尝谕 or changyu author of im really a superstar disappeared?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Southmonk, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Southmonk

Southmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well after the english team finish tling iras, i was looking for changyu new book so i went to qidian and found that his author page doesnt have anyworks at all. Does anyone know if he retired from writing? Or did he get totàlly banned until he cannot write at all.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    probably locked up in chains and getting his organs harvested

p.s. I've got no actual idea

3. Scyphoza

Scyphoza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as i know he got banned in china by their censors.

Vaeleri likes this.
  4. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    doesn't mean he can't write online.

5. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    In nowadays China, yes it mean exactly that... If he has been blacklisted by the censoring authorities, his previous editor certainly won't publish anything from him.
    Just have to wait until the day when the ban get removed.

readerz and Vaeleri like this.
  6. replay

replay ★Milk and Honey smelling Merchant★

Reading List:
    Link
    it may or may not come. . . .

7. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    he could easily write in chinese and have someone publish his work in English. he can publish his work using someone else as a proxy who going to know?

8. Southmonk

Southmonk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A full ban means he cant write online i thought? Or is like zhangye when he wrote the wukong thing?

9. FranckOA

FranckOA Killer Klown From Outer Space

Reading List:
    Link
    Way too risky and usually CN or JP authors doesn't care that much about foreign readership. The best for him now is to lay low, act as a nice citizen and hope it will pass quickly.
    Why would he risk any worsening of his relationship with the PRC authorities ? I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any wish to be offered a trip to a "free vocational training camp" ...

Last edited: Jan 31, 2020
    Dr_H_16, AmethystCherry and Astaroth like this.
  10. TheLovelyRose

TheLovelyRose Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh man that sucks. I’ve been waiting for an update on this story. At least I know what happened. Hopefully, his ban lifts soon

11. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, publishers won't mess with Chinese gov't. Their other works could be compromised, nobody would risk that much for a mediocre author.

12. sigmarc

sigmarc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Due to some problems with the SARFT the novel was put into hiatus, then he fought the case and is said to have won the case but still the novel is unavailable on the official Qidan website.

13. AzureEmpR

AzureEmpR Your Typical Bored Student

Reading List:
    Link
    Dunno, he might be under another pen name and i wanted to check whhy he wasnt continuing anymore a few months ago but its like he's disappeared even though he "won" the case. Guess the SARFT really got him handled, if only he had a beautiful wife working as the head of the SARFT

14. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he won but still cant write, i see the darkness here....
    idk if its possible for him to write using another name, but i heard some author
    write using different pen name because their last work black fans that keeps sending bad review and slander on their novel

15. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    he's not blacklisted

the novel was banned because it portrayed the sarft in a bad light. the mc often fought with the sarft and badmouth them

also he didn't get officially unbanned. he said that he was editing the novel but nothing more after that. we don't know if he lost his appeal or even finished editing/ or applied.

to be fair, like i mentioned, the parts where the mc fought with the sarft are huge chunks of the plot so it's not surprising that he couldn't make any proper changes to the novel. this isn't like horror house where all the author had to do was change the supernatural into sci-if but remove numerous chapters of plot

the author of ultimate scheming system said he spent months editing his novel and finally got it unbanned. i have a horror house was also banned and allowed back after editing.

anyway u can find the author of IRAS's new novel on some pirate sites so he was not blacklisted. but his new novel was not popular at all and he dropped it without any proper posts.

you can also find that IRAS is still one of the best rated in popularity and hits on most pirate sites...it's also getting a drama adaption

https://mydramalist.com/63999-i-really-am-a-superstar
    https://inf.news/en/entertainment/d46287ce22f55f114ded22a63b063ea2.html

so he is definitely getting tons of money from the drama adaption.

when the news of the drama hit, i did some search and found his qidian account + weibo so it's not what you all think it is.

anyway authors giving up their work is not surprising.

the author of night ranger - https://www.novelupdates.com/series/night-ranger/ also mysteriously disappeared after writing 4 novels and disappeared on the latest chapter. not even sure if he's dead or alive

OrzDemonic, rialm and sigmarc like this.