I'm sorry, but when you didn't say anything, I assumed the worst… Your mood just got worse and worse after that day, so I thought…

-That's bullshit! You made things to get me angry at you, but I'm not stressed out. -He shook his head. -Anyway, answer my question. Do you trust her? Do you see her as your enemy?

Belle thought about it. Ryan trusted Diana to an extent, at least more than he would usually do with other people. Still, Diana hated her. Belle wouldn't go out of her way to harm the woman, but she couldn't say it would be the same the other way around.

-I don't know, Corey… I know you like her, but I can't trust her. -She shrugged and looked at the door, hoping he would let it go. -Did they bring her here? Is she alright?

-What if I told you she wants to help us? -Corey sighed. -She wants to talk to you, but she's afraid you'll pit Daniel against her.

-I would never do that. Tell her she doesn't need to worry, I mean her no harm. I just want her to stay away from Ryan and stop trying to flirt with him, that's all. -Belle blushed, then looked away, realizing that she was indeed still annoyed with the woman. -I think she should stop chasing taken men and focus her efforts on single ones instead. By the way, you too should be ashamed… It's not like you being held here would justify cheating. You're not an animal, you should be able to hold on for a few months at least.

Her disgusted glare only grew colder when he frowned.

-What the hell are you talking about? Really, I don't even know where to start! -Corey let his voice raise a bit, but immediately turned it into a heated whisper. It actually sounded like hissing. -Well, Miss “I'm good all the time and above judgment in all situations”, you got everything fucking wrong! She's not into Desmond, not one bit! They had a thing and it ended badly. She feels guilty, that's all, she cares about him and wants to compensate for the pain she caused him.

Belle scoffed and looked away, which only made Corey get even angrier.

-You don't know the whole story, you don't know one bit of it, and you know why? Because she trusted me enough to tell me the whole truth, ugly parts, nice parts. She exposed herself in a way Desmond will never do to you, even if you two last, which I honestly don't believe will happen, ‘cause that motherfucker would never allow himself to be happy that easily! -He kept staring at her, giving her a break for her to think about what he had just thrown at her. Belle took a step back and crossed her arms over her chest. It hurt, mostly because she knew it was true. She didn't know much about Ryan's past, and he'd never show signs that he ever would want to share it with her. -And, for your information, I'm not cheating on anyone. Destiny is the closest one I ever had to a girlfriend. Not that it's anyone's business, it certainly isn't yours!

Belle blushed, but decided to explain herself anyway.

-You said you had a sister in law… -She murmured, avoiding looking at him.

-My brother's wife. -He scoffed. -Dumbass.

-Oh. I'm sorry… -Belle pressed her lips and winced. -I'm sorry for assuming… I just… She was hitting on Ryan, I swear it's not jealousy, she sat on his lap, and kissed him.

-They were undercover. She wasn't trying to seduce him or anything… And before you say some other shit, we were not together at that time. We took a break before she left. -He shrugged. -I was hoping she wouldn't be brought back ever, and I didn't want her to wait for me. The odds were that Daniel would eventually kill me, ‘cause I know too much, so… But she's back and wants to try and take things to another level, if we get out alive.

Belle raised her head to look at him. She couldn't understand how their relationship worked. Maybe she was too possessive, but the idea of Ryan doing the things Diana had done, even if supposedly staged, made her stomach churn and her chest hurt.

Still, Corey didn't seem to care at all, and apparently Diana had told him everything about it. She wondered if he knew about her talk with Ryan inside his study. That one didn't sound staged, and had no reason to be. But then again, Corey had made it clear that Belle had no place talking about their relationship, so she decided to keep it to herself.

-Ok, Corey, I get it. Sorry if I offended you. Tell her I mean no harm to her and that it's ok if she wants to talk, I'll listen. -Belle sighed. -You must be tired, at least I am… Let's call it a day, please?

-I didn't mean to hurt you, about Desmond… I'm sorry. -Corey raised his arm to touch her shoulder, but she backed away. -I hope you two work.

