LCD 108 Maidens of Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only move that sounds amazing is Yingmei's 'Long Blizzard Nights' skill.
    Well it's part of their common Sense?

2. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    might be so...

3. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...Okay, and? Par the course for a CN WN imo.
    To be fair, the names are pretty... exaggerated, but that's not really an issue since almost nobody goes around shouting attack names in the series except in passing or seeing somebody else use them. It's not like Xinjie shouts "Speed is a crucial asset in war!" in order to use it, she just uses it.

Wrlk, Junqing shouts out her attack move sometimes though.

Names are names. You can ignore them and are just there. I've heard worse.

Honestly, what gets me more than anything is the almost incomprehensible descriptions of what they where.

Like, other than skirt, palace dress, and armor...some of what these girls supposedly wears are impossible to even imagine.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  4. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm really sorry if the names are long and dumb-sounding. Part of the fault lies with me because I favor a faithful word for word translation of what the author writes. This is for two reasons. One, some of the attack and weapon names are actual Chinese idioms that cannot be condensed in an easy way (Xinjie's "Speed is a Crucial Asset in War," for example). For many of these, I cannot shorten their names. The second reason is that the author will make reference to the specific number of characters that compose a name. In order to keep faithful with these circumstances, I have elected to preserve the full name of everything. Sorry if that bothers you.

Crywolf641 likes this.
  5. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dood, screw apologizing.
    You do good work, and while the names are kinda unwieldy for us largely western-centric (generally)lazy ass readers, I appreciate the explanation.
    Though I'm personally wary of overly literal translations myself. Either way, you do good work on the whole!

Though, tbh...the long(ish) names aren't that bad and are honestly hardly even a bother.

The ONLY name that bothers me is Su Xing's nom de guerre: 'Purple Thunder Monster'... and only bc it's hard to take seriously when ya hear it. And Xinjie's 'Speed is a Crucisl Asset in War' sounds cool, and is pretty direct and on point.

The pun on Junqing's moves(slunt that she is) is outright hilarious!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  6. Cataporozo

Cataporozo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Thousandswords

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not actually blaming you or anything. You do great work and I'm thankful for that.
    I think the main problem with the names is, there's no coherence between the words in the names and they seem like unrelated words jumbled together.

And, I mean no ill will, I like to criticize others and often my words are harsh but deep down I love humanity.

8. Crywolf641

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm nothing for you to apologize for from what I could see. You just translate the words to what they truly translate as.
    We don't have much of a complaint as you do a Great Job in translating and editing the novel.
    and just like what he said
    Well to be fare to the author this is a work that was inspired by the 'Water Margin' So those words may or may not have any relation to the characters them selves

9. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya gotta love how subtle and romantic even the lewdest of scenes involving Su Xing tend to be....

Compared to Hanyan and Junqing anyway.

Still, a smoother capture and two bangs! A good day indeed!

10. RedWingFM

RedWingFM Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Here is another spoilers. Maybe some already was, sorry. I just read it, and... Well...

Finally some hard info about Qinqci. As you may suspect, she is....

"Heavenly Leader Star" Song Qingci.

As @Newhopes already said, it's a hot action with Zhao Hanyan's Star Maiden, Dong Junqing. And after some fivesome featuring Lin Yingmei, Wu Xinjie, Hu Sanniang

1. Lin Yingmei or First Wife (of course it's she)
    2. Wu Xinjie
    3. Princess Yan or Zhao Hanyan
    4. Hu Sanniang or Hu Niangzi
    5. Dong Junqing

Su Xing's 'Wife for a Millenium' Wu Song

P.S. For @Schwarze_Kreuz please use Gathering instead of Uprising when you are describing Qingci's ability. It is heavily implied in story that this is more fitting :blobowoevil_horns:

11. Crywolf641

Reading List:
    Link
    the main reason he probably TL it as Uprising is because they are rebelling against the Maiden Mountain. So I say it's fitting.

12. Thousandswords

Reading List:
    Link
    everyone is addressing each other as "Your Servant" this is definitely weird, " this lowly one" should be appropriate

13. Crywolf641

Reading List:
    Link
    It's too late to change it now.
    Plus it sounds pleasant. So keeping as it is is fine.
    But tl would be the final judge.
    What do you say? @Schwarze_Kreuz

14. RedWingFM

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, in my opinion
    She is Gathering Star Maidens to oppose Star Battles. Well, I don't claim that we must read Uprising as Gathering, it's just my opinion

15. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. 'Your Servant' is less self deprecating and preserves some self respect... and sounds less awkward.

Uprising would honestly be more appropriate.
    Now, it is true that Qingci is 'gathering' Star Maidens to her side... but let's not beat around the bush. Her goal is most certainty to 'rebel' against Maiden Mountain, and against the Star Duels themselves.

And let's not forget what happened with the Jade Armed Craftsman.
    Qingci is not above forcing sisters ro her side if negotiations won't work.

Also, going by the Marquis of Wen Lü Fang's attitude and actions... 'Uprising' fits WAY better than 'Gathering' by far.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  16. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is in keeping the translation in line with the previous translator, who used "Your Servant." Also, flows better.

This is one of the nuances of the phrase's technical definition. It means "gathering for an uprising," and the usage of "gathering" vs "uprising" was something I already internally debated. "Uprising" was chosen in the end because it expresses Qingci's intent, whereas I felt "Gathering" would not convey the same thing.

Crywolf641 likes this.
  17. RedWingFM

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, okay :blobmelt:

18. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. [They were the Flame Princess Tuoba Yan and Fiery Eyed Suan’ni Whole Star Deng Rongxi that had pledged the Nether River Blood Oath with him before.]

Didn’t think we’d see them again so soon! Still, good to know that Touba Yan wasn’t written off!

2. I kinda felt bad when Zhao Heng got curbed stomped the way he did back in the Purple Jade Birth Treasure Outline fight, but fuck him. His attitude is, while prolly typical of Star Masters, is crap. Asshole.

3. [To say of it, he indeed was very timely. Just as Su Xing and Lin Yingmei were having intimate intercourse, he suddenly sensed that the Nether River Blood Oath flared up, and he heard Tuoba Yan’s plea. Therefore, Su Xing could not possibly watch them die and not save them, to ignore them.]

Another example of:
    A. Why Su Xing is a total boss as an MC. Dood earns his harem!
    B. That he isn’t al ln about his lust. Dood is surprisingly super responsible.
    C. That…he is literally fated to be cock blicked more than not.

You know what… The Great Liang Dynasty’s royalty almost all suck anyway…
    Su Xing. Yingmei.

KICK THEIR ASSES!!!!

How much you wanna bet that Touba Yan's flags h.g ave all been raised with that one timely, badass entrance?

Su Xing just straight up floated on down like a boss to save the day.

Crywolf641 likes this.
  19. Crywolf641

Reading List:
    Link
    I have forgotten who they were. Haha who is Zhao feng again?

20. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Zhao Heng is Hanyan's older brother and made his appearance wwwwaaayyy back in Bian City back when Su Xing was looking for reoc blade sand.

His 'official' entry was at the Purple Grade Birth Treasure Outline where he and another Star Master got their asses handed to them by Su Xing and Yingmei and was among the first to actually bitch out of the fight because of them and then was attacked by Yan Wudao's Star General I think.

The Featherless Arrow is a real piece of work though.

Whatever, he's just there.

Touba Yan is also, just kinda there too though...poor girl.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Crywolf641 likes this.