Novel ✪ Memory Corruption (R-18) (Book 1 and 2 Finished) (Book 3 on release now)

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by GiBro, Jul 2, 2021.

1. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a little grammatical correction in Chapter 36, reminiscent should be remnant, so the sentence should read ….without even checking if there was any remnant shard in it.

GiBro likes this.
  2. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ty =D
    Ps: in Portuguese it's "remanescentes" or "restante"

Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    TZia likes this.
  3. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I figured it was a translation issue:)“Reminiscent” has a completely different meaning in English, it means resemblance or reminding of something.

GiBro likes this.
  4. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, in Portuguese it's the same meaning and it's written "reminiscente", very similar xD it was a confusion with the word in Portuguese combined with sleepiness, probably =P but thank you very much for seeing it, I'd never realize it because the words are too similar in Portuguese

imeren likes this.
  5. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Today's chapter is a Ryan's POV =. (just preparing you)

imeren and TZia like this.
  6. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does this mean that we are getting a chapter from Ryan’s gaiden or is chapter 38 from Ryan’s POV?

GiBro and imeren like this.
  7. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 38 is entirely narrated from Ryan's POV

8. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Awesome(y)(y)(n)
    I am a little concerned that you felt compelled to warn us ahead of time:D:D:D
    Can’t wait to read it!

GiBro and imeren like this.
  9. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 38

Ryan sighed as he parked outside the house that looked like a mansion. He couldn't be sure if it was a frat house or someone's parents house but by the amount of trash scattered at the yard, someone would have a heavy work to do in the morning to clean it all up.

Ok… I'm not getting in there to pick you up. Answer the fucking phone, Belle. He had called eight times already.

Maybe she's just giving me a hard time to get back at me for not answering her calls early… He sighed and got out of the car. His whole body hurt, but the worst part was the mental fatigue.

He had never felt good after acting under cover, but this time it had been way worse and he knew exactly why: this time he feared more for her than for himself. If he had made a mistake, if he had blown his disguise, they'd get her too, there would be absolutely nothing he could do to save himself or her.

He missed terribly having a team to work with... But since he didn't have one anymore, he had to rely on those mercenaries, whom he couldn't care less if they died.

The windows were huge, so he could scan the whole living room and look for her among the other students. She was smaller than any of the other girls, especially because most of them were wearing high heels. She also had remarkably long hair, with a unique color, so it wouldn't be hard to spot her, even if she had her back to him and was mixed in the crowd. There was the fact that she was hot, too. Her hourglass shaped body made eyes be drawn toward her, so paying attention to where men were leering at could help find her.

She wasn't anywhere. His heart started to race. No, I'm just too tired. She's here, I just haven't spotted her yet. He rubbed his eyes and called her phone again.

Ryan threw his head back and looked up, almost just to stretch his neck. The cellphone almost slipped from his hand.

Fuck, no. No, hell no… He felt a bunch of emotions hit him at once and his ears rang. Anger overtook. At the second floor, leaning against the balcony with her legs spread wide, the five feet tall girl was being held firmly against the tall blond man's body while they kissed passionately. Her jeans and panties were hanging on one of her legs, but her ass was fairly covered by her long dark hair since her head was up and her back was arched while the guy thrust his hips hard against her. Her tiny body swung dangerously back and forth at the edge of the rail.

-Fucking son of a bitch! - He growled under his breath. His mind raced and darted in all directions as he tried to decide what he would do. There were so many things he needed to sort out before making a decision, that he felt overwhelmed.

First of all, how the hell did that happen? They were still “together” and even if they weren't, she wasn't the type to do those kinds of things, starting by having sex with a stranger, then doing it in public, and in a dangerous place like that. No, it couldn't have been a conscious decision.

From that perspective, he couldn't just turn his back and leave her there, as his first instinct had told him to do. No, if she had been drugged, he had to rescue her. He would give her hell later, for not following his instructions and somehow letting someone insert the drug in her system, but at least she wouldn't be cheating on him. Or would she? He was so angry at her that he didn't believe he could forgive her, conscious or not. He had promised himself a long time ago that he would never go through something like that ever again. He didn't have to endure this kind of shit again, he was fine before her and would be fine after her.

Ryan forced himself to look up once more. The guy was big, probably as much as himself. He could have forced her to drink something or injected it in her by subduing her. A selfish part of him wished that was the case, but he quickly put it down. He would rather have her being a dirty whore than knowing someone hurt her.

Right… I can't kill him, but I think I can get away with kicking him down the balcony. He huffed as he circled the house to get in through the back door. No one would know it had been him, he just had to be quick and silent.

As he walked, Ryan wondered what was wrong with him. Why the fuck couldn't he fall for someone decent at least once? He didn't think he was asking for too much, he just wanted to have someone trustworthy by his side.

-Ryan? -He heard her voice calling him, with sweet excitement and relief, as soon as he stepped into the kitchen. He almost couldn't hear her, because of the loud music that made the walls vibrate in the rhythm of the bass.

A tall blond man was leaning on the counter beside her, and his hand stopped midway the movement of holding her waist when she jumped from the counter to run into Ryan's arms, making him feel confused for a second. They couldn't have dressed up and come downstairs that fast. He frowned as she embraced him and felt his body respond with the relief of feeling her touch once again. Then it dawned on him: Belle was wearing a white long sleeved shirt, and that girl was wearing a strapped red blouse that looked more like a short silky chemise. He felt extremely embarrassed and guilty about mistaking her body with somebody else's. His arms tightened their grip around her and he sniffed and kissed the top of her head, pressing her cheek against his chest while stroking the other gently with his thumb.

-Is she your girlfriend? -The blond man asked him. He was wearing an orange and blue team's uniform.

-She's my wife. -He eyed the boy up and down as if defying him to approach her again. -Why?

