Spoiler 소꿉친구를 폭군으로 키웠습니다: I Raised a Childhood Friend as a Tyrant

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Ocefossa, Jul 11, 2020.

1. raxellayoo

raxellayoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    seems like i skipped things, how about amelda and kendrick ending? i mean they're planning to take the throne w/ the help of black wizard, and how about her marriage w/ carmel, is it happening?

2. Jaokhaa

Jaokhaa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm always annoyed by the brainless MC who's always still followed OG plot. But for this manwha I overlooked it because of the ML.

ML is such a man is rarer than a needle in the ocean. I don't think there is a woman with brain was too slow to realize it after the man confessed his love.

I wonder that the MC tell the ML about she came into the novel world?

AoMay likes this.
  3. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I found it more a justified instance as it plays a part of her motives. Kind of like Dana in For Stella and is enforced in the novel The Obsessive Male Lead made me the Female Lead.

Though I do admit most of the time when a FL follows a plot especially if they are villainess or someone destined to die are surprised when deviations do happen when they are actively changing things with family members or improving relationships or don't comment on them the way one might expect. I love Carina in Survive as the Hero's Wife but her holding onto the plot for so long is kind of agrecious after a while when she plays an active role in changing things for her own life.

Viche didn't do anything much, she was aware that SHOULD have changed things. It was described she was Jade's friend who got killed. She just showed some kindness here and there but stayed faithful to her role. It's Jade who changed things.

Though I guess it could be our own biases there too. If FL read a book about these two people who looked to be practically soulmates and they didn't end up together or weren't interested in one another I guess that can be jarring. Maybe that's what is meant by the OG plot. Well, the romance aspect of it. Though admittedly if writers are trying to go with this approach, no doubt it is often executed poorly. Especially since we only see small excerpts of the OG novels if only a runaway phrase. Not even getting into the secret white lotuses I'm not. Just a different perspective of things, I try and get characters' motivations no matter how bad or good they might be like Aria in Tales of Maydare because I'm a literary nerd.

Viche wants to go home, if she acts the part she can get it, or at least that's a belief. And one that doesn't seem too unfounded if you think about it, considering how she got in the world in the first place. It might be a shot in the dark but hey. I also noticed she is sort of distanced and has never really fully "assimilated" so to say in the world, something that that motivation is keeping her at bay and guiding her to her actions. Like with her dad, she obviously loves him but she is conflicted on following her motivations to go home or her heart and save him. But after a certain amount of time she was bound to be tunnel vision to her task and role in order to keep it up.

It was described early on she heard a voice that is she fulfilled her role and all things is doing well. She did die but something went wrong. We know it was Jade but she doesn't and we don't know for sure if Jade really time traveled until much late and like the second she learns Jade remembers everything it changes everything. She knows know she can't go home and it fianally hits her, in a lot of ways and she can finally finish her integration in the world and finally begin to leave and let go of her old world behind.

Thanks for listening to my Ted Talk.

CUEBEE5566, mmem, Yume-sama and 3 others like this.
  4. Jaokhaa

Jaokhaa Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thanks for your comment.

For me the only good reason she followed the OG plot by pairing Jade with the saint, is to break the curse for Jade.

But when two people said they don't want it, they are not happy with the matching. She should stop it suddenly and find another way to break the curse.

Sorry if my English is too weak to be communicate my real thought.

5. thomie

thomie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When will they get together???? I mean dating :mad:

6. missbluesunglasses

missbluesunglasses Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Following

7. luanara

luanara Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happen to the princess from the neighboring kingdom(?), is she annoying or two faced? Can someone spoil me her character.

8. AnniePoo

AnniePoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Total goosebumps. Great insight.

MightyDragoon453 likes this.
  9. WhiteCoffee

WhiteCoffee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or Jade for being possessive clingy person is annoying, toxic and disgusting?

Or women in general just like this type of guy?

Laylaisalive likes this.
  10. Jhil

Jhil Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmao who's the real in this fckng story????

11. Muskanoo

Muskanoo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished reading this novel after manga i have been very curious so I ended up being here...and it's worthy...the story is nice..I really enjoyed it .....it's make my heart heavy now because I have to leave because as the story reached its end........ but I am owner to be able to write about the story....it's amazing....

12. Incarnadine

Incarnadine Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Aight so I kinda hate this… bear with me.

she was kidnapped and brought to this primitive world and she wants to go home and she can only go back if she plays her role that was in the stupid story right? She did her part and she go’s back to the past!

That’s horrible! It shouldn’t be a romance nove it should be a tragedy! If that punk jade had a part in her going back in time I’d curse him for all eternity.

you know what? Ima write a story like this but instead of a happily ever after ima make it realistic where fml is enraged with all her being at the thought of being stranded on this crappy place. It just doesn’t make sense! God is cruel and so is whoever made her hard work be for nothing!!!!

Jian Yue likes this.
  13. TheFuzzyLumpkin

TheFuzzyLumpkin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want a story like that, check out Kill the Villainess.

