Recommendations 21st century weaponry to magical word /cultivation world

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by iWH1te, Jan 19, 2019.

1. iWH1te

iWH1te Sloth Immortal under the Heavens

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically, something of the likes of Gate. But with more indiscriminate killing and a less beta spineless JPcharacter.

I think there was this novel I was reading where the MC reincarnated on a trash noble (wow what a surprise), and he got a system where he could take out modern weapons. His father's territory was being attacked and he joined the fight throwing grenades, using an AR-15 and it was like, lol get wrecked lmao. The more he kills the more he levels up kind of thing. I forgot the novel name. But yeah, novels like that.

2. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  3. GameMaster

GameMaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm i am interested in the novel you mentioned can you please tell the name ?

4. iWH1te

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember it! I know I added it to my favorites on my old computer, but my laptop didn't make it to 2019 lmao. I'll search for it. It was really funny tho.

GameMaster likes this.
  5. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  6. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It makes me wonder if chinese authors will ever use the same idea.

GameMaster and iWH1te like this.
  7. Cutter Masterson

Cutter Masterson Well-Known Super-Soldier

Reading List:
    Link
    Here’s some suggestions-
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/modern-weapons-cheat-in-another-world/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/science-shall-prevail-over-magic/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/isekai-dungeon-de-rta/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/in-a-different-world-with-a-smartphone/
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/arifureta-shokugyou-de-sekai-saikyou/

8. Tianshen

Tianshen Ex-Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    There was some, but how should I say this, it's chinesified. Like The Empress's Gigolo, MC can travels between modern and cultivation world. He brought a lot of things from modern world including weapons from something like electric baton, guns, walkie talkie, sarin gas, and then in latest arc in chinese qidian, he brought nuclears.

Cutter Masterson likes this.
  9. madness-

madness- The Wanderer

Reading List:
    Link
    Did chinese have a nuclear weapon? :hmm:

10. Alfha Robby

Alfha Robby Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    honestly i don't understand why most people here just put link to some dead Novel which never got translated for several months if not years, do you seriously expect everyone to read MTL or RAW like you who recommend those shit.

also most novel were either the type good at beginning but run dry out midway and become so boring,
    and the worse if not all some of those novel didn't have proper description about the physical appearance and personality of Main Character (Self Insert FaceMC) let alone other side character or even the antagonist with horrible Plot Story while for some reason MC become Harem Chick Magnet without putting that much effort.

i mean the only barely readable one is Only those who receive anime adaptation like smartphone, GATE and Arifureta which honestly just another average Novel with average Story Line also Maou no Machizukuri already receive Manga adaptation its only matter for it to receive anime adaptation as well.

honestly i recommend Virtual World: White Emperor (although its suffer with become boring past 500 chapter but the early Few hundred chapter were simply masterpiece) though its not really an Isekai

also Experimental Log of Crazy Lich is a good Isekai Novel albeit its more into Magitek where the MC use Undead Airship (seriously that's a fucking Sentience Bioship) with undead spell Magic Cannon and Anti Aircraft Magic Tower where bunch of Wizard shoot out Magic and SHield Barrier. also MC create Motorcycle which run on Magic Battery for the Wizard (though this kind of Weaponry were not the Main Focus of the Story so i don't think you guys would have that much patience to read over few hundred chapter just for that.

also "To Be a Power in the Shadows" may not use 21 century weaponry but the mc make use some of modern knowledge like Magic BUllet, Slime Armor while his subordinate create chocolate from mc's knowledge and create banking system in the kingdom so i don't really think i could recommend it if you looking for modern weaponry in fantasy world.

the other barely acceptable (not really good novel to me) novel that i could recommend is "I Have a Mansion in the Post Apocalyptic World where the MC have the power to move into 22 Century where the Third World War bring nuclear winter and regress the civilization into Medieval Age with advance scientific weaponry and also he bring those futuristic gadget into Modern world 21 century where two Wanderer tank of Pan Asian Cooperative could decimate the entire Tank Batallion of M1a1 Abrams of USA.

but then again this novel is about Modern Weapon Isekai into other worlder
    so Virtual World White Emperor isn't really an Isekai so out
    Experimental Log Of Crazy Lich isn't really about 21 century weapon but more like Magitek based on MC's Memory of his past life
    while I Have a Mansion in the Post Apocalyptic World isn't really about Magical Fantasy world so all of those three novel is out

edit: some of those Novel suffer Pay Wall Disaster so try to read that on Wuxiaworld.co instead of Qidian International Webnovel.com
    while virtual world white emperor isn't really that interesting past 500 chapter plus the Translator no longer give any update (damn it i literally eat my own words) so it's not like i expect you to read it all the way into chapter 511 since its not really that good to me anymore for past 500 chapter.

iWH1te likes this.
  11. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    I think they recommend because the few translated chapters there are are good and worth reading despite not getting the end.
    But i can't really support them as i didn't read some of what they recommended.

iWH1te likes this.
  12. Alfha Robby

Reading List:
    Link
    hmm do you even read my thick unnecessary long line, i already read the raw of those novel and i'll say this again most of them is really boring after few tens od chapter since you even have a hard time to tell which one is speaking or describe the character like MC and Heroine, i mean even worst of them you couldn't tell which one is who and what kind of hair or what kind of personality the mc does.

so nope although these early chapter is kinda interesting but you'll quickly become bored since that's just how bad the world building it's.

13. Tsuru55

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh ok. But yeah kinda foresaw they were bad as i didn't want to read them + saw some reviews (with bad notes because they are the only ones that tell the bad points of the novel).

14. GameMaster

GameMaster Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    still waiting for someone ti tell me the name of the novel that got mentioned at the beginning

15. Alfha Robby

Reading List:
    Link
    GameMaster likes this.
  16. Alfha Robby

Reading List:
    Link
  17. iWH1te

Reading List:
    Link
    I started reading it and nope, that's not the novel. I'll read a few chapters tho. I'm disappointed because all the recommendations had a few chapters translated and that was it. Anyways, big thanks to everyone that took the time to write on the post. Cheers!

18. Alfha Robby

Reading List:
    Link
    really but I clearly remember that MC use AR-15 as the prototype thogugh
    kinda forget about it since its quite been some months last time I read it.

19. Alfha Robby

Reading List:
    Link
    yes they did even israel have it