-Thank God, I can finally go and pick a girl to hook up! -The man sighed. -Bye Belle, it was very nice to meet you. Bye Belle's husband, take care of her, you have a pretty nice woman beside you. By the way, a jerk named Aaron is chasing her. He's a real asshole and a rogue. Be careful and keep an eye on her.

Ryan's shoulders relaxed a bit.

-Thank you, man. -Ryan nodded.

-Not for this. Come see us play next week, we make quite the show. Chomp, chomp! -He winked at Belle and a bunch of other students joined him in the “chomp, chomp” chorus. -Alright, I'm back to the party, ladies! The first one to get me a cold beer will get a…

His voice vanished among the other sounds.

-I was so worried… -Belle whined as she pulled him for a kiss. Her mouth had a strange taste that he couldn't identify.

-Did you drink? -Ryan asked her without looking into her eyes.

He was still a bit pissed and that made him feel even more embarrassed. It wasn't her fault. She hadn't done anything wrong, he had. He hadn't trusted her, he should have put the possibility of that girl not being her on top of any other.

-Where's Mr. Goofy? I won't find it even a bit bad if you exchange him for that guy. -Ryan pointed out.

-He drove away… I don't know where he is, can you find him somehow? -She tightened her grip to his waist. -I'm very worried for him.

-Relax, I have people watching him. He'll be fine. -He huffed. That asshole couldn't even take care of her for a couple of hours. Useless piece of shit… And then he comes and tells me I need to give her more freedom, I'm gonna shove the freedom way up his ass.

-Why didn't you answer your phone? -It was a stupid question. The whole house was trembling and throbbing with the loud music.

-Did you call? I'm sorry, I didn't feel or hear the phone… -She took her phone out of the backpack she had been holding to her chest before. -Oh no, I'm very sorry, you must have been worried too. I'm sorry, Ryan… Carter was talking, and I thought it would be rude to keep looking at the screen so I put it here, but I really thought I would feel…

-No, don't apologize… It's fine, you're ok, and that's all that matters. -Ryan felt extremely guilty. He was the one who should be apologizing. -Let's go home, I need a long bathtub bath.

-Ryan… Can we take Betty with us? She's upstairs... Carter, that boy that was chatting with me a while ago, he helped me put her in a bed, she's sleeping with a girl there. -She paused when he frowned. -She drank too much, then she had some kind of outburst and freaked out. She said a bunch of horrible things about Noah, but when she realized he was gone, she started to cry and beg for his forgiveness. I tried to convince her to stop drinking, but she flipped me off and kept drinking until she passed out.

-From what Noah told me, she's the biggest bitch with you. Why would you want to take her home? -He was genuinely curious. -You know this can come around and bite you, right? She could tell everyone that we both abused her before dropping her at her place. I wouldn't doubt it if she made new cuts just to frame you.

Belle was surprised by his comment. That idea had never crossed her mind.

-JP and Mia have been missing since the party started. Carter told me it's their usual behavior, that they are probably locked up in one of the rooms, and will only reappear when the sun starts to rise. -She used her fingers to count. -Hanna is not talking with Betty anymore, ever since she started to hang around with Noah again. And Noah took JP’s car. I can't leave her alone here, what if she needs help?

Ryan huffed. He looked around, trying to identify any other student that lived in their condo.

-What are you doing? -Belle asked him after a while.

-Trying to find a witness. -He sighed. -I really think that's a bad idea…

-Can we at least ask her if she wants the ride? -She looked back and scanned the room too. -Maybe Hanna would agree to come with us too… She was really mad when Betty was talking shit about Noah, she literally tried to throw a bottle of beer at her, but missed. They threatened to kick her out if she didn't get a grip on her…

-Ah, yeah, great idea, a mythomaniac and a hysterical, both inside my car for two hours, yeah, that sounds quite a better scenery. -He interrupted her and nodded. -What are we gonna do if they start a fight in the backseat?

-I can go with Betty in the backseat and Hanna can have the passenger's seat, she'll just be the witness, Ryan, chill out.

She was determined to take the crazy girl safe and sound to her parents. Ryan sighed. Sometimes it bothered him, that she couldn't see pure evil in others but always seemed to expect the worse from him.

-Fine, let's find Hanna first. If she agrees, then I'm in too. -He secretly wished the girl would say no.

Hanna was isolated, sitting on a bench right beside the front door. She glared at Belle when she approached her, but her eyes widened when she saw Ryan close behind her. He ignored her gaze as the girl scrutinized his body and face.

Ryan watched as Belle explained that she was worried for Betty and thought the right thing was to take her home so her parents could take care of her and make sure she was ok. Then she apologized for getting between them and said she didn't know what happened but that whatever it was, the safety and health of the girl should always come first. It was a delight to watch how Belle dismantled the girl's mind and reassembled it into something totally different in just a few minutes. Hanna went from suspicious and spiteful to surprised and ashamed, then to impressed and humbled… And admired. Here was the birth of another of Belle's admirers.

-Ok, then, but I won't talk with her, ok? -The girl grunted, but Ryan could see that she wasn't that annoyed anymore. -And if she throws up, you'll be the one to hold her hair back for her. I'm done with that bitch puking on me.

-Yes, you'll ride beside Ryan, I'll go in the backseat with her… -Belle nodded.

The girl seemed satisfied, almost excited, with the idea of traveling beside him. She gave him a shy smile and he made a point of eyeing her as if she was the ugliest or nastiest person he had ever seen. Her smile vanished.

It wasn’t out of spite. He couldn’t care less if the girl had wet dreams with him now and then. But she was very drunk, and he didn’t want to risk her having the wrong idea and trying to do something on their way home. Besides, he knew Belle was extremely jealous, and even though the girl wasn’t his type, she wasn’t ugly, and he was sure it would cause her to feel insecure if she thought anything could happen between the two.

-Hey… Just tell me one thing… Why are you being nice to her after everything she did to you? -Hanna held Belle’s forearm and stared into her eyes. -Once, she planned to stick a chewing gum in your hair, did you know it? The only reason she didn't was because she was afraid Noah would beat her.