14. ReineLamia

ReineLamia Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agree with your list, I will add
    - Commentary to help the Emperor's child
    - To you who never loved
    - There were times I wished you were dead
    -(worse ML) On the knees of the Emperor

Will we learn more about his main life in our world? I've read the spoilers but I don't feel like we'll know later.
    Is the reincarnation story a little off? Why did she go from one world to another? Besides, where was his soul between the two timelines? She gets ripped off by following the book in the first timeline until she dies as planned to finally come back younger, we know that Jayde goes back but between the time of his death and the time he uses his power, we knows that time has passed. I wondered where his soul was wandering during this time, his last memory is of his death so no reincarnation in between. I find that between his coming into the world and the second chronology, there is a lack of well-written coherence so that we, the readers, fully understand the but of it all.
    I didn't finish all the reading (day pass in my country) and I didn't find this info in the spoilers. If anyone knows, I would like some info please. If I missed them in the spoilers I apologize in advance as well as my bad English.

Yume-sama likes this.
  15. magfuentes

magfuentes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “Do you know how worried I was? Why did he suddenly collapse after being fine... … . why. Take this necklace too. I was so afraid that things would go even worse because of me... … how much… … .”

I was relieved that Jaidel had opened his eyes, and soon I felt sad.

“… … non-body.”

I burst into tears at the sound of a low cracked voice.

"Do not hurt… … . that's scary you really... … afraid to die I am so scared.”

I know how absurd it is to say not to get sick unconditionally, but I couldn't stop my mouth from moving freely.

“Are you worried?”

“Then you collapsed, aren’t you worried? What the hell... … . How do you see me?”

“Why were you worried?”

"What are you talking about?"

Isn't it natural that I care about Jaidel? It's not an exaggeration to say that my life is flowing because of me.

“You are just trying to leave me. But why are you worried?”

"When did I… … !”

I had to keep my mouth shut when I tried to retort. okay. I thought my actions in the meantime might look like that to Jaidel.

“I might really die.”

“Don’t say that.”

“Then stay by my side.”

“You are not dying.”

He hated Jaidel for making weak noises.

“It’s okay to die… … Just give me some love.”

“What, what are you talking about?”

“You love poor things. Love me because I will be the most pitiful human being in the world.”

“… … .”

I was speechless. what are you talking about

“When you died, I just thought I wanted to see you again. When I met the 10-year-old you again, I said that was enough... … . Even if I die now, there is no time left. But since I've been with you... … I am a greedy person.”

“Jaidel… … .”

“It was exchanged by turning back time, such as life, so it wasn’t unfair to disappear anytime.”

Power went into Jaidel's hand that held my hand.

“But I want to live now. I want to live when you are by my side But if you leave... … I have no reason to live. Living with this heart is a series of more terrible pains than I thought.”

Jaidel, who spoke in a calm voice, seemed to be confessing.

“Don’t you love me?”

In response to Jaidel's direct question, she truly felt that this situation could not be avoided this time.

"I… … .”

If it had been me just a short time ago, I would have said no. After living here for so long, I was still a rich man, a bystander, and I thought I would never belong here.

However… … I was a little different now. I will regret that I cannot go back, or even if I go back, and I have a life here.

And now, I didn't know what would happen to Jaidel with the contents of the original story changed so much.

Will I be able to break the curse, no. I won't die tomorrow I will definitely regret it if I lie again now in a situation where I can not know the future.

"you… … .”

finally met That Jaidel is not a character in a novel, but Jaidel. That fate has already been twisted for a long time.

"I like you."

I liked the words he spat out shyly as if squeezed out.

“No, I love you.”

I quickly realized that I couldn't express my feelings with those light words.

“… … It has been like that for a long time.”

I had to admit all the feelings I had denied.

More than anyone else, I wanted Jaidel to live and be happy. So he fell in love with Cecil and hoped to break the curse.

However, the first feeling he felt upon learning that Cecil and Jaidel did not love each other was relief. I pretended not to know that faint feeling that preceded worry, but in fact it was.

“Ugh.”

At my words, Jaidel's eyes widened and she jumped up from the bed and grabbed her chest. The pain came from the sudden action.

“Jaidel, are you okay?”

"again… … Say it again."

"yes?"

“What do you think of me?”

Jaidel grabbed my arm and asked, leaving her aching heart behind. Funny enough, Jaidel's expression looked suspicious, as if she couldn't tell if it was a dream or real life.

“I love you.”

“… … it's crazy."

No, what do you mean I'm crazy when I say I like you? Jaidel's reaction was embarrassing.

“Am I already dead?”

“You are alive.”

“I can’t live to hear such a thing from your mouth… … .”

what do you think of me Jaidel's words relieved my tension and forced me to smile.

"no. I do not care. Whether in reality or in a dream.”

Jaidel's hand holding my arm became stronger and Jaidel's upper body approached.

“I’ll just do it my way for now.”

When I tilted my head to see what it was, my body was pulled. The moment I felt Jaidel's face approaching, something soft and moist was already touching my lips.

My mouth opened wide in surprise, and something hot came in between them.

“”

surprised. I was so shocked that I couldn't even close my eyes.

My first kiss wasn't sweet. So hot and heartbreaking, yes. It contained such sadness that it made me want to cry.

