Feature Request 3 Requests - Official Spoiler Thread, Hide Images, Manual Tracking by Novel

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by King0Mik, Jun 19, 2019.

?

How many days are in September?

1. 28

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 29

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. 30

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  4. 31

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 32

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    Official Spoiler Thread for Novels
    This would be similar to the official latest chapter discussion thread for novels.
    There would be a link to the official spoiler thread on the NU page. It would be next to the link to the LCD for the novel.
    The icon could potentially like the Disqus spoiler icon: upload_2019-6-19_9-35-4.png
    Or an exclamation point style icon: upload_2019-6-19_9-35-29.png
    The spoiler icon used on NUF may be too confusing since the flag could also represent reporting a bug.

Why I'm Requesting It
    It's a hassle to have to search for the spoiler page every time I want spoilers for a novel, especially if the novel name is long or not particularly unique.
    Often, when someone makes a spoiler thread about a novel that had a spoiler thread, another user will simply link the old spoiler thread; therefore, I believe it would be more straightforward if we just have an official one that is easy to find.

Hide Images on NU Page
    I would like an option (perhaps in NUF Preferences) to hide the book cover image for novels.
    Additionally, this feature may be expanded to also hide user profile icons.

Why I'm Requesting It
    It could improve load times and could cause less data to be used (for users on mobile)
    Personally, some of the book covers are cringy, and I would prefer to not have to see them all the time. (This is the main reason TBH)

Manual Chapter Enter by Novel Instead of by List
    A user can choose to manually track a novel by changing some option associated with the novel in their reading list, rather than have to manually track all novels in the same reading list.

Why I'm Requesting It
    Personally, I sort my novels by contents, and some novels have paywall chapters, so I would need to track them manually, and I would not have to track all novels in the same list manually.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    Astaroth likes this.
  2. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean for now until it is implemented you can use the notes to track manually

3. King0Mik

King0Mik 【An Actual Idiot】

Reading List:
    Link
    That's what I'm doing now, but it's still annoying to have to open up notes every time I change the chapter, and I tend to change the chapter I read as I'm reading through (just in case of a browser crash or something of the sort).

4. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone who stalks that subforum, most of the time when people told them to check the old thread and show them the link, it's because the opening post is a variation of this:
    Spoiler please!

And the following post would be a variation of:
    +1
    Or
    Camping

5. Angely

Angely Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why not have multiple list for manually tracking? You can make more than one list & use notes when you have time to update for extra backup. I get it's a bit annoying & tiring if you have a lot of lists though. I personally also find it annoying you can't duplicate novels so you can track them seperatly per list for example as to keep track of it for both official & raw progress etc. Is this what you also mean?

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    The potential issue with this is that someone might be looking for a specific kind of spoiler, but doesn't want other parts of the novel to be spoiled, so if they had to read through an entire spoiler thread to find what they're looking for they'll most likely have gotten a lot of other things spoiled as well.

But since having an "official" spoiler thread doesn't prevent one from making another post asking for a specific spoiler I don't see why not have both options, so I'd totally be for having a spoiler thread for each novel.
    +1

Also imo it would be nice if we could change the tracking on the novel's page directly instead of having to go to the reading list. I don't even use manual tracking atm since I think it's more effort than it's worth.

At that point I might as well just use regular bookmarks.