Belle was surprised. That would be a remarkably mean and childish behavior. And the idea of Noah beating the skinny blonde made her shiver. She could still reproduce the sound of the blows Noah had hit on Aaron.

-I'm not being nice to her. I'm being decent. -Belle answered.

Hanna shut up and nodded, following the couple upstairs. Ryan stood out in the crowd. There were boys taller than him, an inch or two, but he was like a beam of darkness. People gave way to him as if he was a king striding among the commoners.

Ryan didn't find it surprising. He was used to people being afraid of him even before he looked at them. But for Hannah it was something new, he could tell the girl was amazed. When he got inside the bedroom, with Belle leading the way, the smell of vomit and cheap wine filled his nostrils.

Belle ignored his groan and stroked Betty's shoulder gently, inviting Hanna to join her.

-Betty? Are you feeling better? -Belle whispered. -Hey, it's ok, we're here, we're gonna take care of you, ok?

As the blond girl began to sit up and moan, she ran to the bathroom, minutely washed a plastic cup with hand soap and came back with it filled with water in one hand and a toilet paper roll in the other.

-Do you want some water? -She offered it to the girl as she wiped her face with the toilet paper.

Ryan watched it with a frown frozen in his face. A lot of curious students were watching it too, gathering at the door.

Betty took the cup and started to chug it, but Belle held it down, warning her not to fill her stomach too fast. It was like watching a nurse take care of a patient.

-Why are you helping me? -Betty’s voice was slurred and loud. The girl beside her cursed but soon was snoring again.

-Because you need someone to do that for you, now. -Belle murmured as she wiped the sweat and drool from the girl’s neck.

And no one else cares enough for you to do it, too… Ryan thought as he observed the two of them with a sour expression.

-It's ok, you can go back to hating me tomorrow, but please, let Ryan and Hanna take you home with me? -Belle’s voice was low. She didn't want the curious audience to hear them. -I won't hold this against you, I promise you, we can pretend I never helped you… But I can't leave you here, alone, in that state.

Betty eyed her with suspicion and contempt.

-Ok, but I can walk on my own. -She grumbled, then shoved her hand away and jumped out from under the covers.

After a few steps, though, she stumbled and fell forward, landing on all fours and scratching her knees on the rough carpet. Ryan was right in front of her but he stepped to the side and let her tumble to the ground.

-Ryan! Why didn't you hold her? -Belle ran to help the girl get back to her feet, but Betty slapped her hand away and laid on her back.

-Don’t touch me, you bitch! -Betty screamed. The girl lying on the bed groaned and turned on her sleep.

-I won't touch her unless she asks me to. -Ryan shook his head when Belle looked at him. -You saw what she did to Noah, I'm not giving her any ground to accuse me of anything.

Belle rolled her eyes and looked at Hanna with pleading eyes. The girl just shook her head too.

-Please, Betty, you need to get up… -Belle tried to put one arm under the girl’s shoulder, but Betty slapped again, this time hitting Belle’s neck, leaving two thin scratches there.

-Ugh… Get out. -Ryan grunted and crouched beside her, grabbing Belle by her waist and pushing her toward the door. -Bethany, can you hear me? Look, I had a shitty day. I'm pissed and tired, I'm not in for your fucking drama. I'm going home, I'm taking my wife with me, and we're leaving now, with or without you. You're high and drunk, and I really didn't want to have you inside my car, either sober or in this nasty mess you put yourself into now… But, you see, my wife has a mental illness that forces her to be kind with people, even those who don't really deserve it. So, will you, please, stop being an obnoxious bitch for two hours and let me take you back to your house?

Belle held her breath. She couldn't believe he had said all that, and loud enough, so everyone watching them could hear him. Still, to her surprise, Betty nodded and lifted her arms to ask him to take her from the ground.

Ryan lifted her with no effort, but didn't let her wrap her arms around his neck. Instead he told her to cross them over her chest to cover her cleavage and asked if Hanna could wrap something around the girl's waist to cover her butt, since her skirt was too short for him to hold it against her thigh while carrying her. A guy from the football team offered his jacket.

-Can you give it back to me on Monday, Belle? -She looked up and recognized Carter. Ryan was already heading down.

-Sure. Where can I find you? -And what were you doing upstairs, are you omnipresent or what? She laughed to herself.

-I'll come find you, don't worry, just don't forget to bring it, please. -He smiled. -Good night.

-Good night, and thank you. Bye. -She smiled back.

When they sat inside the car, Betty immediately held Belle's waist and slept in her lap. Hanna eyed the scene with an horrified expression.

-Can I take a picture of it? -Hanna asked her, holding back a laugh.

-No. -Belle and Ryan answered at the same time.

-If you want to keep your cell phone you'd better put it back inside your pocket. If you don't, I'll teach it how to fly. -He pointed out the window.

-Your husband is rude. -Hanna murmured, looking at Belle as the girl helped Betty to turn around in her sleep. -And you're stupid. If you think she's gonna be your friend after that, you're wrong.

-I don't think she will. -Belle shrugged. -And you are acting as bad as her. She's in no condition of defending herself, so don't mouth out about her, ok?

Hanna scoffed and looked away through the window. After some time she fell asleep and Ryan adjusted the mirror to look at Belle.

Her beautiful face wasn't enough to lift his mood, and his nerves were still on edge. The image of Belle in someone else's arms was still very clear inside his head, even though he knew it had been just a trick played by his own mind. He could still see the football player's hand reaching for her waist, even though he knew it had been out of reflex to avoid her fall. The fact was he was feeling jealous. He felt like a feral animal, like hunting and killing everything that moved in order to protect his territory.

Belle looked up and caught him staring. She smiled at him and blushed, so he couldn't help but smile back.

