Chinese 踏歌行 (Dominating Adventure)

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by RozenKristal, Nov 25, 2016.

1. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 踏歌行 (Roughly translate as "Dominating Adventure")
    Raw Link: http://tagexing.quanben-xiaoshuo.com/
    NU Link (if avaliable): N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up
    : Well, if you guys know me, my projects are Male -> Female transmigration romance/comedy/court politic novels; so this novel is of that type as well. I have only read the converted version (basically Han-Viet), but so far it is quite funny. I still have Crown Princess ascension and Love Rival Wife on hands, so I can't work on this one yet, but if anyone could, please give this a try.
    Description (if you can find one):
    A young man transmigrated to a new world, but unluckily, he was turned into a total perfect beauty. Will the young man who still hold the manly zeal resign his fate to become a lady that depend on another man? "She" goes up to the sky and down the sea to look for a way to revert her body back to be a male, not going to give in to fate. An unyielding soul under a perfectly feminine body struggling....

Some intro intro:
    Try to imagine a little missy with delicated body, naive appearance that always run around looking for top classed kungfu master to beat to the pulp, hand holding a bloody sword but the face show nothing is our "MC". In one night, she replaced her sworn sister to participate in a competition and got first place as the beauty queen of the brothel.

After that she found out a secret of the [Emperor name here], and it was an item that could revert her body to that of a male; so she took her 8 years old husband and friends to look for the item, beginning an anecdote of [novel's title/Journey of stepping over everything].

Edit: this shit is complicated... it gets dark quick with self-mistreated of the MC... I felt so bad ;(

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. Daike1234

Daike1234 THE GUY WHO TRANSLATE WITH THE HELP OF MACHINES

Reading List:
    Link
    Dominating adventure

Lol.trying.to.suggest.a.title

3. MeoWoe

MeoWoe [Altair] [Exqúisite]

Reading List:
    Link
    struggle again pitiful MC..

4. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm intrigued and yet...did I read this right? "...her 8 years old husband". I really need more info on this. And the brothel part too. Is it straight up comedy with 0 romance (can't imagine romance if she's married to a child). Is it the type of novel that starts as a comedy and then turns to drama and almost tragedy? (No consistency in the tone of the story. I've read too many of those already.)

Onelifeonelove and Solus like this.
  5. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank, that works really well.

6. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Haven't reached that part yet. Please don't take it too serious and imagine the marriage to an 8 years old kid is real. I didn't put a tragedy that in there, right? But so far it is straight up comedy. I doubt there is serious romance.

The brothel part, well, it is basically her debut as a "girl", as she always disguise as a man (cuz she doesn't wanna be a woman).

7. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    RozenKristal likes this.
  8. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Solus

Solus 自分のことお嫌いです

Reading List:
    Link
    No prob, it sounds interesting . (I never read male->female transmigration before :p )

Hope your suggestion get picked up by someone :D

10. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope so. Most of the male -> female novels that I have read have great story line and well written plots, so far I haven't encountered crappy ones at all.

11. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm, okay. It's not that I mind if she's married to a kid, cause weird things can happen in the ancient world. I just wouldn't expect any romance from the story, unless there's a timeskip later, that's all. As for the comedy turned drama, I mean novels like http://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-promotion-record-of-a-crown-princess/ and http://www.novelupdates.com/series/your-highness-i-know-my-wrongs/ that suddenly shift their tone for something more serious with someone nearly dying (near tragedy, but not really). I have no idea why the authors do that. If they start with a comedy, I'd like it if it ends like a comedy.

I guess I'll try reading it first and see how it goes.

12. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link

OOh, I understand what you mean now. Well, some novels can't stay completely comedy from beginning to the end. A shift in the tone is, imo, required to emphasize certain parts of the story. Take "Finest Servant" as an example, that novel is full of sexual innuendos and jokes from beginning to the end, but at time, the struggle of life and death + the romance between the MC and a certain female MC brought me to tears, despite how hilarious the whole novel has been; but it was moving.

13. lovelyxday

lovelyxday Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooh this looks funny...if only I had time RIP

14. SnowTime

SnowTime Busy Busy Busy, I Dug Too Many Holes

Reading List:
    Link
    Another novel to add to my reading list... one of us could try translating a teaser for further incitement of another translator to take it up... :whistle:
    This novel is straight up in my alley....... :cry: But my list of things to do is already too long
    RIP