-We will. -She nodded, but the sting in her throat let her know that she wasn't that sure. -Goodnight. And thank you, again, for helping me.

Corey nodded and walked away. She wanted to ask him about what had happened between Ryan and Diana, but was sure Ryan wouldn't be ok with it, so decided to wait until he decided to tell her. She hoped that day would come.

Belle dragged herself back to the bed and Mia held her, stroking her back.

-I know you don't want to talk about it, but I'm guessing Vincenzo is close to Ryan… It sounds like someone he would relate to. -She whispered in her ear. -I don't really know Ryan, but if he is always like he was the only time I spoke with him through the phone, I'm sure he will find a way of keeping that cop from harming his friend. Don't worry.

Belle gave her friend a kind smile. She couldn't share Ryan's secrets with anyone, not even someone she would share her own secrets with, like Mia. She laid down, but thoughts of Diana, Ryan, Vincenzo, Kevin and Daniel kept bothering her, and she couldn't find a comfortable position. Mia sat up and stroked her hair.

-Are you alright? -She murmured. -Do you want to talk?

-I can't sleep. -She sighed, sitting up. -I need to think about the possibilities, about Daniel's password…I'm gonna go get the Bible…

-I don't really think it has anything to do with the Bible, though. -Mia put her index finger over her lower lip. Belle paused and creased her eyebrows, waiting. -I mean, by what you told me, religion isn't his only obsession… He's also obsessed with chemistry, for example.

Belle thought about it, then raised her head and let a wide smile spread on her lips.

-You're a genius, Mia! -She leaned and kissed the girl's cheek, making her blush. -I can't believe it, it was right there and I couldn't see it!

-Wait, I didn't yet get what it is, it's just an idea, like… -The girl shook her head, blushing. -I'm not really into STEM, I'm clueless about anything related to Math or those things, sorry… Maybe it's some message written with the chemical elements symbols, but using their atomic numbers, I don't know…

-No, Mia, really, you got it just right. It's much more simple, actually. -Belle grinned. -And Daniel is just an arrogant ass. It's Avogadro constant.

-I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. But I'm sure you're right. -Mia nodded slightly. -What now? Are you gonna tell Fox about it? I don't think you should… I don't really trust him.

-No, I won't tell anyone. You shouldn't, either, please. The same goes to you, Hanna, for all effects, you must not tell anyone that we know his password, ok? -They both stared at her for a while, but the girl kept pretending to be asleep. Belle was worried about Hanna. She had been feeling sick for days now, throwing up or complaining of cramps. Still, for the past three days, she had gradually become lethargic, something that was absolutely not normal for her. -Hanna, are you alright? Do you need something?

But the girl kept ignoring them, so Belle just shrugged and laid down to sleep. Mia hesitated, staring at their backs for a long time before giving up, but ended up sleeping between them.

The day of Belle's party finally arrived. Heaven showed up to get blood samples from Belle, Hanna and Mia. She wouldn't tell her why, but later, when Daniel came to see her, he explained she would meet too many people that night and the days that would follow, and he needed to be sure that she was healthy enough to do so and to take precautions in case she was not.

-Those two dogs could contaminate you. Since you're letting them sleep with you in the bed, we need to be sure that at least they won't give you a disease. -He glared at Mia, then looked around for Hanna and let out a displeased grunt when he spotted Hanna lying over Belle's bed. -I think I'm gonna get them a room nearby.

They argued over the idea and Belle convinced him not to take the girls away. She was behaving well, doing everything he asked her to, so she deserved to have the company of her friends. He didn't seem to agree, but his face told her he felt guilty for something and he let it be for the moment.

They also discussed Belle's schedule. At first Daniel tried to prohibit the classes during that week, claiming that it was too dangerous for her to walk around while dozens of investors and their “advisors” were staying at the Palace and that she wouldn't have energy or time to give those classes.

They argued for more than one hour until Belle finally convinced him to allow Mia and Hanna to preach for the girls during her absence. Unfortunately, since most knights would be occupied with Belle's and Daniel's protection, lower ranked knights would be appointed to supervise and escort the girls.

