Spoiler 我真的不是气运之子 - I am really not a child of luck (Ongoing)

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Beren, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think this is up on Novelupdates yet but here's the MTL: https://www.mtlnovel.com/i-am-really-not-a-child-of-luck/

Author: Yun Zhong Dian
    Tags: Lucky protagonist, handsome male protagonist, transmigration, cultivation setting. No romance as of yet. Maybe comedy?

Synopsis:
    Qingyue Fairy: I once traveled three thousand miles with my brother to the west, and won the golden sun and moon in the Kunlun secret realm!
    Linglong Emperor Ji: I once accompanied my brother to the East Sea Emperor’s Burial Valley and accepted the inheritance of Emperor Dan!
    After the Undead Phoenix: Ha ha, a group of chicks! Do you know how he got his indelible body?

Through the Xiuxian Realm, Shen Tian found that he could see the luck and chance of other people around him.
    With the idea of rubbing the protagonist’s protagonist halo, Shen Tian began to make friends with those lucky children.

Later, everyone gradually discovered: No matter who it is, as long as you experience it with Shen Tian, you will inevitably encounter great opportunities, without exception!
    Since that day, Shen Tian has become the most popular mascot in Xiuxian Realm.

I'll update with spoilers as I read.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Tian transmigrated into the body of a 13th Prince in world of immortal cultivation. The Prince is very handsome with a high face value and his mother was a favoured consort & famous beauty. Unfortunately, she died after childbirth and he was neglected & his body is very weak. Shen Tian notices that there's a green halo on the head of the eunuch that serves him while the one on his head is black. He extrapolates that this correlates to luck. The Prince is unlucky and has disasters even from the most mundane of things - he raised a beautiful flame spirit bird which promptly drowned in the Royal Gardens, h planted purple dream flower was pulled out by a bear child,

3. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Tian tests out his luck halo viewing skills and notices a young eunuch, Qin Gao, with a red halo. Everyone else in the palace avoids our MC because he has the reputation of being a disaster star so Qin Gao is very frightened to be singled out of the crowd and stared at by the excited Prince. He thinks Shen Tian may have an unspeakable deviancy for him. Shen Tian can see within Qin Gao's halo that there's a lucky chance in the Imperial College of DaYan that's in the middle of the Imperial Palace grounds. In their collection of books, there's a historical book called the "Great Flame Calendar". Shen Tian hurries over to grab it and spends three days in seclusion, trying to figure it out, thinking that there's a secret in there. Unfortunately, he's unlucky so he asks Guibo, his loyal eunuch (backstory: was saved by his deceased mother so pledged to look after her son), to check ... and the green halo'd Guibo finds it in like three minutes. Turns out there's a cultivation technique within a jade slip that's hidden in the back cover, and it's the legacy of the Xiangri Mozun, who was a demon king. The technique is tailored to people with low spiritual root qualifications and is very fast, apparently you can become a nascent soul stage cultivator within 50 years using this technique. It's useless to him, so he offers to let Guibo practise this technique - making the already loyal follower even more loyal & he swears an oath to protect Shen Tian with his life. Shen Tian wonders what would happen to Qin Gao after he took his lucky chance.

4. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    Shen Tian goes off to find Qin Gao, but realises it's an Imperial Palace - it's hard to look for a single eunuch & goes to the Ministry of Internal Affairs to find out where Qin Gao is situated. Despite not having a good reputation & no relationship with this department, they tell him immediately to get him away from them - just in case their building also collapses like the Imperial College. Qin Gao turns out to be a servant under the 6th Prince, Shen Ao, who has the greatest cultivation talent and is a personal disciple of an elder of Taibaidongtian, a top holyland/sect of cultivation. It is expected that he'd ascend to beyond Nascent Soul within 500 years and live over a 1000 years so he has a special status within Dayan kingdom & the throne of the emperor is nothing to him. Shen Tian enters his palace, just in time to see Qin Gao being whipped to death by Shen Ao's servants because he damaged the nine-leaf immortal ganoderma. Shen Tian notices that Qin Gao's halo has become less bright red and has spots of green, meaning that his luck as decreased. He starts lamenting about how Qin Gao would survive this experience, find the cultivation manual hidden in the college, and eventually come back to destroy their kingdom and kill everyone in revenge (just like a protagonist of any novel). So he starts cursing Shen Ao in his head as a pig teammate. He steps in and asks his brother to stop punishing Qin Gao and takes him under his wing. He also asks for healing item since Qin Gao has many whip wounds. His brother actually sends him an expensive healing concoction, while stating that he's in seclusion & can't come out to greet him personally. When asked afterwards by his head eunuch, Shen Ao says that he's trying to build his foundation and doesn't want to risk anything bad happening because of this unexpected intersection with the unlucky Shen Tian. Shen Tian, on the other hand, is struggling to figure out how to fit Qin Gao into his household - if he makes him work as a servant, wouldn't this lucky guy come back and get revenge one day? So he says that he doesn't need to do any work, he just has to follow him and be available on call whenever - which scares Qin Gao into thinking that his guess of Shen Tian being a pervert was right!