Spoiler 《BL》 Picked up strange knight

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Shizun, Jan 23, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
  2. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    thats Japanese >.> .....*silently sneaks away* :blobpeek:

Skyelyne, blues86 and Shem like this.
  3. Shem

Shem ┃ᐕ) ⁾⁾「Lv 69 BL Hunter」☆ Vrelty's Seme ♤♡ ꪋς꧖ ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh...Japanese.... *goes back in seclusion*

blues86 likes this.
  4. Shizun

Shizun 《Jack of all trades》《Artist/Author》《Dao of BLedia》

Reading List:
    Link
    looooooooool

but seems theres a sequel!

Boinkers likes this.
  5. Neelambori

Neelambori Silent Passerby

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh? Something wrong with Japanese?

6. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    no there is nothing wrong with Japanese! .... i'm just not a fan of JP novels in general with only a few exeptions >.>

Shizun likes this.
  7. TammyMay

TammyMay Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Japanese! Yes! Depending on how fast I am I might spoil this if no one does it first!
    *goes to read*

Boinkers, Neelambori and Shizun like this.
  8. TammyMay

Reading List:
    Link
    I was distracted by shiny things and didn't read. Just started reading and it seems very cute, but also very... daily life? If it keeps like this it might not be for everyone; not much drama...
    Anyways it is a relaxing read uptil now, MC cracks me up lol.
    So I am just gonna provide a very short summary here of each chapter for my reference, and will update here as I go on. After I am done, if anyone is interested in something more detailed they can ask :)
    MC=Sakurai Azusa, Ordinary Salaryman
    ML=Ilias Garland, Knight from Gretia
    Chapter 1: MC found a strange cosplayer collapsed in front of his home
    Chapter 2: MC takes care of this sickly cosplayer but this cosplayer has some sort of magical stone that functions as a cellphone; is he really a chunibyou?! MC is convinced that this dude is, in fact, a knight. MC allows ML to stay at his home, but in return for ML doing the chores (dude the guy comes from a world that doesn't have electricity; are you sure about this?)
    Chapter 3: MC learns that he has a cheat; understanding the knight's language!
    Chapter 4: MC and the knight go to a supermarket. MC makes the knight cut onions lol but he felt bad about it cuz the knight is too handsome :blobrofl:
    Chapter 5: MC makes breakfast and the two go shopping for clothes and home goods. ML smoothly confessed and MC understood it as a joke, telling him to prove his love by doing the washing. ML is blushing everytime they talk to each other and MC thinks this is only because ML is happy :blobrofl:
    EDIT: Gotta go grocery shopping; will update whenever I can :blobhug:
    Chapter 6: MC and ML get into a fight about the bed because MC forgot to buy a futon. MC finally blurts out for them to sleep together and he instantly regrets it; MC becomes ML's body pillow and he sleeps easy :cookie:
    Chapter 7: ML prepares breakfast and MC goes back to work; they're like newlyweds :aww:
    MC enjoys going home now and ML does housework; MC's coworker think MC got a girlfriend, because he has a gentle look on his face. MC is slightly disturbed.
    Chapter 8: MC offers to take ML to hanami (Watching Sakura flowers). The two almost got seperated in the crowded area but ML manages to catch MC and he makes sure MC isn't hurt by the crowd :blobmelt:
    Gyaaah! A flower gets stuck on MC's hair and ML asks to keep it :blobmelt:
    MC explains the four seasons and we learn the ML is a noble+his kingdom doesn't have seasons.
    ML offers MC his scarf. They walked back home holding hands!!!
    (I can't keep up with those two they're so cute I am filled with happy feelings.)