Right on the first day, Mia had the misfortune of meeting Wolf, the knight who had left Belle at Coyote’s mercy and got away with it. Aside from the fact that he was absolutely disrespectful and mean with her and the other girls, Mia complained about him putting his hand over her thighs during the car trip back to the palace. He had also touched her butt while they were climbing up the stairs to get back to the room, under the pretext of forcing her to walk faster.

-Please, Corey… -Belle pouted while she tried to untangle her hair. It was the second day of “her celebration” and she was exhausted. All she wanted was to sleep and wake up only by the end of the week, when the investors would be leaving already. -He makes them feel unsafe. Isn't there a way of getting rid of him for good?

-You mean like killing him? -Bob mused. Belle turned to him and shook her head vigorously. -Why not? To be honest I regret not taking the opportunity while we were dueling… I didn't think he would be such a coward. I don't think he's gonna dispute a girl again so soon, though…

-What do you mean? Did you two fight? -Belle turned to him while trying to pull another hairpin from her scalp. The maids had missed three till now. -Was it him who hurt your leg? How?

Bob nodded, then huffed.

-There's this very young chick… She looks a lot like my friend's lil sis. I knew that Wolf would jump to the opportunity of having her as soon as I spotted her on the line… I knew he would do anything to win, but I had to do something. -Bob shrugged. -I wiped the floor with him. But he begged me to stop and when I bent down to help him to his feet, he tried to stab me in my stomach. It was a near miss… But, as you can see, he did hit me. I kicked his face bloody, until he passed out. Should've killed him.

-Did you rescue the girl? -Hanna tilted her head. -Is she alright?

-Yep. She's a prick, complains all the time, but I try to be cool… The other women are helping her to adapt. -Bob said nonchalantly, then realized the girls were judging him for his remark. -It's not easy for me either, ok? Three women, when you grew up without a single one around… It's just that you girls talk too much, all the time. Nevermind.

He started to mumble, but Mia and Belle frowned, and Corey looked alway, so he immediately realized he was outnumbered and that anything he said about it would sound offensive. He took a deep breath and cleared his throat.

-Anyway, yeah, I should've killed him…

-No, you shouldn't. -Belle shook her head. -He'll answer to the law, not us. I don't even understand how you can talk about taking a person's life like it means nothing… Killing him won't mend what he did.

-Right, and putting him in a cell for a while will, right? -Bob scoffed. -People like him don't ever mend. He knew what he was signing up for. He's done, the only uncertainty is when.

Hanna was nodding slightly, but Mia had a crease between her eyebrows that indicated she wasn't entirely sure of what she thought about it.

-What makes you think you should be the one to decide who lives or dies, Bob? What if he thinks the same about you and decides to do it to you? -Belle shook her head and looked around, seeking support from the others. Corey nodded and Mia sighed, but nodded slightly too. -An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind…

-Fine! I won't try to explain it to you, Belle, because you just won't get it! Try talking to Desmond about it, maybe he'll do a better job explaining. -Bob frowned, getting up and heading to the door. -He would back me up with this, by the way. The world is ugly, Belle, not everyone is willing to give you a second chance, you know? Sometimes you need to do bad things to do the right thing.

With Bob gone, Belle kept trying to persuade Corey to help her and ensure Wolf would not be appointed to the task anymore. Still, he told her there was nothing he could do.

He explained that Wolf was working hard to climb up ranks and it would sound suspicious if he were suddenly left out.

-There is a way, but you won't like it… -Corey shrugged. -Snitch on him. Tell Daniel the truth about what happened in the Plates and he's gonna put him away.

-You know he won't just put him away. He'll kill him. -Belle bit her lower lip and looked away. -I would be the one to blame for that.

-No you wouldn't. -Hanna murmured. -And the world would be better with one less rapist in it.

Her voice was very weak and she looked like she had been losing sleep, although she had slept a lot that week. The nausea too seemed to be getting worse. Belle had hoped that the blood test would be enough to identify whatever was wrong with her, but by Daniel's report, the three of them were perfectly fine.

