LCD 108 Maidens of Destiny

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Parth37955, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Schwarze_Kreuz

Schwarze_Kreuz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, man, sexy time between Su Xing and Zhao Hanyan :blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed::blobnosebleed:

What a shame it didn't last longer or was more detailed...:blobpeek:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Crywolf641 likes this.
  2. Crywolf641

Crywolf641 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I won't lie. I got a boner all the way.
    :blobpeek::blobReach:

Schwarze_Kreuz likes this.
  3. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobowoevil_horns::blobpeek::blobReach:

4. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. [“Regardless of if something happened to him and I, Junqing, so long as you know that This Princess’s heart is clear as a mirror for these Star Duels, that will do.” Zhao Hanyan replied.

“Your Servant shall now go kill him.” Dong Junqing lifted the Dragon And Phoenix Yin Yang Spear taking up a stance about to leave the Immortal’s Abode.]

…Meanwhile, Su Xing is actually working hard at not heing a burden….

2. [Both sides reunited elatedly. Only then did Su Xing go see the precious materials inside the Immortal’s Abode.]
    …Let it never be said that Su Xing isn’t a man without his priorities.

3. Su Xing is all alone…. Damn. Prolly not for long, but still…

4. That gutter slunt Junqing won’t try to hit on Yizhen or Suwen, will she?
    …The thought alone disgusts me to no end….

<shudders>
    ...Sorty, I'm still not that big a fan of Hanyan's.
    Still, it was nice seeing that side of her.....

Last edited: Mar 9, 2019
    Crywolf641 likes this.
  5. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got mixed feelings on Hu Sanniang...
    I just hope she at least grows to legitimately 'like' Su Xing at least.

...I'm not a fan of using ppl for revenge and such...

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  6. tahzib1451

tahzib1451 Title?is it food?

Reading List:
    Link
    my brain is already fried.....

7. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she’ll definitely change as the series progresses, but a good parallel for the Hu Niangzi and Guan Ying plot is Sasuke and Pain from “Naruto,” with a certain other Star General filling in Itachi’s shoes.
    Chao Gai

Why? Tell me your troubles...Dr. TL is here to listen to all of your distress :blobpeek::blobReach:

8. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    <chuckles>
    You are pretty awesome!

And by paralleling Itachi, you mean the whole 'Greater Scope Villain' thing?

9. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorta, but I was moreso talking about what Itachi does to Pain.

Guan Ying finally wakes up, admits her weakness, and rescinds her contract with Great Saint Starkiller. Conceding that she is too corrupted to continue on, she willingly allows Chao Gai to take her into the pagoda for refinement, much like what Itachi did to the resurrected Nagato.

10. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Schwarze
    I see... Damn, I really do feel bad for her....

11. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ....That was too convenient.

I mean....
    I was expecting to see her soon, but damn was that quick!
    And she was naked too!

Welp, that's fine.

So, does Su Xing Contract Yuqi soon, or is there a bit yet?
    As in... is Little Tang the 10th or 11th Contract?

*Su Xing's current # of Star Duel Covenants, in order of Contract by type.
    6th Heavenly Majestic Star Lin Yingmei - Kiss/CPR (Type 3 Contract)
    3rd Heavenly Knowledge Star Wu Xinjie - Kiss
    107th Earthly Thief Star Shi Yuan - Kiss
    56th Earthly Efficacious Star An Suwen - Kiss
    36th Heavenly Skillful Star Yan Yizhen - (likely)Mutual Pact (Type 2 Contract)
    88th Earthly Solitary Star Tang Lianxin - Kiss
    4th Heavenly Leisure Star Gongsun Huang - Kiss
    13th Heavenly Solitary Star Lu Shaqing - Kiss
    59th Earthly Bright Star Hu Niangzi - Kiss
    ----
    All but 'officially' Contracted at this point:
    10th Heavenly Noble Star Chai Ling - sort of a justified case
    14th Heavenly Harm Star Wu Siyou - Just plain stubborn
    ----

12. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    Qingci is so naive....like hell LIn Chong and Wu Song will get shaken when they become enemies....get ready for a big disappointment.....dumb bi**h...

13. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. A fatal flaw of Uprising has (probably) been revealed! That is... if an 'Uprising' contracted Star General Starfalls, then they die for good(normally). This is pretty logical if we assume that Qingci's Uprising is a unique Star Maiden ability and NOT a mechanic of the system itself. This means 2 main things:
    A. Her Star Nest is most likely not a 'genuine' Star Nest since, if it were, then a Star General's 'death' wouldn't be permanent.
    B. It's not a legitimate Contract type, but neither does it technically break any rules as it oughta be counted the same as using an innate skill. The implications of this oughta be pretty obvious, but this actually puts Qingci at a bigger disadvantage compared to Su Xing who can only really be guilty of dimension hopping and coming into contact with the 'Hearts' of the Star Maidens *before* coming to Liangshan Continent.... though, it was entirely against his will at the time.
    2. Qingci is on the right track and *almost* right in some respects, but she is missing some very vital details of our boy Su Xing.
    A. He HATES the Star Duels with an almost fiery passion.
    B. Maiden Mountain is his enemy(except for Chao Gai, kinda) and is moving against him. The same is true for Su Xing though.
    C. Su Xing is Neutral Good. He's no saint, but he's got principles he WON'T budge on... by virtue of being a disciplined ace soldier and general nominal/pragmatic gentleman. Betrayal is actually a pretty big berserk button for him. The only ppl he's outright been a thieving asshole against have been Great Sects, rival Star Masters, and belligerent Star Maidens. Might I add that they almost always started it in near every instance this occurs.
    D. Su Xing has NEVER forced a contract on ANYONE. If anything, contracts were forced on him. He has thought about it, but only cuz he respected the power that they had and didn't want an enemy over actually being greedy. This only happens once or twice though, and he only ever glances over the idea before never brining it up again. He can be pretty aggressive in his proposals though, like with Wu Siyou... though she's the only real example of this.
    E. Qingci sorely underestimates how both sincere Su Xing is and how much of a scheming bastard he can be. Out scheming him is actually pretty hard to do. You need to be as clever as Wu Siyou, Zhang Yuqi, and Wu Xinjie to get the better of him.... and they're all on his side.
    3. That petty slunt Jade Armed Craftsman can eat shit.
    4. ANOTHER reunion in the Black Turtle Sea? ...Oh man
    Except... Su Xing won't see her as an enemy and snags her too!!!!

14. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    did Su Xing just get shot down by the Boatman like a jet in Vietnam?

15. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh?

16. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    Nay, more like a narrow miss!

17. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ...So Hu Niangzi, atm, intends to kill herself after she gets her revenge?

Not gonna lie. That mindset PISSES ME OFF on a very personal level... I'll leave off my motive rant, but please. Tell me she gets better.

I like her, and I do sympathize with her... but I can't be on her side about a bullshit mindset like that. You lose the right to off yourself the minute you entrust your goal--and life--to someone else. Especially if she feels bad about dragging him into her vendetta. Plus, Su Xing would NEVER be okay with that kinda outcome.

Sorry, but not okay.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
  18. tahzib1451

Reading List:
    Link
    Xi Yun's expression makes me feel that leecher Su is a reincarnated individual who transmigrated....
    and why is the 4th star trying to kidnap the daughter in name only?:blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink::blobhyperthink:

19. Schwarze_Kreuz

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a reason why I say she's the Sasuke of this series; she has nothing but revenge left. However, that's beside the point. The main issue is that Niangzi is compartmentalizing her feelings rather than taking time to actually grieve.

She does get better, but the problem is that she's thoroughly crushed right now, weighted down by extreme depression. Her best friend (husband in the original Water Margin) was killed, and Su Xing comes along, who was a glimmer of hope that she could move on with life; only for that hope to be crushed by the realization he has 9 other wives before her. She had a romantic ideal of achieving revenge, undergoing catharsis, and giving her heart to the man that called her Wife and that she called Dear Husband, a very intimate form of address. But that seems near impossible now.

From her perspective, there is no room for her at all in Su Xing's heart, not when she has so many other wives to contend with and who have undoubtedly been more intimate with Su Xing than she had. Her life was shattered with the death of Wang Ying, and any semblance of hope for life after love has been extinguished by Su Xing's seeming playboy persona.

Only after she goes through the process of grief does she finally decide to love again.

Su Xing: Little Huang, I need Tangtang.

Little Huang (thinks to herself): Maybe if I pick up Tangtang, he will finally see me as an actual wife? I won't fail him!!! Hm? Other Star Generals, I'll just steamroll them.

Basically, Su Xing gave her a mission, and she will fulfill it no matter what because as she said so long ago in the Buddha Kingdom.

"Your Highness, Little Huang loves you!"

Last edited: Apr 6, 2019
    Lyner likes this.
  20. Lyner

Lyner Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not gonna lie... I chuckled a bit at that. Good one.

But, to be fair. Su Xing does see her as a wife. I mean, there was that epic lady killer moment of reciting a love poem in front of EVERYONE followed by straight up getting aroused by her loli loveliness in the bath after meeting Little Candy.

Su Xing even straight mentally pointed out that, with Little Huang at least, it didn't matter that much that she was a loli, kinda... Well, it's more like Gongsun Huang just transcends common sense.(ch. 378)
    And... she did point out that Star Maidens have no ages (ch. 340)
    ...She can even get away with being a pretty hardcore stalker.

...A good take on her situation. I just take issue with her coping behaviors... grief or no.
    That said, this analysis does explain her extreme behavior/thought processes.
    Not gonna let it slide, but this gives much more context to it.