Chinese 阿麦从军 - Amai Army

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by RozenKristal, Jan 18, 2017.

1. RozenKristal

RozenKristal NUF gender bender Emperor -> Queen

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: 阿麦从军 - Amai Army
    Raw Link: Couldn't find it yet.
    NU Link (if avaliable): N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up
    : It got a lot of good reviews, and also from one of my favorite author. Just a suggestion. This is kinda like Mulan where our MC is a female and she joined the army, fought wars to wars and became general.
    Description (if you can find one): I seriously hate those cheesy synopsis.... translating them make me have goosebumps :\ , so let me give u guys a general outline.
    Our MC name is Amai(?), her parents were transmigrated from a different world and she was the only child. She had an adopted brother and got a long well with him. One day, her whole family were destroy.
    Our MC and childhood lover (i guess the male lead?) were envisioning their future together, but after a few years, he became a general and a princess liked him, but Amai joined the army and fought, became a "War God" (some kinda title people give her), and then these 2 faced each other on the battlefield.

There is no typical cheesy romance in this one. From what I have learned, it is more implied throughout the story.
    Also, this book is the first of chronological series, the 2nd one is The Promotion Record of a Crown Princess, which took place 50 years later in the same world, the king was descendant of 1 of the character in this one... Then there are 2 other books draw out descendants from the 1st and 2nd one.

2. Chiiiiiiiii

Chiiiiiiiii >Daoist Thirteen Bears< >Hero Astral Saber<

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems pretty good~
    And to think that the mc was not a person who transmigrated, but the child of such =o
    The Promotion Record of a Crown Princess is being translated (?), and I liked it so I will probably like this one as well.

3. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Most of this author works is great imo. I especially like the how complicated the plot and schemes are.

4. Ruyi

Ruyi translator at CG

Reading List:
    Link
    (Got directed here from your other thread, aha)

Same author as Promotion Record of a Crown Princess? That's a good sign. I wonder if they'll make a drama out of this one too? XD

RozenKristal likes this.
  5. engrishtranslation

engrishtranslation Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm:

阿麦从军 means "阿麦" - Amai join the army!

6. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there no better way to correct people than facepalming first? Seriously, I am too lazy to look for a nice title, so a quick google MTL gave me that. Whoever pick up this could translate a nice title for us, you good now?

7. BlancFrost

BlancFrost ❄Middle child: Carm & Dev + Sio's FSIL ❄

Reading List:
    Link
    *watches thread*
    (^ ^) seems interesting~ hopefully this novel gets picked up.

8. Onelifeonelove

Onelifeonelove Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aww~ it was good until you said there's no romance.

9. HC

HC I eat, read, die

Reading List:
    Link
    Has the translator dropped Promotion Record? I saw the drama, and did not like it because the ML was just too thin for a guy, and how the flow of romance between the two leads were presented was just too abrupt. But basing from the first translated chapters, i'm guessing the novel is way better.

10. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    It is implied.

11. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there a lot of romance or teeny tiny bit of romance that is almost barely there?

12. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    More like the romance is there, but responsibility and other kinds of thing like loyalty and stuffs restrain it from happening.

13. Onelifeonelove

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm.....this sounds more like a tragedy novel than a happy ending one. It's the opposite of Mulan. Parents are dead and the general (male lead?) is with another woman?

14. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh hell, it is wayyyyy better. The novel reveal how our pengpeng tried to plot her exit game but the crowned prince always has a higher hand, he used her scheme to trap her and, multiple times, tried to convince her that he will take care of her for the rest of her life. She didnt seems to believe it though, but the ending was beautiful, HE for both of them, unlike the fucking drama.

I am the translator for promotion of crown princess, and sorry, i dont have time to do it anymore, plus a lack of editor....

15. RozenKristal

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope. The ending was opened to intepretation, there was a discussion among viet reader regarding the appearance of amai in promotion of crown princess and what happened to her relationship. We were guessing though.