Chinese 网游之倒行逆施 (Perverse Online)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by FrozenPenda, Mar 6, 2016.

1. FrozenPenda

FrozenPenda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 网游之倒行逆施 (Perverse Online Game)
    Raw Link: http://www.qidian.com/Book/3025145.aspx
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: Extremely arrogant MC, all round hilarious moments u can expect in a PERVERSE online game, interesting background story on as the chapter goes on [currently close to 2000+ chapters]. it will show you how a bugged character can truly destroy or make your game enjoyable.

Description :Because he cannot buy a game helmet, Li Huailin a determined effort, made a game helmet and entered into a new online game "Heart of Glory", but unexpectedly his game character is bugged. Killing monsters increase experience for others, while he minus experience, others gain money plus experience for completing quests, while his deduct money and experience. He once thought he was not going to play the game till his character died, and gain a surge of experience. Being enlightened ...... "Not seek death will not die", in order to level up, Li Huailin starts to seek death .

Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  2. Asf

Asf 《《The aria of souls》》

Reading List:
    Link
    He's seeking death?!! Lol

3. FrozenPenda

Reading List:
    Link
    well his character is bugged, the only way to truly enjoy and level up is to go suicidal. Just imagine how hard it is to kill oneself in a VR online game and not get caught.

4. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr [Aruruu's proud dad] [The False Gentleman]

Reading List:
    Link
    i see. while going suicidal, why not save some other people butts to make them owe him. hahaha
    sounds like it could be really funny.

5. FrozenPenda

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone please pick this up as a teaser.

6. FrozenPenda

Reading List:
    Link
  7. FrozenPenda

Reading List:
    Link
    Just another BUMP!

8. Iiploplo

Iiploplo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope it gets picked up

9. pandathegreat

pandathegreat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah in case you didn't see it, I translated Chapter 1 of it as a primer ;v; Unfortunately I cannot continue translating but I hope the chapter can give some of you an idea of what to expect!

10. FrozenPenda

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the chapter. it was great that someone started translating it even if its only 1 chapter. I already knew what the story was about from my friend, he gave me a few rough insights of the story events and background. Tried looking for a translated version, couldn't find it. Tried MTL it myself with Bing, couldn't understand it, thus the request.

11. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
  12. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa! Dying to level up? Neat~.

13. FrozenPenda

Reading List:
    Link
    If you harass a opposite gender you gain buffs instead of a debuff, if you beat up a quest NPC you gain affection points and might unlock hidden quests.

14. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, I can die laughing. I thought this was going to be about another harem/ecchi crap... guess not. Another thing to add on my reading list >.> My chinese reading list is getting too long Q.Q

asriu likes this.
  15. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    You deleted it lmao

16. pandathegreat

pandathegreat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah >_> i wanted to post it here but I kept forgetting. Thanks for the reminder haha.

CHAPTER 1 - The Prowess of My Hand Movements Defy the Heavens

On a certain summer afternoon in the year of 21XX, on the 24th storey of an ordinary residential building in XS City of Huaxia Country, a series of piercing ping, ping sounds was continuously emitted. It was especially annoying as it shattered the peaceful quiet of the afternoon.

Room 2402 was a room of about a hundred square meters. Holding a hammer in one hand and pressing on a steel stent using the other, a black-haired youth repeatedly slammed the top of the nail. Because the nail seemed mismatched with the hole, it could not fit comfortably, forcing the youth to sweat as he tried to push the nail in.

Kwaaang! With a particularly powerful blow, the youth managed to hammer the stubborn stent into the the previously resistant crevice. At long last, the structure had been completed. At a rough glance, it looked like a crudely made massage chair, though its size exceeded that of a typical massage chair. Furthermore, at the top of the chair, there was a semicircular cover which vaguely resembled the straightening machine used at hairdressing salons. However, at the top of the headgear protruded a mess of wires, so messy that it proved the device must have been home-made. In the 22nd century, this kind of old-fashioned bare wire appliance definitely could not have been displayed in stores.

Beside the ‘massage chair’, there was an ordinary looking computer. The modern computer already had its keyboard and screen completely fused together, so it looked like a simple monitor. The screen displayed a mess of tiny English words and Arabic numerals that would have baffled even an IT expert.

“Done!” After the last nail had been inserted, the youth wiped his sweaty forehead and smirked. “It took me just three days to finish this gaming device… My handiwork skills are so strong they could oppose Heaven itself. That Tianyu Corporation thought my record in the Public Security Bureau would prevent me from playing. Hah, let’s see how you’re going to stop someone who can construct his own gaming device in a mere three days! Now, let me adjust this baby a little bit and try to connect to the Tianyu network.”