-How was it? -He sighed, adjusting the mirror again so he could see her face but still have some vision from the road behind the vehicle. When she showed signs she didn't understand the question, he went on. -Did you like to party?

-I hated every second of it. -She groaned and he laughed. -Carter was kind enough not to tell me, but I've ruined his night too.

-I doubt that. -He pressed his lips. -I'd certainly love to spend the night with you when I was his age, even if I couldn't touch you… The girls will fall all over him after that.

She wrinkled her nose and looked away.

-I've missed you terribly. -She went on. -And that place stinks and it was loud and confusing. My ears are buzzing. It's not for me.

-I missed you too. I'm still missing you, actually. -He shot a glance toward Hanna when she coughed in her sleep and shifted her position. -You could be here in that seat, but you chose to be away from me.

-Betty could need help here. -She tried to defend herself.

-She needs a shrink, not you. -He chuckled, glancing at her again. -God, you're gorgeous… I'm so taking off your clothes as soon as we step home...

-Ryan! -Belle covered her face with both hands to hide her shy smile as her face burned.

-What? I didn't even tell you what I'm gonna do to you once I get you naked! -He went on, enjoying her panicked reaction as her eyes darted from Hanna to Betty, afraid they might be hearing him. -I'm gonna take you inside the tub and then I'm gonna…

Betty suddenly sat up, her face pale and her hands moving frantically. Belle understood her desperate expression immediately and leaned over her to completely open the window, holding the girl's hair back in a ponytail and pulling her head out.

Ryan grunted again when he heard the sound of moisture hitting the side of the car. Shivers traveled from the tip of his spine to the top of his head, spreading like wildfire through his whole body. He fought the urge to shut his eyes, knowing it would only make everything feel ten times worse.

-Yeah… That’s great. -He shook his head, listening to Belle’s voice trying to sooth the girl, saying she would be fine, that it was ending, that the bad feelings would all soon go away. No it won't, Bethany… It just gets worse with time, and people like you and me will never deserve anything different from that. -This day was simply great...

10. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Loved the chapter, it was a real treat to have Ryan’s POV.

11. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Belle doesn’t expect the worse from him, she actually expects him to be the better person. This is why she can accept other people’s shortcomings, but is more critical of Ryan.

This is interesting, so Ryan is suggesting that Noah didn’t rape/harm Betty, that he was framed. In retrospect it makes sense, I’m pretty sure Ryan investigated Noah and there was no way he would have let him get anywhere near Belle if he thought/suspected Noah of being rapist. And while he may not be a rapist, I still get weird vibes from him and I don’t believe he is squeaky clean. Was Noah covering for someone else? I don’t think it’s Aaron, that would be too obvious.
    Dear author @GiBro will it be revealed in later chapters what exactly happened with Betty and Emma? It will also be interesting to find out why Betty is so jealous and hateful towards Belle, and why is everyone still thinking that she is Noah’s girlfriend? Belle is very demonstrative of her feelings for Ryan, it’s absurd that anyone would think that she is cheating on him with Noah, unless those rumors are fueled by someone.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    GiBro, pepinomama and imeren like this.
  12. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Questions for our dear author @GiBro:
    1. I wonder what undercover work Ryan was doing? Can we assume that he is going after Daniel “his way” and is this linked to the strange video call that Corey had with Belle? He still seems to work with Lucas but is Lucas loyal to Ryan? What about Corey, will we find out what the deal is with him? Did the call ever take place between Belle and him with Ryan listening to the call? I think that Belle mentioned that Ryan didn't ask her to call Corey and she didn’t bring it up again.
    2. What’s happening with Belle’s therapy sessions? Are they going to resume the regression therapy and have her remember more stuff while she was under Daniel’s hypnosis?
    3. There are a couple of things that were put out there, but then there was no follow up and with only a handful of chapters left until the end of the book, I wonder if these will have any consequence. First, the tattoo shop that Ryan stepped into when they went out for an ice cream shortly after moving into the condo. Why did Ryan go in there? Was it to ask for a tattoo to cover Belle’s scar? And second, the kinky lingerie that bitch Andrews slipped into Belle’s clothes. Did Belle throw that out or did she hold onto it, for future use;). Will we see it resurface in future chapters or was it just a distraction?
    4. Will Ryan take Belle to the beach and teach her to swim?
    I am getting nervous since there are still so many unanswered questions and I hate to have that nagging feeling that something will go horribly wrong for our couple:cry::cry::cry:

13. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey =) I'll answer what I can (sometimes I get confused with your question, because I think they were already answered by the story, but then I realize I haven't posted it yet xD):
    1-Next chapter gives a bit of info about it. But he said he was working with mercenaries, so, yeah, it's not exactly legal. He gave up making her call him after watching the call (he said he would watch it when he made her leave the study). Later he says he realized she is trying to adapt her "concepts of betrayal" to his, because even though she betrayed his trust by meddling with his computer, she didn't tell Corey anything and defended him while not giving him any sensible information. Basically, he decided not to use her to get Corey, he will do it without her.

2-For now she's dealing with Noah and Aaron and now with her relationship with Ryan, since hypnosis stopped working, but, yes, there will be more about it, but it will take a while. The fact is that she was having difficulties to concentrate earlier because of Aaron, but her block now has a name: Sarah. Her therapist knows and is working on it first. (note that if it was Captain Williams or Corey, they would use her anyway, to achieve their means, but Ryan is unwilling to do that even if he thinks it would actually help him)

3-Shhhh :censored::whistle:.

4-Ryan told her he will, in chapter 27: "In July".

I think you're gonna like tomorrow's chapter :cool:

14. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the responses, anxiously waiting for the next chapter:love::love::love:

imeren and GiBro like this.
  15. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 39

Belle laid over Ryan’s back and sighed as she massaged his shoulders and nape.

-Damn… Go on. -He groaned. -I didn't even know I was hurting there…

-Ryan… Where have you been? -She tried as she straddled his lower back to be able to give him a proper massage. -You're clearly on your limit of tiredness, what were you doing?

