Japanese 900 Years of Eternity for a Reincarnated Elf

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by gautam1989, Jan 21, 2023.

1. gautam1989

gautam1989 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alternate Title:
    転生エルフによる900年の悠久無双記

Publisher: Alphapolis, Syosetu, Kakuyomu

Novelupdates page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reincarnated-elf/

Manga adaptation: https://mangadex.org/title/d80dec69...moteamashita-jumyou-de-ikeru-densetsu-to-naru

Raws: https://kakuyomu.jp/works/16816452221020227437

Cover Illustration:
    [​IMG]

Description:

Minoru Kido, 30 years old. Cause of death: Traffic accident. As a Japanese person, I died without leaving any proof that I was alive.

When I was on the verge of dying, I was thinking, "Next time, I want to live a long life and leave behind a testimony of my existence."--I was reincarnated as an elf with a lifespan of 1,000 years!

That's why I swore. This time, I decided to spend the rest of my life living in a way that left a mark on my life.

At the age of 20, I was able to freely use all of the healing magic originally possessed by elves.
    At the age of 30, he mastered all magic elements, and at the age of 100, he deciphered all ancient magic formulas.
    For the remaining 900 years of my lifespan, I'll just run out of the elf forest and become matchless.

To let someone know that I'm alive.

At one point, I fell in love with a fledgling adventurer who would eventually be called a hero.
    At one point, a country was founded in my name.
    At one point, I was called the progenitor of magic and became an object of worship.

This is a leisurely tale of a reincarnated elf whose name has gone down in history as a living legend.

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

The premise is similar to I Was Reincarnated and Became a High Elf, but I Got Tired of the Slow Life After 120 Years. It's about a long-lived elf traveling the world, experiencing different things and making his mark on history.

I've read a little of it via machine translation and it has a serious tone and is bittersweet in many parts because of the MC's longevity which means he ends up outliving all the people around him, including companions and lovers. It also gives perspectives on relevant topics like the nature of reincarnation, dealing with loss, leaving behind a legacy etc.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    Dofu and nyamachi like this.
  2. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  3. gautam1989

Reading List:
    Link
  4. gautam1989