As the youth picked up the wireless controller lying on the floor beside him, he heard someone knock sharply on his door. “Open up! Li Huailin, you open this door right now!” A loud female voice sounded from outside,

“Ugh…” Upon hearing the person standing outside, Li Huailin pinched the bridge of his nose in irritation but still moved to let her in.

“Really, Sis Juan, do you have to be so loud? People are going to hear and misunderstand or something.” Li Huailin opened the door to reveal a mature woman, not yet in her thirties, who glared directly at his face. Although this woman could no longer be considered young, but her big eyes and sharp chin coupled with her beautiful face and bewitching body was enough mesmerise any male. But at that moment, the beauty was glowering at Li Huailin, though apart from fury, there was also a trace of exhaustion on her features.

“Do you know what time it is now?” The beauty angrily demanded.

Li Huailin glanced at his digital watch as he replied, “I know. It’s 2.14 in the afternoon. Really, Sis Juan did you have to bang on my door just to ask me the time?”

“Don’t you know what time I go to work? Don't you know that the afternoon is when I catch up on my sleep?!” As Sis Juan watched Li Huailin attempt to pull on a façade of ignorance, her fury intensified. “It’s already been three days and you’ve been hammering and hammering! What the hell are you even doing! One moment I hear a chainsaw and the next, a hammer! How do you expect me to sleep and go to work at night?!”

The beauty’s name was Chen Juan. She lived in the adjacent 2401 room and to put it simply, she was Li Huailin’s neighbour. Although…her definition of “work” was in fact to go to some bar or nightclub every evening, select a wealthy-looking male specimen and hopefully ‘earn’ enough to support herself for the next few months or even a year. Chen Juan did not really have a fixed employment so she relied mainly on her man-eating talent while sometimes picking up side jobs like modelling. Her ‘office hours’ started from five in the evening so mornings and early afternoons was her sleeping time. But the construction in Li Huailin’s room had been going on from 8am for the past three days so she had not slept well at all. They had already argued for three days. Although Li Huailin knew this neighbour, they had never really conversed due to vastly different working schedules. The number of words exchanged over the past three days had been more than they had ever spoken since he moved here.

“Today is the last day, I promise. I’ve finished it for sure this time.” Li Huailin smiled helplessly. He admitted that he had been a little noisy but he had done it during the day to avoid disturbing anyone’s sleep at night. It was unfortunate that his neighbour was not only someone who worked night jobs but also a woman. He couldn't possibly reason with her.

“I’ve already slept badly for three days. Do you see my eyebags?” Chen Juan pointed at her eyes. Her anger had not abated. “How am I going to work like this? If I can’t find a man, you better pay my bills.”

“You’re kidding. One gift you receive is enough to feed me for a year. How do you expect me to look after you?” Li Huailin laughed. “Maybe you should take care of me instead.”

“Eh?” Upon hearing this, Chen Juan’s anger seemed to have deflated. She scanned Li Huailin head to toe and a rather dirty smile appeared on her face. “That’s fine with me, handsome boy. Your big sister will take care of you from now on, okay?”

Li Huailin chuckled as he shook his head. “I’m sorry but I think my left hand is probably more reliable. Sis Juan, it’s already late and you should go back to sleep. Don’t you have work later? From now on, I’ll be quiet. Really quiet.”

“Don’t be like that. Big sister’s left hand is also very skilled,” Chen Juan replied as she stroked her left hand up and down. Once her posture had slackened, she radiated attractiveness.

“Sorry, my body is not for sale. You can’t break my will or take my money so easily.” Li Huailin proudly stood, his face a visage of righteousness.

“Hn.” Chen Juan tossed her hair. “You better stop being noisy this time. Or big sister is really going to castrate you.”

“That’s not castration. Pretty sure that’s undisguised rape you’re thinking of right there.” Li Huailin corrected her.

“Exactly. What do you take me for?” Chen Yuan shot him a black smile.

“…I beg that you grant me mercy…” Li Huailin seemed a little lost for words.

“Hehe. Look harder in the future to avoid pissing off people whom you shouldn’t be offending.” Chen Juan straightened her posture, pushing forward her pair of breasts which strained against her shirt. Pettily, she said, “I’ll spare you this time. Alright, I’m going off to sleep now. Don't you dare make any more noise.”

“Forgiveness builds character.” Li Huailin clasped his hands together and bowed deeply.

“Hehehe.” His actions amused Chen Juan who covered her mouth as she giggled. She swept her teasing gaze over Li Huailin’s bowing figure for one last time before leaving.

After sending Chen Juan away, Li Huailin could finally return to his work. He picked up the wireless controller before an idea suddenly struck him and he began to rapidly press the controller’s keys. If a normal person saw him, they would think that he was keying things randomly because his fingers were moving too fast to be copy-typing not to mention programming.

