Japanese 虫かぶり姫

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by WhiteWolf42, May 23, 2017.

1. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 虫かぶり姫
    Raw Link: I can provide the raws, just ask (2 LNs)
    NU Link: Doesn't exist
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I once just want to read some plain romance novels. And this seems to be one.
    Description:
    Marquess Eliana, who loves books, spends her time as the fiancée to Prince Christopher in name only. One day, she witnessed the prince enjoying himself with a lady he was recently rumored to have relations with. Eliana, who learned that a lady who loved the prince had finally appeared, thought to cancel her engagement with the prince but... the situation plunged into an unexpected direction!?

Thanks to @Ilinox for the translation of the synopsis.<3

Cover of the first volume:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    Claire Lilly likes this.
  2. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    completed or on going?

3. imsodone

imsodone 『Creep』

Reading List:
    Link
    Its looks awesome.

4. Ilinox

Ilinox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, I took a look around too and couldn't find any mention if the 2nd volume was the last one. The WN version is completed but the author's note says it's still being published (not sure if the author just hasn't updated it yet or what).

Unfortunately, I don't have good things to say about this book but it's all my personal opinion and so your mileage may vary. Much like the summary hints at, the prince is acting cozy to another lady who frames and blames Eliana for a ton of things. You learn pretty quickly (like 1/3 of the book) that the prince, and all of his friends, were treating Eliana coldly because they were investigating this lady and her family who was out to assassinate Eliana. The prince is actually deeply in love with Eliana, and she only realizes she loves him too when faced with thinking that she had to break the engagement and let him go to the other woman.

What I didn't like about this book was the writing. Sentences just went on and on and on; expositions, monologues, and flashbacks just kept getting thrown at you and the pace was really draggy. When the big reveal happens, everyone stood around and explained things for like 10 pages about everything you saw in flashbacks. It's even worse because you pick up things pretty quickly (that things aren't what they seem), but you still have to slog through their hand-holding explanations.

I'm pretty sure a MTL can handle this. I don't recall the language being very hard... just crazily lengthy.

5. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ugeh so similar to CD

6. WhiteWolf42

WhiteWolf42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Which CD?

7. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    ah coiling dragon translated by ren from wuxia world which his thread currently hot topic on nuf

8. Claire Lilly

Claire Lilly ~Fairy of the Moon Blossom~

Reading List:
    Link
    A story about a girl who loves books?! Hmm, not much is said in the synpsis, I checked it out on the net, the art is really pretty and there seem some more volumes than just one. Maybe the story will get really interesting and worth reading. I'm in. I will provide a raws sample and if anyone wants to translate this and the teaser/first chapter(s) turn out promising I will provide the full raws.