Edit: Jan. 25, 2018
    Chapter 9: Contact with ML's world is established by the magic stone he carries around! Also ML learnt how to write and speak some Japanese but Kanji made him cry ehehehehe...
    ML tells MC that in his country they don't acknowledge divorce and that marriage is forever and that they don't discriminate against same-sex couples. MC is like but how does two guys feel good? and ML made his move! He kissed MC!!
    Chapter 10: :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    Chapter 11: MC tells ML that he doesn't want him to leave cuz ML was feeling guilty about taking advantage of MC... LOL MC describes his life with ML and they really are like newlyweds:blobokhand:
    Apparently MC's virginity is still safe :blobsmirk:
    Chapter 12: ML steals a kiss! MC's coworker notices the kiss marks ML left on MC. Later MC is like don't put them in such inconvenient places!
    ML: .... SO you don't mind me putting it on you?
    MC: *WHAT DID I SAY?!* NO!
    ML: Btw, why could your coworker see the marks? *angry smile*
    Chapter 13: ML is angry and does kabedon when they go back home. MC tried to explain all the way that it was an accident, but ML still looks angry. ML kisses MC roughly and then explains that he doesn't suspect MC of anything, he just can't accept anyone other else seeing MC's skin. Then ML teases MC until he starts begging... :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    EDIT: Finally finished reading it! My final thoughts is that it was very cute and very relaxing to read! Fluffy and simple -- an excellent read for anyone who wants to heal their hearts from danmei drama and revenge :p
    Chapter 14: ML and MC now know they don't have much time together. MC's coworker suggests they make memories together by going to an inn during Summer Festival and watch fireworks together. MC's coworker arranges for everything (You're a good guy! Unexpectedly!)
    Chapter 15: The two travel to their inn on train. They also drive using a rental car, ML is impressed, MC preens. They go to the inn and MC is taken aback because it looks expensive; apparently all the workers are wearing Yukata XD
    After MC pays they are taken to their room and ML is impressed with the tatami room :)
    Their room has a large bath and MC offers for them to take it together but ML doesn't want to at the beginning but when MC offers for them to go to the hotel's communal bath, ML insists they take a bath together because he doesn't want other men staring at MC's skin XD
    ML goes into the bath with a towel wrapped around him; MC strips him and washes him because he thinks it's funny xD
    Chapter 16: MC wants to have sex with ML but the two haven't been 'sharing body heat' for a while. He was having a lot of fun with ML and so he drinks a lot of alcohol and propositions ML. When ML resists him, he gets upset and tells ML that he won't force himself on ML anymore.
    ML tells him that he has been resisting because he was afraid he'll (take the last step) and that MC will hate him because of that.
    MC 'generously' gives permission to do it and then he faints from over-drinking XD
    Chapter 17: The deed is done. MC's virginity is no more. :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    Chapter 18: :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:
    Chapter 19: ML and MC separate; ML goes back to his world. MC desperately asks ML to take him back with him, but it's too late. A year(?) passed and MC grew depressed, losing weight and sleep. One day, ML appeared and proposed to MC with a ring :)
    In ML's world, married couple are indicated by each wearing an earring from a pair. ML had wanted to propose to MC with a ring, the way they do in MC's world (so sweet!!)
    MC tells ML he's late but he's happy and they both go back to ML's world, where they marry. :)
    Chapter 20: Bonus chapter from after MC travelled back to ML's world. MC became a part-time waiter since he hated staying at home (ML wanted MC to be a housewife :p). But he is apparently constantly sexually harassed by customers; a customer tries to force MC to doing the deed with him, only for ML to appear and save MC! ML is a knight-captain and his subordinates love MC <3
    Chapter 21: Bonus chapter 2, MC and ML's daily life and a :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:scene is present. MC is a good housewife :p
    MC goes to deliver a bento to ML but is stopped. MC's subordinates recognize him and help him reach ML who is training; ML is injured and MC does a cute japanese charm to take away the pain. Then :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed: happens.
    ML's subordinates had overheard MC's moans, and MC had apparently become x10 more attractive lol.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    Leir, Boinkers, Nelhiro and 15 others like this.
  9. TammyMay

Reading List:
    Link
    OK I finished reading it! If anyone wants to know anything please ask; but, at it's heart it's a very simple, very fluffy story. It's super cute and I recommend waiting for the English translation to finish, since the story is very short. I kept being distracted which is why I didn't finish it quicker :p

10. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a sequel for this nee? *v*)/

11. TammyMay

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes there is :)
    I haven't had a chance to look at it yet though. According to the summary it will be their daily life after ML brought back MC to his world; I hope it's just as cute as the first part :blobmelt:

Boinkers and veihakase like this.
  12. veihakase

veihakase [Lurker in BL Hell]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooh on the other world~

13. Ars

Ars Simple-Minded Trash

Reading List:
    Link
    ... :blobfearful::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely: I didn't even realize this was here.
    There are only ~20 chapters in the first part and 10 chapters in the sequel so this story's translation will be done in maybe two or three months or so, but if there are any questions you have, feel free to poke me!

Like TammyMay said it's just a very sweet and fluffy story. No drama or fighting, just hearthealing cuteness between a tsundere and a deredere :blobjoy:

As for what happens in the sequel:
    The sequel is entirely in Ilias's POV. The first chapter quickly goes through his thoughts on the events in Picked Up a Strange Knight, as well as how his feelings had started developing for Azusa. He worked hard to get the right to go back to Japan's world so that he could propose to Azusa and bring Azusa back with him. It's important to note that earlier (in ch9 of PSK) that Ilias explained that marriage is an absolute one-time-thing in Ilias's world. It doesn't matter which gender your partner is, as long as you're willing to love them for the rest of your life. Knowing this, Azusa agreed to marry Ilias and without further ado both of them were swept back into Ilias's world.

From there, the rest of the chapters are about the reversal of Ilias and Azusa's positions. In PSK Ilias had to be taken care of by Azusa, but now Ilias is the one worrying over getting Azusa shoes, making sure he's comfortable, and getting anxious about how rough his world is compared to Japan. For example, the roads are made of bumpy cobblestone and are hard to walk on, so Ilias worries that Azusa will have regrets about coming here because even the roads in Japan are so much better. Azusa, on the other hand, is just amazed at how RPG-like the world looks (with how many gaming terms he uses I'm pretty sure he used to be a big video gamer in his youth lol) and is amused by Ilias's worry. To Azusa, he's fine living wherever as long as it's with Ilias... (〃艸〃)

The rest of the chapters are pretty much in the same vein of Azusa getting settled in while Ilias worries over how his Japanese wifey will get along. Btw, unlike Ilias, Azusa has no intentions of being a stay-at-home husband and insists on getting a job lol. Ilias has a lot of worries in the sequel because he wants Azusa to be safe and comfortable and happy. It's really cute :blobjoy:

Leir, Pink-kun-s, Boinkers and 10 others like this.
  14. morticia_addams

morticia_addams Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any jealous, funny, cute moments?

15. GotDied

GotDied Just a friendly rotten hermit~

Reading List:
    Link
    Azusa is popular in Ilias' world because of his oriental features and seen as beauty.

Boinkers and Shizun like this.
  16. Li yue

Li yue Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Ars - sama will u please translate the sequel to?:aww::aww::aww: the sequel seem really cute :cookie::blobsmilehappyeyes:

Boinkers, soie_yoie and Ars like this.
  17. Boinkers

Boinkers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Raws for sequel. The story is told in ilias point of view. I just wished the author continued this. I actually like stories which has rpg like settings

https://novel18.syosetu.com/n1148dz/

midnight reader, Ryss and Shizun like this.
  18. wicketginger

wicketginger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

You have read the sequel!!

Can you tell me where to find it?

Is it the same length as the first?

Thank you for your help.

19. Karry

Karry Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heeeeeeeeeeeeey guuuuuuuuuuuys. Just dropping off here real quick to say that Taro-sensei updated a new chapter to the novel (of the prequel not the sequel):
    https://novel18.syosetu.com/n2163dg/22/

I read it. It involves summer, ice cream, and sex.
    My reactions to it::aww::blobamused::blobpopcorn::blobokhand::blobokhand::blobamused::blobokhand:blobmelt_thumbs