Jaidel's hand, which had been resting on her arm, moved to her cheek and back to the nape of her neck. Jaidel was swallowing my breath, like a man drowning in the deep sea seeking life.

"My… … .”

As my breathing quickened, I tried to remove Jaidel, but the Jaidel, which held onto my body tightly, did not know that it would fall.

“Jaidel!”

His lips parted as he hurriedly called for Jaidel in the gap. It was only less than an inch away. Jaidel's closed eyes opened, and the dark purple eyes stared intently at my wet lips.

“Sue, I’m suffocating… … .”

Many words such as too intense or dense passed through my head, but the words that finally came out were the words that I was suffocating.

"yes."

However, my words could not continue because of Jaidel, who soon collided with me again. What does 'yes' mean? Did you listen to what I said? In the first place, Jaidel had no intention of listening to me.

I squeezed Jaidel's shoulders as the sticky kiss started again. My head was white and flashing.

Noticing my stiff body, Jaidel swept my back with one hand. Like, okay. relax. as if to say

"under… … .”

As if to fill a hungry stomach, Jaidel's lips, which were holding me greedily, fell.

“Vice… … .”

Jaidel's face brushed her cheek and landed on the nape of her left neck. With her forehead buried in her shoulder, Jaidel's breathing felt like exposed skin.

Jaidel's hand, which was wandering around her back, wrapped around her waist. I was suffocated as I was pulled closer. The sound of her even breathing rang in my ears.

"If it's a dream... … Let's not break.”

Jaidel's voice was wet. Hot water dripped down her shoulder.

“Jaidel?”

The other person's reaction after the first kiss is tears. As she was about to disappear, Jaidel's hand wrapped around her waist slipped away.

"Well?"

Then, Jaidel's body, which had been leaning on his shoulder, staggered and fell to the side.

“Jaidel!”

He quickly supported Jaidel's body and laid her on the bed. Jaidel's eyes were tightly closed as if she had just woken up was a lie.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Bastian and AnniePoo like this.
  16. NullShadow099

NullShadow099 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ayo can u tell me if someone tells u cus ive been searching for an hour and cant find it (╥﹏╥)

17. dindi

dindi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Opinion ( I edited the entry since ended up being longer than planned ^^')

I read the first (and half the second) seasons of the manhwa before letting it rest for a while and I just finished rereading up till the latest korean chapters + finishing the spoilers (last time I read till the visit to "hell" part since that was the breaking point for my suspension of disbelief XD) and I must say I quite enjoyed Viche as an airhead MC.

True, it can be annoying when they fixate in the OG story, but the humor was quick and light and Viche was the butt of the joke most of the time (which was refreshing IMO), with the ML and the rest of the cast laughing at her. And there were some moments that make me LOL, literally. It would have been very annoying if Viche was more of a dramatic heroine, and it would have been very dull if she was OP. I think this is one of those stories that benefit from being read all at once or in big chunks: if you are waiting every week to get some progress you might get frustrated and not enjoy the interactions between the cast.
    Cecilia might awake as a superior being writing the novel at the end but she should improve her story telling a bit XD the fact that Viche was "summoned" and assigned a "role" just to make a story about another meta-story.... Could have been handled better. It just feel like a wasted opportunity. The setting could work even without mentioning transmigration just by stating that Viche felt a strong calling to fulfill a fate... I mean, that was basically the motivation of the villain of the story, the princess wanted power "just because". It would have tied a bit better with all the themes about the Goddess and the Saint if the topic was about free will vs fate.

Also, I'd have loved to see the original timeline, their childhood before the regression as well as ML plot to seize the throne... And a bit more insight on why he became emperor again. From my POV, it was not needed for Jade's purposes... But he might as well do it :/ you need resources when you are trying to break the imperial curse. He even kept his half brother alive just because the plot with the princess appears later, but it was not needed and out of character IMO. Also, the dragon living inside of him feels very deus ex machina (dragon ex machina??) but it doesn't really do much in the story, right??

Overall, the story is light and entertaining. At some points it feels like a stage to make a bunch of endearing characters interact so it doesn't feel as a very planned plot. Even the visit to "hell" feels like a plot device to use "you will even follow me to hell!" as a joke. This is not a complain per se, I just think the story could have been tied better IMO.

Shout out to Duffrey. He and Viche made me lol a lot. I really loved his duality while moving between the mundane and the divine. Cecilia appeared before him as life, death, heaven, hell and the whole universe and he responded with the equivalent of "in *this* life, I would really like just doing laundry and taxes with you".

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  18. NullShadow099

NullShadow099 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is there an english version of the light novel???

19. Minhwan

Minhwan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you mad??? If ever Viche sacrifice herself (again) ML will follow her up even in hell so there's no use of protecting/sacrificing if the person you're protecting/sacrificing with wants to follow you even if it's heaven or hell, plus you're way of thinking is twisted just like Viche XD no one wants their loved ones to make a sacrifice for them(unless you're a scum who only thinks of yourself) since that will only add their guilt even more rather than helping them

P.S. I'm not mad or angry, I'm even laughing to your comment XD