-I'm far from my limit, don't be silly. -He smirked. -I still can make you come like three times again before I reach my limit.

Belle rolled her eyes at his attempt to force her to avoid the subject.

-Ryan… I was worried about you. -She insisted.

-We've got a clue about Daniel and it was near enough, so I went to check it. -He sighed. -A bit to the right, please. And since you're already there, can you scratch it, right above your right hand?

Belle gasped at his nonchalant tone.

-What do you mean you went to check? What if he was there and recognized you? What if he killed you? -She stopped her hands and leaned to look at his face. -And what if it wasn't a clue, but a trap?

-Are you really trying to teach me how to do my own job? -He shook his head. -You're a way better masseuse than detective, keep your focus on the right place!

He said it and pulled her hands to his shoulders, pressing them. Belle crossed her arms and he groaned, grimacing and exhaling hard.

-Belle… My profession has its intrinsic risks. -He half-rolled to be able to look at her but still keep her straddling him. -If you really want to be with me, we can't argue every time things like that happen, because, really, it will happen very often.

-I know, Ryan, but… -She started, but didn't know how to explain that she preferred to be Daniel's slave for the rest of her life than to find out Ryan had been killed because of her. -I love you. More than anything.

-Please don't say “more than my life” again… -He sighed. -I really felt like shit when you did that.

-Why? -She couldn't keep her eyes on him, so she went back to massaging him and he rolled again to lie on his stomach.

-Because nothing should be above your love for living. And the idea of me being more important than that is unbearably stupid, at best. -He closed his eyes as she hit the right spots that needed her attention. -I really hope you've grown out of it.

Belle just nodded. She felt exactly the same, if not even more. There was no doubt that if she was presented with any situation where she had to choose between her life and his, she would proudly choose to die.

-Noah's father thinks I'm avoiding him. -He muttered after some minutes. -Noah is worried about you getting caught up in a crossfire, in case Anthony decides to test my power. We need to set the fucking dinner and get done with that shit for once and for all.

-Well, he was the one who canceled it all those…

-No, he didn't. I did. -Ryan sighed.

-What? -She creased her eyebrows.

-Aside from the first time, which he only canceled because he had to travel to shovel Aaron's mountain of shit, I already canceled it or refused it five or six times… Six, I think.

Belle didn't know that.

-Wait, so when Noah got involved in that accident… -She murmured.

-I canceled it. -He nodded. -I knew you’d feel bad about having dinner while he was sick.

-Was he really intending to come and have dinner while his son was bedridden? -Belle gasped when he nodded. -What a psychopath!

-So surprising… -He rolled his eyes. -Anyway… Would you mind setting it for tomorrow?

-Noah will need me tomorrow, after what Betty did, he won't feel well enough to have dinner with us… -Belle shook her head.

-Screw Noah, who cares? -He grunted and rolled over, pulling her by her shoulder so she would lie on her side with her back to him, then held her firmly by her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder.

I do… She thought to herself. But she had already upset him too much that night and didn't think it was fair to keep pushing him, since he had been so kind to her all the while. They enjoyed their cuddling, with his fingers tracing patterns around her navel and his breath sending goosebumps to her arms every time it hit her neck. After a while he shifted his position to embrace her shoulders, fitting her head under his chin.

-Belle… When I got to the party to get you… -His voice was a bit slurred from sleepiness and weariness. -I mistook you for another girl. I'm very sorry.

Belle was confused. She tried to turn to look at him, but his chin was pressed against the top of her head and his arm under her neck was pinning her down, since it was locking her hair under it.

-What do you mean, Ryan? Did you hold or kiss someone else thinking it was me? -Her body burned with jealousy and insecurity.

-Of course not, I'm not that stupid! -His voice was filled up with indignation. -I just saw her on a balcony, when I looked up. I was looking for you.

-Hm… -Belle pretended it wasn't a big deal. She mistook him with Roy once and actually almost kissed him… And caused his death. She felt a pain in her chest and tried to shove away the thoughts, focusing only on Ryan and his apology. -Was she beautiful?

-I don't know. I only saw her hair and part of her butt. -He said bluntly and she gasped, trying to free her hair to be able to turn and face him, but he hugged her tightly, locking both arms around her biceps and chest. -She was banging someone there.

Belle froze. Her brain refused to connect the dots to come to the obvious conclusion. She thought for more minutes than needed, incapable of escaping the only explanation possible.

-Did you think I was cheating on you? -She tried to keep her voice calm, but it was shaky. -Did you think I would have sex with someone there?

-No, I'm sorry. -He sighed. She could tell he had been expecting her to be upset or mad. -I'm really sorry, Belle, I know it makes no sense. Sorry.

She thought about it for some time, staring at the wall.

-Ryan? Are you still awake? -She murmured very low. He kissed the top of her head and nodded, with his chin still touching her. His hands started to brush her hair in delicate movements, stroking her nape and the back of her head. -It's ok, you don't need to feel bad, about mistaking me for that girl. But tell me, what were you gonna do, if it was me? What were you thinking? Now that I think about it, you looked very angry when you got into the kitchen, then you looked… I don't know, guilty, regretful… Ashamed, I think. What were you planning to do to me?

Ryan's hand stopped moving. His breathing too seemed to stop. He moved to put space between them, then pulled her to make her turn and face him.

-I would never hurt you, Belle. I told you before. You said you knew I would never harm you. -He looked hurt and offended. -How the fuck can you even be in my arms now if you think I could beat you or kill you or whatever you thought I'd do to you?

-I didn't think you'd do, I just wanted to know… What was your plan?

-Certainly not to do something to you. -He scowled.

-Something to the boy, then?

He paused and she chuckled, shaking her head slightly.

-In my defense, I thought he was abusing you… -He pressed his lips.

-What? A girl was being raped and we left the place without helping her? -Belle lifted her upper body, using her elbows.