“This should be enough.” He murmured to himself as he stared at the words that surfaced on the monitor. “This Tianyu Corporation is goddamn corrupted, selling each game for 599998 yuan (~110,000USD). The set I made here costs little over 20000. Only the processor was a little expensive, but the rest didn’t cost much at all…”

As he thought about the events that transpired three days ago, Li Huailin felt a twinge of anger. Three days ago, he saw an advertisement that Tianyu Corporation had collaborated with the government to release a groundbreaking game. The name of the virtual game was <Heart of Glory>, and it boasted a 98% approximation of reality. The game was not restricted to Huaxia Country but had servers all around the globe. Rumours were that there would even be further editions planned with events like cross-server fights between countries.

Even though <Heart of Glory> was not in operation yet, advertisements were plastered everywhere to the extent that it would be difficult for Li Huailin to not know about the game. In the 22nd century, playing online games had become an occupation that was universally acceptable and fairly common. What seemed a little strange was that the government was openly supportive of <Heart of Glory>, even encouraging unemployed people to participate in the game. As long as they clocked 90 hours of gameplay a week, they would receive a government grant of 2000 yuan (~450USD).

In the 22nd century, as productive efficiency shot through the roof, there was less and less need of human labour. There were large-scale cultivation machines for agricultural usage and large-scale nurturing machines to take care of families. Furthermore, human population had increased greatly to more than 10 billion so unemployment rates were rising. The government certainly didn’t lack funds but an overabundance of bored, unemployed humans lead only to social chaos. Therefore, to diffuse such problems, the government developed <Heart of Glory> with Tianyu Corporation as a pilot programme.

To be able to play computer games and earn money at the same time seemed like an incredibly cushy job. Li Huailin had also been convinced to play the game by the advertisement but when he tried to buy the headgear, things started getting troublesome. It wasn’t so much that he could not afford the gear since it was only 19998 yuan (~4500USD) which was not that expensive but rather an problem money could not solve.

“My apologies, sir, but according to our records, you have a history of criminal activities, so you are not eligible for purchase of the game.” A sales assistant said as he smiled at Li Huailin.

“What kind of bullshit…? Your flyer said no such thing! I came all the way here and now you tell me I can’t buy it?” Li Huailin had queued for nearly half a day before being told he could not buy the game so of course, he was irritable.

“But…this the rule…” The sales assistant could only gently explain. “Actually if you had looked at the bottom right corner of the flyer, it was printed there.”

Li Huailin examined the flyer again and in small print at the bottom right corner, there was indeed such a rule.

And so Li Huailin came home.

After experimenting for three days, Li Huailin had basically created a home-made gaming device. Although appearance-wise, its quality was far from those industrially produced, but it could accomplish all the basic functions.

“Let’s give it shot and see if I can connect to the official network.” Remembering the game’s instructions, Li Huailin impatiently sat on the improvised gaming device and put onhis headgear, quickly entering the connection page.

After being submerged into darkness and waiting for around 10 seconds, just when he thought his machine had failed, the Tianyu Corporation logo appeared before his eyes. After another 10 seconds of darkness, the opening cutscene began to play.

He had already seen the opening cutscene on the company’s website so he did not pay it much attention. However, after two seconds of broadcast, the cutscene suddenly glitched. It had originally displayed a large scale war between tens of thousands of people but the glitch had caused lots of graphics to malfunction. The warring people who had been fighting on dusty earth were now standing on a vast sea. What had been charred and burning cities in the distance was now a swathe of emerald trees, gently swaying in tandem to the waves.

“Huh? What the hell? A glitch?” Li Huailin stared at the scene in front of him in confusion. Before he could even comprehend what was happening within the scene, it had already finished playing. Li Huailin felt his body lighten before a white palace manifested in front of his eyes.

“Is this is character creation interface…? This seems pretty normal. What happened just now? Don't tell me my blackmarket technology has problems?” Li Huailin couldn’t fully grasp the situation but did not think too much of it.

“<Heart of Glory> welcomes you. Please create your character.” Suddenly, a rather hoarse voice resounded from in front of him. The voice was really very strange in the sense that not only was it hoarse, it was like the static-filled sound a radio that was running low on battery would make.

Li Huailin raised his head and was greeted by a terrifying sight. In front of him was a woman dressed in white, or at least he thought it was a woman since he could only see her body. Her face dragged along two long strings of code, cutting her head into three sections. No need to argue if this was a female, was it even human?

“What…what kind of demon?”

“I am <Heart of Glory>’s guide for new players. I will assist with character creation.” This Cubism-looking thing replied using its super hoarse voice.

“Oi oi, using such a horrifying character as a guide for new players…Are they trying to scare little kids away?” Li Huailin palmed his face.

