LCD 108 Maidens of Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Su Xing's defense...

It's not like he had much in the way of interactions with her since the Blooming Water dragon thing.
    Every interaction has been super short n sweet too... and, there were other women there in the way too.
    ...And, Caiwei isn't exactly (outwardly) gushing over Su Xing with affection though...
    It doesn't help that Su Xing doesn't mean to blow her 9ff as "merely a friend" so much as that's just how he is.

But yeah... poor girl.

2. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Schwartze
    So this is what you meant back when you mentioned Siyou's new skill!

I see!
    Ah, um.. for everyone else... refer to Ch. 266.
    It's when Su Xing and Siyou ended up in that hot spring and kissed.

...Siyou's first impressions were awful, but unlike the gutter slunt couple Hanyan and Junqing, Siyou really fixed herself and went from "clingy BFF man hater"(well, Star Masters mostly, but meh) to "damn she's a good woman" in record time by risking life and limb to see for herself what the deal was.

And unlike most of Su Xing's uncontracted(atm) heroines, she has had a crap ton of ship tease and development.

I love it!
    Plus, drunken sword fighting!? FUCK YEAH!!!
    This state even put her in Extreme Realm 1st Stage to boot!
    Aside from Chao Gai, this puts her at the peak of power for known Star Generals(well, that we've seen anyway).

A kiss and love unlocks...TRUE. POWER!!!!

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  3. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    okay can anyone clear me up....Wu Siyou is now a star general under Su Xing?the fake "Lord Hisband" became a sure "Lord Hisband" now?

4. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. No. Siyou isn't contracted to Su Xing yet... She has a while to go before that actually happens.
    2. The Lord Husband thing has been real for awhile too.
    She's in love with him, no doubt about that... Refer to Ch. 266. That's pretty much where it becomes her pet name for Su Xing, at least up to now anyway. It's pretty much official and all she's missing is the contract at this point.

5. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    uh....the Kiss Contract not working on her?

6. Qavsell

Qavsell Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not yet working

Chai Ling later on

7. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That wasn't a Kiss Contract.
    My guess was that it was the trigger for her Heaven Earth Dark Yellow skill.
    The effects are her drunken state and her jump to the Extreme Realm.
    ...Just as you see. Ft.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  8. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She did not invoke the Kiss Contract. The Star Maiden must want to invoke the contract, but the same cannot be said for the Star Master. The Star Master can only have compassion, but not the conscious will to sign a contract.

9. darkofficer

darkofficer Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    do we have some kind of images for all the stars ??

10. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really, nope.

11. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. [“Come to think of it, Chai Ling, do you not feel that My Young Lord is very familiar?” Wu Xinjie ineffably said.]

Recall chapter 1.
    When Su Xing crossed between worlds between Earth and the Liangshan Continent, he briefly made contact with the Star Maidens before the incarnated into the Star Duels. One of the descending stars actually passed right by him just before his jet crashed i to the Thousand Mounts Kingdom.

And just as he saw them–they saw, and reacted, to him too.
    Destiny comes full circle and is proof of what he said to Chao Gai back in ch. 238 actually being that very kind of situation.

It’s something in the forums i hypothesized about too, but meh. I forget where though...

2. I wonder if Yingmei caught on to Siyou calling Su Xing ‘Hubby’?

12. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    She definitely notices XD

Lyner likes this.
  13. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. Found it...
    The thing that Xinjie was talking about was something I brought up back on page 17. It's in reference to an earlier comment about the 'heavenly mysteries".
    [But yeah...on the thing being called a 'Heavenly Mystery', the only thing I can think of is... the fact that he may have actually 'glimpsed' into the 'Star World' itself. Or more accurately, on the day he disappeared... Su Xing had passed through a lightning storm and he was met by 2 strange phenomena:

1. The images of what likely were the Star Maidens themselves. He peered at them, and they DEFINITELY peered back at him.
    2. The passing of a shooting star that apparently, gave him quite the headache.

Finally... he arrives in Liangshan Continent three years after the Star Duels began at the tsil end of the First Phase, 'Heavenly Stars'.

My guess is that fluke of a random encounter caused both he and the Star Maidens 'hearts' themselves to actually 'resonate' and gain... a kind of attractive force towards each other.

This...could explain why he keeps running into them without even trying. They're 'seeking each other out'.

However, as evidenced by their myriad reactions when encountered, temperaments, and nature of the Star Maidens... that doesn't mean that said attraction will always be good, or even direct.

I hypothesize that the star that passed by Su Xing was itself a Star Maiden descending and that there's actually a time lag in crossing dimensions like he did. In fact... that Star may have been one of his Contracts even.

Those are my thoughts anyway.]

...She's, not too mad about it I hope...

14. MidnightAce

MidnightAce Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    not sure if anyone posted it but this is what i could find
    muojia,xtreemhost,com

15. MidnightAce

MidnightAce Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    shoot i did not realize that might re read the chapter

16. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    is she really calling him that in Chinese or is this the whim of the TL?the "Lord Husband'' sounded nice

17. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, indeed, she said Hubby in that sentence. She didn't say Lord Husband.

18. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ch. 335...

1. Dramatic irony abounds YET AGAIN!!!! These poor Buddhist Kingdom idiots are in for a trolly rude awakening. Being Supercluster Middle Stage don't really mean shit to a guy whose overall power is actually comparable to Supercluster Middle Stage at Galaxy Late Stage... not counting techniques and items ofc. Plus, woe unto to the poor bastard who realizes that all his wives are Star Generals with over half being Heavenly Spirits and three being the Leisure, Majestic, and Harm Stars no less!
    2. The flirting was cute. Only Su Xing could get away with it.
    3. The way Su Xing shut down that Buddhist master was great! Bais em and then humiliates them, all while flirting!!!

19. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    So since the latest chapter featuring couplets has confused some people, I'll just drop this helpful link I found. Perhaps it can explain some of the literary background of the Chinese couplet.

See here.

20. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Qingci is getting worried....

But I'm kinda surprised that they'd assume Su Xing was sent by Maiden Mountain.

To reiterate:
    1. Su Xing actually hates the Star Duels. The only, ONLY thing he seems to like about them are the Star Maidens themselves.
    2. Su Xing's ultimate goal is to permanently end the Star Duels once and for all iirc. He even told Shi Yuan that when she asked him back when they were hunting her Star Beast right before her.... service and before the Damage Star showed up.
    3. Maiden Mountain actually has it out for Su Xing and Chao Gai even personally threatened yo kill him and his girls. Though, who knows how serious she actually was, given recent events.

Of course, nobody really knows about any of this, but still.
    Kinda unfair to just limp him in as an wnemy when the guy would prefer to be left alone.

Also, he does contract the Heavenly Solitary Star iirc, yeah?
    Poor Qingci. She red flagged herself.

And is Xiao'er seriously considering to be Su Xing's enemy?

...That would... suck.
    I know she's not part of Qingci's Uprising, or I'm pretty sure she's not.
    Still... kinda didn't see that...