Feature Request 2FA for www.novelupdates.com

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by Fi, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Fi

Fi Chosen One

Reading List:
    Link
    can I request implementation of TOTP for the main site, not only at the forum?

2. alpha01

alpha01 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is another account of @Fi. At the moment, the problem with 2 factor authentication on this account and that account is that I am unable to log in to the main site, also when I am logged in, I am not simultaneously logged in on the main site.

3. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    You mean where the main site won’t let you log off if you are logged into the forums or vice versa?

I think you are confused about what two factor authentication is... It would mean requiring both the password and some other factor like an id pass or thumbprint or *something* for logging in.
    https://www.securenvoy.com/two-factor-authentication/what-is-2fa.shtm This is one of the top google searches.

Currently logging into one half of the site automatically logs you into the other, and I think this is what you are speaking about. I don’t want that to work the other way as it would become impossible to log out for users.

4. alpha02

alpha02 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah. should be two step verification.

I should make this on bug report.
    Steps taken:
    - Register an account on main site.
    - Verify the account through email.
    - Activate two step verification, use any OTP application to activate.
    - Log out of the both site (clear cookies and active logins).
    - At this step, it is impossible to log in through the main site, log in through the forum.
    - Logged in the forum. Open the main site.
    - I am not logged in on main site.

5. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you requesting it or it’s removal? What error are you getting when trying to log into the main site? Or do you just want people to log into the forums? I’m a little confused, sorry. The log in verification should be the same for both sites, but you may need to log into each one separately.