Discussion 6th sense in real world

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sawanara murasaki, May 11, 2018.

1. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    I personally like to refer to intuition in subject of so called 'sixth' sense. I believe it is a subconscious analysis of all information that is available to our brains to give predictions to our consciousness from time to time. But as subconsciousness could be misled, intuition can fail too.

Sabruness likes this.
  2. Noor

Noor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it is not a 6th sense but an extension of the other 5 senses. something like, the eyes can see a bit more wavelength than normal thus being able to see things that should not be able to although blurry.

3. Green Apple

Green Apple Actually I'm secretly an orange.

Reading List:
    Link
    So... optical illusions are 7th sense?

4. Ignus

Ignus Philosopher of Flames

Reading List:
    Link
    A 6th sense. Yes it exists.
    You can feel it when someone is looking at you.
    Bloodlust exists, but I have only sensed it from animals.
    I have sensed a hawk dive bombing me, when it thought I was prey. Something similar also happened with a mountain lion.

Going into the supernatural... a 7th sense.
    I would tend to write this off, but all I can say is that one evening, when I left a friends house, I begged, which is not something I normally do, to hang out for another 15 mins or so, cause I felt that if I left now I would get in a car crash.
    I regret not listening to myself to this day. I truly felt it, sensed it, and did not listen to myself.

5. SenjiQ

SenjiQ [Wise, for a Bird]

Reading List:
    Link
    6th sense? You mean the Vestibular system or are you one of those Proprioception System purists?

(If you don't get the joke, there are already 7 recognised senses in the human sensory system with some additional ones that may be independent senses or functions of other systems, e.g. whether the sense of touch should include the sense of heat or not. A supernatural sense would therefore be a minimum of 8th sense)

6. SomeDude

SomeDude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    6th sense as in supernatural or scientific ?
    I prefer it in the scientific way like "gut feeling" because our brain is processing a fuck ton of data but our consciousness can only focus on some of them.

Here, a study on it:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2649045/

7. Kanna Kamui

Kanna Kamui Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    People who have 6 senses are actually people who have a very strong spirit power and because they have no technique or manual they can't control it very well that's why they see weird stuff :hmm: . I hope this clears your doubt fellow daoist :hmm: .

8. Liyus

Liyus Laksha's Desu~ Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    6th sense is a name for having other sense more sharp than the norm....my case i'm sensitive to people who try to come close to me(because of that i don't like crowded places) but that only because i'm more sensitive to vibrations and air movements....

9. Diedonetw

Diedonetw Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't your intuition your 6th sense? Some people got stronger/weaker intuition

10. Grassroot

Grassroot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My fellow atheist

11. valzione

valzione Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk man, sometimes i see signs of future when i sleep or zone off, very rarely anything concrete but i see it anyway. I'd think it's just deja-vu effects, but sometimes i find fairly specific images or writings of mine that describe situations fairly accurately. When i asked my parents about it, i found out that most females of my mom's side seem to have something similar.

Downside is that i can't predict when the vision happens at all.

As for seeing things that aren't there and sensing something, i do get that too but i'm fairly sure it's just my mind.

So i do believe sixth senses exist, but it's likely regressive trait, which means it has eventually phased out and rarely appears, and even then within set bloodlines or random atavistic trait. And assuming it appears, it's likely everyone mistakes it for psychosis or something and it'll very likely be really weak. It is hard to prove psychological traits after all.

You can think about past religious nutjobs and shamans, even if they were cunning and figured out they could just hoodwink the majority, they'd need something that the masses don't think of and win their respect and faith.
    Even if they werent some psychics like in anime, they may have been able to predict future with a sixth sense to a degree, like feel slight attraction from moon and then connect it with movements of water bodies by observing their surroundings and then hoodwink everyone by saying it's gods' doing.

12. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    englanishis. not even once

13. JadeWhiteSkin

JadeWhiteSkin please rescue~

Reading List:
    Link
    1. why should a sixth sense have anything to do with the dead? did you rewatch that certain movie too often? -.-
    2. scientiests say we have way more than those "5 senses" .....

14. Sherrynity

Sherrynity I see no God up thereā€¦ other than the chaotic void

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, I believe in sixth sense. I live a region where they are like our (invisible) neighbor.

In middle school, I once had friend that can see them, so I know for sure 6th sense does exist. My middle school was right beside a cemetery (it looks almost like a forest with those 30m-tall trees) and every new student needs to go through a 'welcoming ceremony' so we won't be disturbed by them.
    The rule in my previous school was quite strict, especially regarding illicit relationship, though the teacher won't punish the perpetator(s) because... well, they would be more than willing to take the job. :blobsweat_2: It wasn't weird to see someone (or usually a pair at once) to get possessed every one or two months. Usually it happened when they tried to have a date and kissed at school. At first we were baffled by those occurence but later on such scenes are like normal entertainment to us.
    There was once a possession case in other class when we are in the middle of lesson. Everyone in the said class were panicking and it could be heard by us in the other classes. At that time we were like "what happened?" "Someone got possessed" "Oh, which class?" "1-8" "hahaha" and resume our class like normal.

15. burning_ice19

burning_ice19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you are not yet updated about the 5 sences science already announce their are more than 5

but if you are talking about the paranormal sences it was either you are born special/ sensitive or you only have Grade 8 syndrome.

Well me myself can see things that can be consider part of paranormal, but not to the point that I can communicate but rather doubt it as part of imagination.

Also sometimes, ramdomly I can dream a very vivid dream like it was part of reality and remember it for a long time then suddenly one morning I am facing that same dream in reality. -is it clairvoyance or deja vu?

Well their are many things that science can approve or deny easily after all maybe this paranormal can be a part of Quantum Superposition or something like that.

Or maybe I am also just blabbering things. Just don't overthink it.

16. xTachibana

xTachibana Wincest King

Reading List:
    Link

Maybe they know what religion (or lack thereof) you truly belong to ;)

17. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you suggesting with that wink of yours?:hmm: I fail to understand what you mean and anyways, those hidden eyes sees all that is hidden.

18. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not drunk...i just move to our new house 2 years ago and we leave it for more than 10 years but after we made the preyer together at home, there less mystical things happen to our home

19. Sawanara murasaki

Sawanara murasaki Sawa the HEro-sensei

Reading List:
    Link
    Supernatural...most 6th sense in my country wear a red string, i don't know why but some says it used to avoid them from seeing the 'other'...ghosts aren't exist cause ghosts are demons or devils who sometimes shown to test your guts..if you seen them then that mean that you were tested..life always face challenge

20. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    funny thread
    those who really have experience toward it believe it while those who not call it bullshit
    da heck is 6th sense?
    danger intuition?
    ability to see what other "normal person" can't see?
    sometime I think scientist, religion fundamentalist and atheist or any of those 3 wanna be quite similar~
    really stubborn toward their own opinion while if see something out of their norm will spite bunch of weird to thing to deny it~
    it is amusing to see those kind of discussion and or debate~
    never fail to entertain me
    19668.png