-I don't know if she was. To be honest there is a chance, but she looked like she was enjoying it. I just thought he had drugged you. -He sighed, tapping on her arm with his fingers to ask her to relax and lie down. -I knew you wouldn't do it if you were conscious enough to decide.

She nodded with a small smile, then hugged him and rested her head in his chest.

-What would you do to him, then? If it was me and he was… You know.

-I couldn't kill him, relax, there were too many witnesses. But I thought about pushing him down the balcony. -He shrugged and she laughed.

-Ryan, let's make a pact of you starting to solve things as the law rules from now on, please? At least when it's about me? -She bit her lower lip after a while. -I don't want to be responsible for what Riviera might do to you and your career… Don't commit crimes because of me!

-Should I let Noah die next time, then? Better even, should I call his protection off now? It's your call, it will save me money and solve half of my worries about you… -He got his cell phone and started to type. She tried to snatch the phone from his hand but he sat up without effort, lifting the phone out of her reach. -Hypocrite...

-Ryan, please… -She whined as she straddled him and tried to pull his arm down. His arm was hard as stone, unaffected by her efforts. -Ryan…

-Hm, I love hearing you moaning my name. -He smirked as he bit her lower lip, one hand sliding up her naked back and locking her body against his. His hand stopped, firmly supporting her nape. -I missed it so much this week, I think I need to hear it a bit more.

He showed her the screen as his thumb pressed “send” and she let out a loud shriek, trying to lift herself from his lap but landing up seated again as he pulled her down by her shoulder. Something else was hard as stone, too, pressing under her weight.

-Ryan… No, please. -She gave up trying to get the phone and instead held his face between her hands. -Please, undo it!

-Undo what? -He laughed, pretending to be confused with her desperation. -I don't know what you're talking about.

When she showed signs that she was gonna start to cry, he bent down and pulled her jeans that sat among their clothes, in a pile over the bedside table. When they had come home, as soon as he locked the door, he had fulfilled his promise, yanking off her clothes and tossing them on the floor, scattering them all the way to his bedroom, along with his own clothes. Belle had collected, folded and piled them up over the bedside table while he took a nap after their hot sessions were over.

-What are you doing? -She complained when half of the clothes fell to the floor. He took her phone from one pocket and handed it to her. -What is it? Do you want me to call him? If I do, will you protect him again?

Her eyes immediately saw the message.

RH 01:22 -Hypocrite, according to the dictionary: someone who pretends to have moral standards or opinions that they do not actually have.

She raised her head to look into his eyes. She wasn't ashamed. She was annoyed. Her heart was pounding and she was still panting from fear that Noah would be in danger.

-Are you offended? Isn't that awful when someone calls you out for doing something you know you shouldn't but is the best option you have? -He pinched her nipple and put his cell phone over the bedside table so he could use his hand to pull her panties down. -Shit, why did you put this on? We need to buy you some underwear that are easier to take off…

She snorted and rolled her eyes but helped him take it off anyway.

The next morning Belle looked for Noah, but the new maid told her he hadn't come home that night. When she asked about Angel, the woman looked puzzled. After describing the blonde and not getting any sign of recognition from her, Belle gave up. She sat by the pool, listening to music, but it was too early for Betty, Hanna or JP to show up.

She had convinced Ryan to set the dinner for Friday. This way she would have a week to help Noah get over Betty's outburst.

The football team’s guy, Carter, had told her he knew Betty's claims were false, but that he didn't want to get involved in it. He explained that, before Noah, Betty had had a crush on him, when they were eleven or so. They were neighbors in another condo and their bedroom’s windows were very close and aligned in a way that they could easily chat without having to raise their voices. So they did, and became close friends, for almost two years. By that time, he had a crush on another girl, and when Betty declared her love to him, he told her they would never be anything other than friends. Angry and resentful due to the rejection, she had told the girl's father that the boy had been spying on her while she got dressed and that he kept making obscene advances on her. The father, to her surprise, instead of beating the boy, went to her house and told the whole story to her own father, who immediately moved them to that condo, but not before having a long talk with the boy's father. Fortunately, Carter’s parents believed his version of the story, and when a girl’s family moved to the house beside them, the curtains of his room remained practically permanently shut. The girl he liked was forbidden from meeting him again and they too eventually moved away. Carter never talked to Betty again, blocking her in all his social media's accounts, and when they met at college, he pretended he didn't know her.

When the sun started to feel unbearably hot, Belle went back home, prepared lunch and ate alone. Ryan was busy with something inside his study and asked her not to disturb him when she knocked on his door to offer help.

It was like that during the whole weekend, with no sign of Noah, and with Ryan showing up only to sleep, after she was already sleeping. At least he hugged her and told her that he missed her badly, cuddling her until she fell asleep again.

-Good morning. -Noah murmured before getting into the car, without waiting for an answer.

Belle stopped walking and Ryan slapped her butt, pointing at the passenger's seat when she jumped and frowned at him. He was holding the door for her and didn't seem to be willing to wait for her daydreaming to end before she decided to get in.

-Noah, I was worried for you… Where have you been? -Belle fastened her seatbelt and shifted in her seat to look at him.

-Apparently hiding inside a trash can. You look awful! -Ryan scoffed, but Belle gave him a warning look and squeezed his thigh.

He held her hand there before she could take it away, maneuvering fast to be able to do so. Belle looked at their hands. Her hand was almost totally hidden by his. She rubbed his leg slightly with her fingers and he took his hand out to fasten his seatbelt and shift gears, but she kept it there..

Noah was indeed looking awful. He looked like a beggar. His hair was oily and full of tangles, there were horrible dark circles under his eyes and he was wearing the same jeans he did on Friday. At least the shirt was clean.

-I'll be fine. -Noah murmured. -I needed to cool my head down.

-She said she's sorry. She said she'll tell people that it was all a lie. -Belle said after a while. -I know it's unforgivable, but she needs help, Noah, she's not normal.