-No. I need you to find another way, please. -Belle ignored Hanna's words, turning back to Corey. -Tell me if there is anything I can do to keep him away without getting him hurt or killed.

-It's a matter of time before Daniel promotes him. If that happens, he'll be appointed to watch you, Belle. And he despises you. -Corey shrugged. -You should cut him now. I can't think about another solution, but I can't force you and I know you'll be pissed if I tell Daniel. Still, I think you should…

The door opened, startling them, and they all turned to check who was getting in.

The tanned legs were covered by white pants, the long pitch back hair was held up in a bun, the heavy makeup wasn't there, and Belle could see the dark spots under her eyes, which looked a lot less appealing without the fake eyelashes.

-Hello, my boo. -She smiled at Corey, then turned to Belle, ignoring the other two girls. -Hi, Belle… How are you doing? Baby, I need to talk with her, and with that one… Would you leave us alone for a bit? I think I'll need at least half an hour. Make sure we're not bothered for now, is it possible?

She pointed at Hanna, who seemed confused. Corey sighed and got up.

-Wait. -Belle frowned. -Is that it? She comes and asks you to leave us alone with her and you do as she says?

-Are you afraid of me, Belle? -The woman smiled, looking at her as if she was a puppy. -I've come in peace, I just need to talk with you…

-I'm not afraid of you, Diana, but that doesn't mean I want to be alone with you. -Belle glared at her. -Corey…

-It's alright, I'll be at the door and you can call me if something bothers you, ok? -He sighed. -She just wants to tell you about an idea she had. I agree with it, I think you should listen.

Belle sighed and checked on Mia and Hanna. Mia nodded and moved to sit beside her, holding her hand. Hanna just looked down and nodded.

-Right. -Belle nodded. -But let's make one thing clear, if you offend me or my friends, I want you out.

-I'm not here to offend anyone, Belle. I'm here as your nurse. -Diana shrugged. -Call me Destiny here, please?

Corey touched her arm as he passed by her. Diana pulled him by the hand and smacked a kiss on his lips. He smirked and walked out the door.

-Well… -Diana sighed. -We have to talk about some sensible subjects, so… I guess Belle already told you something about me, but I'm gonna ask you to forget about it for the time being… I'm an experienced and highly skilled nurse, and I've served in the army for five years before working in two of the best-ranked private hospitals of Massachusetts for four years straight. I'm not flexing… I'm telling you this so you understand that I'm here for professional reasons, not to hurt you or bother you in any way…

-What do you mean? -Belle frowned. -What are you talking about, Diana?

-Destiny. The fact that Ryan told you my real name is already stupid enough, but if Daniel hears it, you're gonna put me in danger. -Diana scolded her. -Anyway… I checked your blood tests… You don't need to worry, I've covered up for you both, but there are some measures we need to take to ensure you two are gonna be fine. Especially you, Hanna.

-What are you talking about, Destiny? -Belle insisted.

-I'm talking about pregnancy, Belle. -The woman stared into her eyes as if trying to make the subject sound as natural and peaceful as possible. -In your case, about a terminated pregnancy, to be more precise.

5. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, another mind-blowing chapter(n)
    Just when I think I have a good handle on things, our dear author @GiBro throws in a monkey wrench which has be doubting again:confused:
    It’s clear that Ryan does not have many fans at the palace but what’s up with Corey? He may be there as an under cover agent but I’m doubting again whether he has Ryan and Belle’s best interests at heart. And what’s up with Diana? I just can’t seem to trust her and while Corey may have feelings for her, I think that she is playing him like a fiddle:mad: We know that Ryan hasn’t been completely transparent about his past with Diana, however I don’t think that the story between them is as “clean” as she has Corey believe. I think it goes much deeper than things ended badly and she wants to make amends for the pain that she caused Ryan.
    And the last paragraph blew me away. What’s this about a terminated pregnancy and who was Diana referring to? Hanna, Belle or both? How could pregnancy even be possible at the palace unless something much more shady is going on.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  6. Riiii

Riiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's belle who had an abortion and Hanna who's currently pregnant. But when did belle have the abortion. It's been quiet a few months right since belle's been at the Palace right. I feel she had the abortion a month or two after being abducted.

