Discussion (3) what do you think about... A Guide to Raising Your Natural Enemy?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by efo, May 28, 2021.

1. efo

efo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read half of that and took a break because... well because I needed to, but I want to know your opinion.

personal opinion: maybe it's just me but I felt like it's unnecessarily long and it's long because of mc's naivety. I don't really mind naive mcs but he REALLY DOESN'T LEARN and for the first time it pissed me off. at some point I was like "MC THAT'S ENOUGH! JUST LEARN SOMETHING, ANYTHING." ( I know that it's because he was a hamster and doesn't know how human mind works but I think there has to be a limit for that. ) well, I hope it gets better when I continue. aside from that it's a very sweet and funny novel. I just hoped that smut scenes were a little more detailed but... well, there's nothing we can do about that.

well, what do you think about it?

Shio likes this.
  2. UndyingSLIME10295

UndyingSLIME10295 [•Figment of your Imagination•]

Reading List:
    Link
    *looks at the tags* I guess it's time to lurk.... :blobthinkingsmirk:

Sutad Aatma and efo like this.
  3. Lois.

Lois. ❲.❳ Wooosh.

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok ok I understand your point but honestly most long novels really just squeeze the juice out of the characters naivety or stupidity so they could make longer stories. We also should understand that it's really easier to make a story out of a character that is more stupid than the author rather than make a novel with a mc who is smarter than the author because by then they just make everyone except mc stupid at some point.

efo likes this.
  4. Onigiri-o

Onigiri-o Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tbh while reading the novel I never really got angry. IMO the novel was really fluffy and cute. I don't really know what you mean by the MC learning something(?). The MC is quite quick to learn things, like he has the spiritual thing and how his memory is big. The part where it really angered me was the extra about the youngest son of the MC and ML, other than that I don't think I have any other issues ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is just my opinion

efo likes this.
  5. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been a long long time till I finished that novel but here we go
    The MC, for the first half, does not learn anything because the ML wants to coddle him and thinks he already knows everything and oh the pitiful child lived alone and all
    And then! Bam! MC is learning everything at the speed of light. The plot armor becomes thicker than the wall of China (like most of the chinese novels, not surprised) I lost interest then. It was just a mindless read after that. There was no real charachter development for any characters tbh. It was just dog food, dog food, some face slapping i guess, and more dog food. It was quite boring.

Fuyuneko and efo like this.
  6. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC is a hamster, u cannot treat a hamster as a human. This novel is just for giving us dog food as they spread fluff all over. Moreover, MC was in a world that is totally diff from his ordinary world. He needs time to get used to it. Some novels are just for fluff, it's diff. from the good plots and background novels.
    The only part I find amused was I don't know how they think their fetus is a tumour.

Issis and efo like this.