Discussion 90% of Romance Novels with a FL be like...

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by shinyeevee, Oct 10, 2022.

1. shinyeevee

shinyeevee Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The FL is a walking doormat who is arranged to marry the cold and brooding duke/tyrant ML by her abusive family but it's revealed that they've always secretly loved each other since they met as kids and just didn't know it! Who woulda thought? But wait! The FL is actually the reincarnation, alternate universe and descendant of based god and ML isn't actually a jerk, shame on you! He's a precious cinnamon roll who just doesn't know how to express his feefees uwu The male characters exist to want to bed the FL just like how the female characters exist to want to bed the ML. Oh and the FL can't have supportive female friends/family because women are jealous hating b*tches who just have it out for FL. Screw female solidarity amirite? And how could we forget how the ML just has to have FL because he can't keep it in his pants, regardless if she wants it or not? Most if not all of the drama and misunderstandings between the main couple could have been avoided if they actually COMMUNICATED.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Diametric, Tawamu, orematcha and 18 others like this.
  2. Resplendor

Resplendor High Lord of Souls

Reading List:
    Link
    Preach

mir likes this.
  3. canaria23

canaria23 『  』

Reading List:
    Link
    This is why I hate romance novels.

datagirl likes this.
  4. KizunaAi

KizunaAi Cookie Lover ~ I love fuwa fuwa dolls ~

Reading List:
    Link
    pft-
    ahaha ~ Omg, I had good laugh
    But I can't still stop reading romance novel :blobrofl:
    I especially love to diss the bad cliche one :blobwink:

luoxinle and Anra7777 like this.
  5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    pfff, imagine reading female-oriented bg romance novels on this site, lol. They exist to pad the numbers

6. Xian Piete

Xian Piete Author of many mediocre stories

Reading List:
    Link
    It would be so much better if the ML was a murderhobo killing everyone including family members that so much as slights him, right?

Anra7777 likes this.
  7. teargrants

teargrants Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *cough* under the oak tree *cough*

shinyeevee likes this.
  8. Blossom_Honey

Blossom_Honey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In conclusion: everyone either needs to go to therapy or touch grass

9. scumtrash

scumtrash mentally ill. take me with a grain of salt

Reading List:
    Link
    A M E N

10. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recycled plot I already know the story even without reading. That's why I don't read those which you can easily spot just from tags and synopsis.
    Most most of the novels and manhwa have annoying FLs these days even though they are the MC. I don't know about MLs who can't keep it in their pants. Different novels we search I guess.

datagirl likes this.
  11. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow... You need to read some well-written stuff, like... Geez. I can count on my fingers the amount of times I read anything resembling what you just wrote.

If anything, the only part I saw often was:
    This one is sadly, extremely common. Especially in shoujo mangas.

The well-written ones still avoid this kind of garbage developments, but the mediocre ones really do this a lot. Dumb drama and misunderstandings that could be solved by simply trying to sit down and talk for a bit... But no, they have to have dumb drama.

Everything else in your post is something I basically never saw, even if I do love reading romance.

LeniSnow likes this.
  12. Kaylee

Kaylee Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I see that in almost every k-drama focusing on the romance genre.

LeniSnow likes this.
  13. Tsubaki -

Tsubaki - Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've read too many of these novels... :blobdizzy:

datagirl likes this.
  14. RegisteredToAskAThing

RegisteredToAskAThing Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Unoriginal story = dropped, edgy female lead = dropped, edgy male lead = dropped, I'm only reading 8 novels or stories in general:

Cooking wizard
    I Thought It Was a Fantasy Romance, but It’s a Horror Story (Lets see)
    Nullitas (Half dropped, but not as much as the other half dropped manwha)
    Demon x Angel, Can't get alone
    I can see your death (Favorite isekai manwha of all times with Abandoned Empress = my first isekai korean manwha with Adonis = dropped because it got boring and is still on going)
    The Archvillain's daughter in law (2nd favorite)
    Kneel before me (Half dropped)

I dropped every chinese story except Demon x Angel, Can't get alone, the only story in which I see some consistency with the uploads, it is also fun, the rest of Chinese comics suck, between a drawing that leaves something to be desired, and that most stories will end up being abandoned by the authors, I see that they do not deserve to be followed or even started, plus they're nothing special either.
    Now I'm reading japanese modern romance comedy manga (not too many of them), or one shots, sometimes smuts, but only reading the sex scenes.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2022
  15. Deleted member 314196

Deleted member 314196 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    You didn't have to summon it all up, some of us likes to be trapped in an illusion :blob_teary:

datagirl likes this.
  16. Fellyciach

Fellyciach Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This summaries made me laugh so hard. Lol... But seriously, at this point I became so fed up with the repetitive plots and fl. It's getting boring.

17. ReaderReader

ReaderReader (◍•ᴗ•◍) [Important things must be said 2 times]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just all the reasons why I dislike reading romance , even if I do read them from time to time
    :blobsob::blobsob::blobsob:
    QAQ

18. LeniSnow

LeniSnow New Pretty Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's why I question majority of novel authors if they don't have enough respect for their readers and think majority are dumb enough to like this kind of stuff. Maybe if I'm 12 I guess.

datagirl likes this.
  19. TheUnsuspicious

TheUnsuspicious ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎ㅤ

Reading List:
    Link
    same same. i havent read too much romance. but that was mainly because i noticed those trends that you just said.
    if the FL is the MC then the story would have:
    ML who is always the best most coldest most badass most capable most richest most... ee... most most?
    anyway the ML would always be sitting at the top of the food chain but for some reason has no one to love regardless of having a fiancee or not. and for some reason would easily falls in love with the FL within like what? 5 chaps? sure some stories would differ but for some reason within a few chaps, the ML would at the very LEAST be interested in this specific most ordinary female human being that just showed up out of nowhere in his life despite the countless very beautiful assistant/childhood friend/best friend/fiancee/coworker LITERALLY fawning over him. and again for some weird reason, 90% of those girls that are outside of FL's friendship would undoubtly and very definitely be very jealous and for some reason cant get over the ML.

but then when the ML became the MC, the story would become:
    Harem... just... just pure harem... like lets be honest man, 60-70% stories where the ML is the MC would have harem tag. its actually insane.
    and then the FL/FLs would be the most coldest most talented most beautiful most capable(yet always in big trouble every few arcs or so).
    Basically a damsel in distress but this damsel specifically really likes to be in distress whether bcs her family wants to marry her off or theres this one guy who is very famous and as capable if not more capable than this FL and for some reason have this ambition of 'to get this specific female human specimen that definitely doesnt want me' that can never be control despite the fact that other girls would fall onto his lap with a mere snap of a finger.
    and then this FL would be the source of trouble for like 60% of the time because of her so called beauty which for some reason, even with a damn brick covering her face. still cant stop other 'young master' from wanting her.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2022
    ragingphoenix likes this.