Discussion 108 Maidens of Destiny Translation.

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Tobi, Nov 10, 2018.

1. aru

aru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No offense, but I didn't say my English was the best. I was implying that you shouldn't call other people's English vomit inducing at your level.

The thing about English is that you can move parts of speech around and still be comprehensible/without error, within reason. The common way to write that would have been "open his eyes wide," which is a figure of speech meaning shocked/surprised, but you can move the adjective "wide" to in front of "his eyes" and still convey the same meaning.

I suppose it could be interpreted that way, but it wasn't an error where you had to doubt the translator over it... especially when that part wasn't an error at all.

You're misinterpreting what "money can be exceedingly high" means. It does not mean she has a lot of money, but that she views money as all-important.

I don't read the work enough to know how good or bad it is, but it seems your issues with the translation are not with the grammar, just your interpretation of what "correct" English should be.

2. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    You could also use "widen" and still convey the right meaning. English, compared to a lot of languages, has a lot of flexibility with structure in some cases.