GiBro and TZia like this.
  7. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Riiii , you are correct, Diana is implying that Belle’s pregnancy was terminated but how is that possible? Was she pregnant when Daniel abducted her and did he induce the abortion when he found out that she was no longer a virgin? And how did she get pregnant? If I recall she was on the pill and Ryan was still insisting on using condoms so that was pretty much close to 100% effective birth control. But when she was at the palace they stopped all of her medication. So did Daniel or someone else violate her and she got pregnant? Did the stress of being at the palace induce the abortion? What about Hanna how did she get pregnant? Was she already pregnant when she was abducted? So many questions and so few answers:cry:
    :cry::cry:
    I hope that our dear author @GiBro will have mercy on us and not wait too long until the next chapter;)

Riiii and GiBro like this.
  8. Riiii

Riiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There must have been some malfunction with the condoms or she must have skipped the pill on several occasions. The abortion could have been cause of the environment at the Palace. The stress, her days of going on hunger strike. Could be anything or even taking the pills during pregnancy can either terminate the pregnancy or make the child retarded..
    Im not sure about Hanna thou. At first I thought she was pregnant at the time of her abduction. But now I'm having second thoughts..‍♀️

9. Riiii

Riiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyways can't wait for the next chapter dear author. And I hope your mother is recovering and doing well.

10. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Riiii , You raise very good points! I’m glad to see that you are waiting with great anticipation as I am for the next chapter!
    @GiBro, will the circumstances of Belle’s and Hanna’s pregnancy be revealed soon? Just looking for a little spoiler here;)

Riiii and GiBro like this.
  11. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, dear readers :love::love::love::love:
    I've tried to write this comment a handful of times now, but something always comes up and I have to leave my phone aside, and when I come back the draft is gone :(
    I don't think that's a spoiler, cause it will be explained in next chapter:
    -about the miscarriage, if you count the days you'll see that Belle's bleeding (most likely when she miscarried) happened between 31/10 and 06/11. That means roughly four weeks after she was abducted. She was already pregnant when she got there, I just didn't illustrate the day it happened.
    Belle wouldn't mess up with the pills, it's something that has a schedule and she loves the control. It's just that sometimes pills might fail and she didn't have time to do the checkups she should and go through exams to realize it wasn't working as it should (it theoretically helped control the bleeding).
    Ryan, on the other hand messes up with the condom, and they sometimes start without it or forget completely about it (especially when he's drunk).
    To be honest, I didn't write the situation, but I would think it could've happened before the full cycle, or maybe she messed up for lack of experience with the placebos, I honestly don't know for real, cause I've never used them, but my sister got pregnant for the first time when she was on pills (it is possible that alcohol consumption might have affected the effectiveness, or maybe she screwed up). I just know a good amount of girls who say they were on pills when they got pregnant.

As for Hanna, unfortunately, she got pregnant inside the Palace. Diana will explain further.

As you might have guessed, today's chapter isn't done =\ I'll let you know as soon as I'm finished, and post it. Next one after that we'll have Ryan and Vincenzo, if I don't manage to reduce this one and add that part to the end of this one.

TZia, novelenthusiast1717 and imeren like this.
  12. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ps: I love it when there's a lot of notifications when I open the website xD
    My mother is fine, she's a bit stubborn and is still a bit weak for staying that long in the hospital bed, but at least she really didn't have any side effects from the stroke.
    We had some losses and other issues with close ones and she got affected, so things got worse this last week but she's recovering. Everything will be fine.Thank you for caring :love:

13. BkeKay

BkeKay New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You reminded me of her. On the videos, I mean, that's why I spent my time watching it. I was just curious to understand what the resemblance was. -He said after a while. -You had nothing in common, to be honest, the more I know you, the less I understand why I felt like that. Maybe it's the way you laugh, it's kind of… No, I don't think that's it. But something made me wanna watch it, I wasn't willing to invade your privacy or stalk you.