-Wow. -Ryan chuckled. They both turned to face him. -Sorry, I'm just surprised that Belle finally found a flaw in someone's character. It's an amazing advance.

She squinted her eyes.

-She also hates Caesar, a stupid asshole that thinks he's a dictator. And she doesn't like my half-brother either. She's kind, not stupid. -Noah defended her and she smiled at him. -She can be a bit too kind, but that's something awesome in her, don't discourage it.

-I bet that she greets Caesar if he's in a room when she comes in, and I don't doubt that she smiles when she does that. A real smile, not a fake one! -Ryan rolled his eyes. -And she doesn't dislike your brother, she fears him. Those are two different things. She even asked me to make you stop trying to crush his skull when…

-I was worried for Noah. -Belle interrupted him. -Could you two, please, stop talking about me as if I wasn't here? Thank you.

They stayed in silence as Belle looked out the window.

-Noah... I need to know where you've been and if you're hurt. -She sighed. -I already have too many people in my life hiding things and lying to me, I don't need another one.

Two pairs of eyes fixed on her for a few seconds, but the dark ones turned back to the road before she turned to check their expressions.

-I'm gonna tell you, Belle. Later.

-I'm gonna tell Ryan anyway. -She gave him an apologetic look. -I'm sorry, but I don't keep secrets from him.

Except Sarah. She thought to herself. Hypocrite indeed.

-He already knows. I mean, if he really wanted to know, he knows. -He sighed. -He has a car following me practically every time I leave the condo. I was at the beach. I needed the peace, so I went to watch the sea…

Ryan’s head turned slightly so he could watch Belle’s expression, but she just gulped and nodded, trying not to show any sign of being upset.

-So you’ve spent the whole weekend alone, sitting and watching the waves? -Belle creased her eyebrows. As much as the idea of sitting at the beach to chill amazed her, it was hard to believe him.

-No, I had to go back to take Mia and JP back home… -He looked down, embarrassed to go on. -I slept there from saturday to sunday… I just needed to cool down.

-Was that all? -Belle looked him up and down. She wondered if he had been crying and if he had showered any of those days.

-Basically. -He blushed and looked through the window.

-And he got junk with his brother there too. -Ryan said bluntly. Noah stirred in his seat. -Then he got high as fuck and peed on his pants, and thought it would be wise to try to wash it and dry it in an restaurant’s bathroom, but they kicked him out.. Ah, and he was almost arrested because he threw a chair against a coffee shop’s wall for… What was it for? You thought they had charged you twice? My bad, for telling on you, but you won’t lie to her, not in front of me. If you had refused to talk I’d have your back, though.

Belle's eyes were so wide open that it hurt.

-I thought I had already paid… -Noah looked down, his cheeks red. -The money wasn’t inside my wallet anymore… I had put it in my pocket to make it easier to hand it to the waitress. Damn… Sorry, Belle.

Why are you apologizing to me? She looked away.

-I thought you didn’t do drugs… -She couldn’t hold down her curiosity.

-I don’t, it was my first and only. That’s probably why I had that bad trip. -He started nibbling at the side of his thumb. -I mean, that and the fact that I was already at the bottom of the well.

-Don’t be stupid, you can’t have a trip with heroin, good or bad. You did it because you’re an asshole and your dose of euphoria ran out while you were sitting there, don’t blame the drug for your actions. By the way, they told me you went back and got a pair of pills with him after that too, did you take them? -Ryan seemed to be the only one inside the car who was still in anything near a great mood. Noah kept silent, so he went on. -Do you even know what it was? Not that you can trust what your brother tells you, right? It could be arsenic pills and you’d suicide your stupid ass without even knowing.

-He’s my half-brother, not brother! Are you stupid or are you trying to get me on edge, Mr. Herrera? -Noah’s voice raised and the car was pulled over before he finished shouting the words.

Belle tried to stop Ryan from getting out of the car, but he twisted his arm and got rid of her in a second. Noah too was getting out of the car, although Ryan had yanked the door open before he finished unfastening his seatbelt.

-You act like you're so much better than me, right? Well you're not! You're nothing but a thug! -Noah's voice raised and he got out of the car at the same time that Ryan pulled him by the front of his shirt.

-Ryan, don’t hurt him! -Belle screamed, trying to open her door, but it was locked. She crawled through the driver’s seat and almost fell on her face when her feet got stuck in the strap of his seatbelt.

-Get inside the car. -Ryan told her calmly when she locked both arms around his forearm to try to make him let go of Noah's shirt. -This has nothing to do with you, get in and shut up.

-No, he’s already in a bad place, I won’t let you harm him! -She put herself between the two.

-What makes you think he can hurt me? -Noah shouted, his hands half raised in fists. -I saw him fighting, it’s nothing compared to what I’m used to.

Belle frowned. Ryan grunted and pulled her back to the open door, giving his back to the boy.

-Ryan… Please, that’s so stupid. Are you really gonna beat him just because he shouted at you? -She pleaded. -You two are being unreasonable, but at least he has a motive! Please, let it go! If not for him, for me… I don’t wanna watch this, I don’t wanna fear you again.

Ryan paused, then rolled his eyes, nodding slightly. When he turned to the boy, he had to hastily move to the side as Noah tried to land a punch in his ear.

-What the fuck? -He shouted, grabbing Noah’s arm and punching it right near his elbow. The sound was weird and Noah groaned in pain. -Really, were you gonna hit me from behind? Fucking asshole!

Noah roared and turned to punch him in the side of his body with his other fist, but Ryan blocked it and lifted him by his throat.

-Ryan, please! -Belle tried to stop him, pulling his shirt until she felt the stitches ripping.

-Did you really think I would break sweat to deal with your cunt of a brother? -Ryan smirked, as he tightened the grip around the boy’s throat and watched his face change color. -Do I seem to be making any effort now?

