【2】the different relationship in china reader and writer

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by wazs, May 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    in china the link between reader and writer is more closer than traditional literature

the feedback is quick,so the writer can modify their writing plan,talk to readers,build a discussion group.

writer make demands of reader because on the on hand reader pay they,on the other hand reader can vote on their book.

Result of vote influence your pay and popularity.each month have once.

as the close relationship,the writer will write some meme(joke),maybe a word maybe a plot,that way sometime you dont know what are they talk about.

(any translator need this part?more than 3 asking i will write about it)

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  2. lnv

lnv ✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Reading List:
    Link
    And that is why a lot of it is crap. Being paid by the word means authors pad word count, and having the readers vote your living on a microbasis means the author losses control of their story and it ends up getting more boring as it goes along.

Donutmindme, GDLiZy, jbturkle and 2 others like this.
  3. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't worry,in fact some ture writer is “i dont fking care”,they update once a week but the vote is always high,and the carp usually business novels(if you dont plz see my first post,in there i wrote about it)

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  4. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    I feel like I'm reading direct MTL :sweating_profusely:

MasterCuddler and Femme Fatale like this.
  5. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Direct MTL is better imo but still a good try. Plus, it's probably because I'm more used to them

6. wazs

wazs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yes.....i suppose it will be easier for my poor grammar...

7. Wu Jizun

Wu Jizun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Disagree on the first part. I said this before elsewhere, find authors who don't pad word count and the genres that avoid them (unless you're insistent on certain genres for personal reasons). They're out there.

Plus, there are different types of contracts. If you were given the type applicable to only a certain number of characters, you're going to have to wrap up within that limit or do the rest for nothing.

Lastly, it can incentivise word padding, but it doesn't make it an inevitable consequence.

Kuro_0ni likes this.
  8. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That seems very unlikely. Only the top web novelists in China make any significant amounts of money. So where's the incentive for everyone else to do the same? It'd be like claiming that the reason why books on Syosetsu are so bad is because the writers there don't get paid so they put far less effort into their work.

It's far more likely that a particular book is bad because either the writer is bad or he made some poor decisions in his work. Word padding can sometimes a legitimate problem, but it's not nearly universal just because certain sites pay their writers.

9. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That probably explains why most Chinese web novels follow generic plots- running, rescuing damsels in distress, low cultivation overcoming the impossible higher powers, picking up women like cabbages, and the all too lovable face slapping. Cultivation world or gaming genre, same plot different setting.:whistle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.