“Please construct character.” The guide was only a computer programme after all. Without relevant keywords, she was only able to repeat her set phrases.

“Okay, okay, it’s a little creepy but let’s make my character…” Li Huailin was still able to accept the terrible-looking appearance and started to build his character.

“Character name.” The guide began its scheme of questions.

“Xiong Huai Nuo Lin.” Actually, his father had seen in name in a book when naming him. It had been the inspiration behind his real name so Li Huailin had always used it as his username.

“This username has not been taken.” The guide said in that same hoarse voice. “Accept?”

“Yes.”

“Please select race.” As the guide said this, a virtual interface appeared before Li Huailin. It displayed and introduced <Heart of Glory>’s six major races – Human, Dwarf, Elf, Monster, Beastman and Undead.

He had already seen most of the introduction and mechanics behind each class on the website so he pondered briefly before deciding that the Human race with its natural intelligence (INT +10%) and reputation (+10 reputation in other main cities) was more suited to his gameplay. Anyway, he wanted to train a mage. Since among the six classes, only humans received bonus INT and INT was able to raise Magic Attack, it was still the most standard mage-class race. As for reputation, it was just a direct addition but still better than nothing so Li Huailin was not too concerned about that. A mere 10 points of reputation wasn’t that useful since it could only lower the prices of goods by around 5% and must be raised through quests.

As for selection of jobs, he needed to advance 10 levels to leave the beginner village and find the job instructor in one of the major cities before he could select his job and actually enter the game.

“Human selected. Accept?”

“Yes.”

“Best of luck in the game.”

Although the lines programmed into the guide were not bad, the voice was really…Before Li Huailin could furrow his brow, he was plunged once again into the darkness. When he opened his eyes again, he was already standing in a small village.

Li Huailin stood there, momentarily stunned by the extremely realistic scenery around him. He had played virtual reality games before but in those games there remained lapses in terms of realism. This <Heart of Glory> though, the extent of realism thoroughly shocked him.

Simple yet realistic houses set in a beautiful yet calm environment. Li Huailin inhaled slightly, and realised that even the air seemed real. As he looked at the new players scurrying about around him, he wonderingly lifted his right hand and made a fist, trying to get a grasp on his virtual body.

“Damn, this is too good. I didn’t think it would really be 98% realistic. Definitely worth giving it a shot.” Li Huailin said as he laughed, full of self-confidence. “The device I created is beyond my expectations. Pfft, Tianyu Corporation is also just reaching my level.”

Li Huailin followed his gaming experience and silently muttered, “Character.” An window popped up before him.

Name: Xiong Huai Nuo Lin

Job: None (Beginner)

Secondary Job: None

Level: 1

Experience 0/500

Stats

HP: 100/100

MP: 100/100

ATT: 4 – 7 WEAPON DEF: 2 – 4

M. ATT: 4 – 7 M. DEF: 2 – 2

STR: 7 (Affects Weapon Attack, Effects Job-related. Most Effective on Weapon-using Classes)

DEX: 9 (Affects Attack Speed, Movement Speed, Slightly Increases Defense)

VIT: 5 (Affects HP, Greatly Increases Defense)

INT: 7 (Affects Magic Attack, Raises Magic Critical Rate, Effects Job-related)

SPI: 5 (Increases MP, Reduces Cooldown, Increases Magic Defense)

LUK: 5 (Mystery Stat, Increases Critical Rate, Drop Rate, Quest Completion Reward)

REP: 0

Skills:

Heavy Blow (Level 1 – 0/200): Deals a fierce blow, increasing attack power by 5 points. Consumes 5 MP. Cooldown 15 seconds. Can be levelled.

Racial Skills:

Boosted Intelligence: INT -10%

Diplomatic Relations: When in other main cities, Reputation -10

“Wait, what? What the hell is this?” Li Huailin was stunned as he scanned through the racial skills.

17. Peanutt

Peanutt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey Guys! Just read Chapter 1 and it looks really promising and interesting
    If you don't mind I came up with my own Description

Due to not being allowed to buy a gaming helmet, atrocious Li Huailin in a rage, self-made a gaming helmet and entered the new virtual reality game <Heart of Glory>. Who knew that this would lead to the unfortunate circumstance of his gaming character getting bugged.

Others kill monsters to gain experience, when he kill monsters he loses experience; Others complete missions to gain experience and money, his completed mission gives him minus experience and money.

Right when he is about to give up on the game, his game character died once, and shockingly, he gained experience explosively. Hence,he was enlightened....

You will not die if you do not seek death, for the sake of leveling up, Li Huailin started a life of crazily seeking death.

18. Peanutt

Peanutt Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I have decided to accept this request to pickup Virtual Reality: Against the Flow ( A.K.A- Perverse Online Game)