-You're just another badboy, a stupid gangster! It's a matter of time before you give her the first slap, then the first punch. -The boy grunted between his clenched teeth, trying to open Ryan's grip with both hands, but this only led him to tighten it even more. -Do you think she'll stay after that? She deserves better than you! You make her cry way too often, you asshole.

Noah tried to kick his ribs, missing Belle’s shoulder and face by an inch or so when Ryan deflected his leg with his forearm. She flinched away involuntarily.

-Please, you two, stop! -Belle started to cry as soon as she saw Noah’s face shifting from maroon to purple. Even though she was using all her weight to try to bring his arm down, it was unmoving. -Ryan, please!

Ryan calmly pushed her back with his free arm, then jerked his arm and threw the boy away as if he was a rag doll. Noah slid through the asphalt, coughing and gasping. The sound of his back and arms hitting the ground made her whole body tremble. Belle ran toward him to help him get up and to get between the two.

-Let’s go, Belle. -Ryan sighed, but didn’t approach them. -I’m done with that piece of shit.

-No! I’m not done with you! -Noah groaned, checking his bruised elbows and arms with a grimace. There were ugly bleeding scratches all over them where the asphalt had grinded. -I’m sick of you people judging me for something I’m not! I’m nothing like them! I'm not like you and my father, Mr. Herrera!

-Noah, please, just stop. -Belle tried to hold his forearm where there were no bruises or blood, but he harshly slapped her hand and pushed her away. -Noah!

-No! For God sake, Belinda, can’t you see what he’s doing? He’s trying to make you think I’m something I’m not! -He shook his head frantically. -He’s trying to take you from me! He wants to push you away from me!

Belle got up and took a step back, wiping the tears from her face.

-You’re acting like crazy now, Noah… -She murmured, sniffing and trying to stop her nose from running down. -Ryan was protecting you all this time, even though he doesn’t like you, just so I can keep you as my friend. He doesn’t really care about you, he’s taking care of you because he wants me to have you as my friend.

Noah bitterly laughed and shook his head.

-If anyone is pushing me away from you, it’s yourself! -She went on and the green eyes flew to hers with panic written all over it. -This whole thing you two did is unacceptable! And the things you said… Who do you think you are to talk like this about me or my husband? I don’t want to be friends with someone that does this. I don't want to be around someone that thinks like that about me!

-I'm sorry, Belle, I…

-Belle, get inside the car. Now. -Ryan walked toward her and she knew he would try to force her. -I’m in no mood for your stubbornness now, get in.

-You won’t leave him here. -Belle crossed her arms and stepped between them just for precaution.

-Well, in my car he won’t come, that you can be certain. -He crossed his arms, the veins on the back of his hands and on his biceps bulging as if he had just worked out. -I'm done with making whatever you want just because you're crying, get in, now!

-Then we have a real problem here, because I’m not coming with you if you won’t take him with us. -She raised one eyebrow and lifted her chin proudly. -We’re in the middle of nowhere, you won’t leave him here alone. Either you take us two, or you’ll have to leave me here with him.

-Fuck you! -Ryan grunted and turned his back to her, getting inside the car and slamming the door. -Fuck!

When she heard the engine starting, her blood froze. Was he really gonna leave her there?

But he didn’t drive away. After some seconds of shock, she looked at Noah with pleading eyes. He huffed and got inside the car, this time sitting behind her.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
  16. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, this is not normal thinking from someone who is supposed to be Belle’s friend. What entitled Noah to think that Belle was “his” and that Ryan was trying to take her from him? I’m sorry but this sounds pathological, it’s giving off delusional, almost stalker-like creepy vibes. Remember how everyone thought that Belle was his girlfriend and I couldn’t understand why, now I’m more inclined to think that Noah was spreading that shit. It is reminiscent of Daniel posting on his blog that Belle was his future wife. It’s clear that his intentions towards Belle go beyond wanting to be friends and just the fact that he is pursuing a married woman (technically Belle and Ryan are married) using friendship as an excuse is dirty and deceptive. I wonder what will happen next, is Belle going to insist on maintaining that friendship at the risk of sabotaging her relationship with Ryan? I hope that she is smarter than that. And what will Ryan do, will he put his foot down and insist that she cut ties with him for good? I can see Ryan backing away if someone “better” were to pursue Belle because he truly wants what’s best for her but Noah is certainly not “better”.
    Anyways I’m glad that Belle stood up for Ryan especially after Noah talked shit about him saying that it’s a matter of time before he would beat her and that she deserved better. I’m sure that this must have gotten under Ryan’s skin especially since he already feels that he’s not good enough for her.
    After that “caveman” display between Ryan and Noah, Belle seemed to be the only adult in the room and had to mediate things. While I understand that they couldn’t leave Noah in the middle of nowhere in the state that he was in (personally I would have called him a taxi and left with Ryan), I hope that she starts to put distance between herself and Noah. He is obviously in with his half-brother although he says he’s not close and barely talks to him and I don’t believe that it was his first time doing drugs, he’s just giving off too many red flags. At the party when Betty started to talk shit about him, he ran out leaving Belle behind, knowing well that Aaron was there and Belle was terrified of him. This was just another example of a red flag, if he truly cared for Belle he would have stayed even at the risk of being humiliated or he would have asked Belle to leave with him. BTW didn’t Ryan tell Belle to ask Noah to check his messages? He was probably relying on him to look after Belle in his absence. Oh boy, it’s going to be a long wait until the next chapter:(:(:(

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    imeren and GiBro like this.
  17. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Poor Ryan, I bet he is still holding to his argument that he is not pussy whipped:D:ROFLMAO:

GiBro likes this.
  18. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You're mean xD

TZia and Riiii like this.
  19. TZia

TZia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :whistle::whistle::whistle:
    Can’t wait to see what happens next!

imeren likes this.
  20. GiBro

GiBro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll try to post it as soon as I get home.